Mod Announcement - ARVN

Rebar

plz, a thing....

we need new voices for the soldiers! something as vietcong! i do not think that soldiers in vietnam were so, err, "professional"... they "must" have said some bad word heheheh!

this just to add to the atmosphere (for example, "charlies in sight, those B*** are shooting", ecc ecc!)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm not a scriptor, I guess Rebar can work this better than I did.

I'm looking into this, but since the missions are already made, going back to retrofit them might be more time then I have.

we need new voices for the soldiers!

I'm not doing any sounds, sorry, what you hear is what you got.

MP only missions.

Missions should be playable SP too.

L1A1 weapons added.

Hi there Rebar - lovely looking add on...

Just a little note ~ I notice you have moddled the L1A1 (British version of teh FN FAL)...

I have submitte an idea for a total conversion called 'Belfast 1979' ~ a suggested conversion mod which takes place during the Northern Irelad 'Troubles'.

The L1A1 is obviously a key weapon for this.

Just thought I would mention this (hint, hint!)

;)

Just a quick update:

I decided on whipping out a couple new missions, nothing fancy, but it took some time so a release this weekend is out. I still need to model a weapon, and put a final polishing/testing on the whole thing.

I'd say a 95% chance for a release next weekend.

I decided on whipping out a couple new missions, nothing fancy, but it took some time so a release this weekend is out. I still need to model a weapon, and put a final polishing/testing on the whole thing.

:D Missions too? This is great news Rebar! For me, I can patiently wait: you do good work so I reckon we'll get it when it's ready... :rofl:

...Thanks!

If there is something that you thought should have been in YotM, or something you'd like to see, now's the time to speak up. It will be considered, if I agree and I have the time I'll put it in.

Leave it like it is,I mean with no ennemies indicator and no night vision.

I prefer the game like this, it make it more difficult to see ennemies and they surprise you lol.

I'm waiting for the extension and I also have a server on ubi called COOP YOTM,put more coop missions with tanks will be great.

Just want to say ty for your good work I appreciate it a lot.

(by the way theres 2 bugs in your mission the one with Stealing Sampa:can"t steal it all the time and the other bug is a Nva Commander off map the rest is ok no crash yet) :o= kill 'em all.

Just want to say that YOTM is a great mod and you can join my server on ubi.com

'COOP YOTM'.

I like a lot 'no more red dot on map' fantastic it make the games and the infiltration more difficult ...the last mission in the tunnels 10/10 great one!

So we don't see them anymore on map and no more night vision...this is vietnam

old school is back to stay I hope!

I just wish to have the P90 lol...or SK guns in this one they should put more ennemies up in the trees thats awesome!

I found 1 bug in the mission that you have to capter a NVA commander...the problem is that he is out of map reach so we have to kill him to end the mission we can't get close to him.And do we have to be all in front of Sampa to steal it?Never crash yet no lag to

I would like to see more tanks in the mission I used to play :o= 'rastarocket ' :o= server side mission(a lot of ennemies/ choppers attack lol)

desert siege

Island Thunder

HX5 Red Sun

DA49

Year of the monkey

I use the skins of the YOTM missions

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but DA49 is a mod made up of stolen content from other mod authors. You won't find too many fans of that mod around these parts, infact you'll find quite the opposite.

If I'm not mistaken YOTM even does a little searching of your mod folder for those types of mods (with stolen content), and leaves them in a mess, to say the least.

My .02¢, don't support mods that steal content.

Well done with this mod add-on - I've posted my thanks on your forum.

Nice to see the ANZACs represented...

Don't think there is much more you can add *EXCEPT* (for fun rather than historical accuracy) ~ there has always been speculation that the British SAS took part in small operations...

This has NEVER been proven ~ and will NEVER be confirmed even if it was true.

But there is a lot of speculation and hear-say about it ~ so wouldn't it be fun to add a bit of this Vietnam mythology to the game by putting in a British SAS trooper.

The favoured silent assasination weapon of the time was the silenced version of the 9mm Sterling sub-machine gun (also favoured by the Australian SAS).

:)

This would be a nice controvercial 'twist'!

MAAAAN ITS IMPORTANT

IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE NIGHT VISION ONLY FOR CERTAIN WEAPON

in fact, night vision depends from 2 files:

mask-nv and mask-sr-nv

mask nv for all weapons with no zoom and normal rifles with zoom, and mask-sr-nv for zoomed sniper rifles; if u make an assault rifle, markin' it as a sniper rifle in igor or with any other program, u will have night vision on that weapon but not for all the others!!!

Well I screwed up.

I had put a grid on all the command maps, but somehow I saved the YotM ones in the wrong directory. Consider this release as a public beta, and I'll put them and any fixes into a release version later on this week.

As for night vision, that's a no go. But what you can do is go to your options, and turn up your gamma, and fiddle with your monitor brightness/contrast, and you can get it so you can see reasonably better.

Well I screwed up.

I had put a grid on all the command maps, but somehow I saved the YotM ones in the wrong directory. Consider this release as a public beta, and I'll put them and any fixes into a release version later on this week.

As for night vision, that's a no go. But what you can do is go to your options, and turn up your gamma, and fiddle with your monitor brightness/contrast, and you can get it so you can see reasonably better.

This is for all those who are afraid of the dark :ph34r: :

DO NOT set your YOTM mods at highest priority. This will allow you to see tangos on the command map and use night vision.

Why anyone would want to destroy a big part of the challenge of this mod is beyond me.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

arvn.jpg

A little late, but here it is:

ARVN mod on FileFront

Unzip into your mods director. Be SURE to read the readme.txt for directions on how to use it.

Hi I try it yesterday,nobody will join it's to complicated to much mods on(have to activate opfor ennemies)

And the misssions are sucks,its the same damm missions only with viet names.

I want to have some peoples in my room so I'm taking those mods out.

I was expecting missions like in YOTM with the new maps,tunnels and ennemies up in trees .

In coop well I'll wait for GR:AW. :sheep:

Hi I try it yesterday,nobody will join it's to complicated to much mods on(have to activate opfor ennemies)

And the misssions are sucks,its the same damm missions only with viet names.

I want to have some peoples in my room so I'm taking those mods out.

I was expecting missions like in YOTM with the new maps,tunnels and ennemies up in trees .

In coop well I'll wait for GR:AW. :sheep:

Maybe you should look for different friends who can read the readme file :wall::wacko:

It's good to have an opinion, but don't come in here and knock the hard work of a Mod team like that. Ask for help, talk about the problems you are having, that just may be helpful to you and your empty room. :o=

silent_op

Edited by silent_op