BiA 3 "Hell's Highway"

I hate to quote sony, but that's not a problem, Foxtrot, it's a feature. :rofl:

BIA isn't a sim. It's a story driven tactical shooter, and, by all professional accounts, an excellent one.

'Course, it's entire dev team would much rather get it finished and move over to help on Aliens, so it may be a little rushed. :shifty:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's awesome. The game's all about taking cover, yet MP players never seemed to get the idea -- why not make it a basic gameplay mechanic? Now everyone's gonna do it, and we'll have more tactical (if subtly less realistic) gameplay.

i dont like the cheap 3rd person cover system.

I completely agree.

They have also made the game more "teen friendly". No more broken body parts as in BiA 1 or 2. Now it's like any other shooter. I think the game is rated T or 16+ inseatd of M as in BiA 1 and 2, which is sad IMO. Not that I'm a a blood thirsty psycho who thirst for chopped of limbs or anything, it's just that it feels less authentic and when they've added this 3rd person peek and the slow-mo-cool-event-thingy then it's obvious they're just trying to make a simple action shooter.

I'm not going to be too pessimistic though, so I'll wait with any final words until I've tried a demo.

They have also made the game more "teen friendly". No more broken body parts as in BiA 1 or 2.

Blood sells to teenagers -- they're more than capable of getting around esrb, just like they can get ahold of r rated movies, and whatever. Removing gore from an otherwise entirely soulless, tactical game, will only make it appeal less to the 'kiddies'.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two new videos;

To Hell And Back Trailer.

And this one is superb;

The History Interview.

It's a very 'pretty' game. I like the FMV of the Waco glider. I'm not sure that there were Stukas in Holland around that time, nor a Thompson with a drum mag, but I'm a stickler for the realism here, especially if that's what Gearbox are boasting. ;)

DS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...