Demo Alert!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG get off my ubi DL its slowed down!!

lol, yep mine is gradually slowing down too...

12 mins left :grin2:

4:30 for me ....

anyone who thinks they will play this game on medium settings with a 9800 is a dreamer :rolleyes:

Yea looks very much that way. Just hope it sint one of these games where you bring the settings down and the game looks awfull. If my X800XT wiht 2 gig of OCZ gold ram dont like it then im gona be well anoyed.

amd 3500+

1 gig ram (######ty one, till i upgrade to 2gb corsair)

xfx 6800gt

1024x768@85 / medium settings, runs smooth, make sure you update drivers like Reb said.

couldnt play on 800x600 all low before, lol, got me worried :@

Edited by cassius

My Specs:

AMD FX-55

DFI Lanparty nforce 4

OCZ 2x1024MB PC-4000 Gold GX XTC DC

ATi X1900XTX

2x WD 74GB Raptor

520W OCZ Modstream

24" Widescreen Dell Ultrasharp 2405FPW

If my comp doesn't run the game on high in a high res, it's def. not optimized. One problem for me is that i have to play games in a high resolution because they look like crap in low resolutione on such a large monitor.

@ Daztrek, i know the feeling m8, if my X850XT does the same im gonna be sick.

Thing is just because theres better cards out now dont mean that the X800 cards are that old. some of us still payed £300+ not all that long ago. Its easy to get into a upgrade frenzy loosing track of reality that most general pc owners would never dream of paying out such money.

we will have to see I will let you know soon.

Edited by daztrek

Thing is just because theres better cards out now dont mean that the X800 cards are that old. some of us still payed £300+ not all that long ago. Its easy to get into a upgrade frenzy loosing track of reality that most general pc owners would never dream of paying out such money.

:whistle: I'm one of those trying not to get caught up in the upgrade hype. I bought my x850xt a year ago and really should not upgrade. but me wants to.

No Matter m8, ive Dowloaded and installing now :grin1:

Textures on high?

Goto: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Demo\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Demo\Data\settings\

open

renderer_settings.xml

change

<variable name="texture_quality" value="medium"/>

to

<variable name="texture_quality" value="high"/>

have fun :)

playing 4x AA now. But for some reason i don't see any AA at all :shifty:

I upgraded just a week ago and i feel it wasn't worth it. I can't run all the games with as high of a settings as i thought and the HW gets really laoud and hot. I could afford it though so no real regrets.

My advice would be to wait for the first or second wave of DX10 cards.

Edited by Samurai Recon

I believe it was posted by GRIN in the forum somewhere... High textures require a 512MB card.

WHAT????

You have GOT to be joking! Well I'm going to run the demo on high textures using my 256mb PCI-e 6800gt card. I also got two gigs of system ram. Theres no reason why I shouldn't be able to run high textures with decent frame rates.

<_<