Shadow Recon is in Europe!

ZJJ

What Zjj is saying is she thinks that you believe her daughter is the rich American.

It was the 'the' in the sentence that threw me, sorry. I jad just got back from the 24hr Dinghy Race, I was on the rescue boat from 20:00 - 04:00. But we got the 70 RIB, which was consolation I suppose :P

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in the same boat of Avey in that i'm starting Uni and have beer to drink and we're both about 3-5 hours ish from London depending on the traffic

on another note SR could get the train up to Leeds for the day and we'll show her the sights/bars (note... not being let back on the train for being D&D wont be out fault :P )

i'm in the same boat of Avey in that i'm starting Uni and have beer to drink and we're both about 3-5 hours ish from London depending on the traffic

on another note SR could get the train up to Leeds for the day and we'll show her the sights/bars (note... not being let back on the train for being D&D wont be out fault :P )

Ha, she'd be lucky to get back on the right train! :lol:

on the plus side... no matter where your goin on a train in the UK there always a group of ###### geordies you can have a laugh with/at

@ Avey... which uni you going to?

I'm at Leeds Met, in fact just got back from there. Civic Quarter, Leslie Silver building to be precise.

hijacked.gif

it's, "jah mon" ... funny story. i was wasted out of my skull in amsterdam once and chillin in a rather crowded but quaint coffee shop by prinsengracht ... i always learned to roll my doobs using a dollar bill ... over my shoulder, i hear, "if osama bin laden was in amsterdam looking to kill americans, you'd already be dead by now!" being this was well before 9-11, i laughed my ass off.

doob.gif

just lookin out for ya, shadow :thumbsup:

There's nonherb sites?

tons. as i mentioned earlier, theres the rijksmuseum (state museum) showing a lot of history of amterdam and van gogh museum - both located in museumplein which is a very nice wide open park with a great fountain. theres vondelpark and oosterpark which are also nice parks. theres leidesplein which is a great square of various bars. i would recommend getting out of touristy amsterdam entirely and visiting den haag but a day might be too short. granted, a coffee shop is almost gauranteed within a stone's throw from practically any location in amsterdam, theres a lot of things to see.

You sound like a regular, Ronin :D (the oosterpark was my fav jogging spot, until i moved more into the centre).

The van Gogh and (especially) the Stedelijk museum (which is unfortunately partly closed for the moment) are a fine choice for the cultural part. Then the canals and the Red Light District (for the historic architecture ofcourse) are just plain fun.

Hope you enjoyed the local "flavours" and maybe a nice local "kopstoot" in the maritime quarter SR :thumbsup: .

You sound like a regular, Ronin  :D  (the oosterpark was my fav jogging spot, until i moved more into the centre).

dankuwel! when i lived in new york, i would fly out there for long weekends on average twice per month. thats what i like to refer to as 'the good ol days' sorry.gif

Then the canals and the Red Light District (for the historic architecture ofcourse) are just plain fun.

the uber puritans out there might dismiss this as a joke but the oude kerk (old church) has significant historical aspects. the incredible architecture aside, the sheer fact that one of the oldest (oldest?) churches in amsterdam serves as a beacon to its largest red light district (colloquially referred to as the walletjies acute.gif) is in itself a marvel of progressive society.

in addition, trompetersteeg, aside from being home to the kamers (walk-in rooms) of hands down the HOTTEST chicks in all of the mokum (yiddish for amsterdam), is also the narrowest alleyway in all of holland! high.gif

by the way way there are two other red light districts lubdem.gif

doei doei hi.gif

Amsterdam was fun. I didnt get to spend much time there though. It took me 3 hours on train to get there...then we walked around went to the Van gogh museum...got a t-shirt for my friend and then left around 3 or 4..then traveled back to for another 3 hours. I didnt really get to experiance anything. :(

I am currently in London and I finally got to a computer. Today I went on a pubwalk...then went to see the Choral Evensong at Westminster Abbey. Later around 7:30 we went to Mozart concert at St. Martins. Not to say it wanst good but after the first hour i got tired.. I can only handle so much classical music. Plus my legs got numb from all the sitting. I hate to end this trip but tomorrows my last day and then sunday I head back. I would love to do this again.

SR made it safely home last night.

She came loaded with Belgium chocolates. Who ordered Belgium dark chocolates? :ph34r: Wasn't me as I don't like dark chocolates. However, since I don't have an address to send these to anyone, I guess I'll just have to eat them myself and "suffer." :rofl: