New US Army Uniform!

budgie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the comments says:

The purpose of them isn't too look good though, it's to blend in with the Tar Macs. Think about what an air craft carrier or run way looks like. From above you wouldn't be able to see the people running around.

:)

Blend in with the tarmac? How? There's nothing to blend in with! It's a flat, GRAY surface. So how's a predominately blue uniform gonna camouflage them, even if it was possible to blend in out in the open? :huh: The runway boys dont need camo unless theyre working out in the field with an unpaved small forward airstrip (more on that later), the office jockeys definitely dont need it. So that leaves CCT's, PJ's etc who work out in the field, either a desert, woodland, or arctic enviroment. Except for MAYBE the arctic, that uniform ain't gonna blend in with a God damned thing. And aside from the fact it's useless in the situations it's needed for, it's just plain fugly! :blink:

One of the comments says:

The purpose of them isn't too look good though, it's to blend in with the Tar Macs. Think about what an air craft carrier or run way looks like. From above you wouldn't be able to see the people running around. 

:rofl::rofl:

Brilliant logic... this way the enemy missile/pilot won't hit Private Numnuts it will hit the LARGE FLOATING OBJECT in the ocean...

Ahhh the Airforce.... just made my day... totally.

:lol:

Thank you for posting this portion of the thread budgie! :thumbsup:

Edited by MarauderMike

You know whats been ###### me off for awhile? Why do soldiers have to pay for their uniforms? At least why do they have to pay for the utilities? Thats ridiculous, as if it aint bad enough they get paid minimum wage in the first place, they have to pay for everything the army gives them. What next? Do they have to pay for their ammo and weapon, too? :rolleyes:

soldiers also recieve a clothing allowance, to counter-balance what we have to spend... :rocky:

For the Army, it looks like they took the three colors most common to both woodland and desert and slapped them together. Thing is it's too dark to work in the desert all that well - maybe rocky scrub. In the woods it would do alright but then practically any combination of earthy greens and browns will do that. Again I think they should have at least a separate digital pattern for the desert.

As for the Airforce - I guess they had it designed by Stevie Wonder or something.

Incindentally - my first post in a long while. Last PC took a GIANT dump, lost all files, everything. Then had no PC for a long time. Now - I have a new box with great specs but can't bring myself to install GR because my enormously elaborate self-made mod is gone... I had modified EVERYTHING. Sigh...

Hey, good to have you back. I was wondering where you had got to.

Shame about the PC disaster... I hate it when stuff like that happens.

*Creeps out of thread, hopefully not off-topicating (cool word, eh?) it*

The neat thing about the US marines MARPAT is that it blends so well in jungle/woodland. But at the same time if it HAD to...it can hold its own in a desert environment.

Plus the marines ALSO have a dedicated desert version of the marpat uniform.

I knewwwwwwww the US army was going to get jealous and look to replace their aging uniforms. But while they have done a decent effort the decision to use only one color pattern for all environments is in my opinion ABSOLUTELY RETARDED!!!!

I mean a guy could almost become invisible wearing marine marpat in the woods. But if I guy wore THAT thing in the woods he is goin to glow in the dark like a gamma irradiated neon sign! I mean as is the colors are fine for urban environments and desert environments but I am sorry I do not see how this even comes close to being a good jungle/woodland camo.

The army spokesperson said it wasn't a 100% solution for all environments but its a good solution for all environments.

Excuse me but if you want a 100 percent solution for all environments then make more than one version! And excuse me its not even a "good" solution for all environments.

I mean its like people today can only see whats before them and can't really envision events that waiting for them just behind the corner. I say that because this uniform is really meant for desert combat. But I wonder what the army personnel stationed in South Korea are going to say when they realize that next year they are gonna have to wear that? Are the Army Rangers going to have to wear that too?

Look, I know I'm not military but I just don't see how that is going to work effectively in the jungle. All future wars aren't all going to be in the desert.

Right? :unsure:

Edited by Stalker_Zero

i tinks you would be good in woodland..its green and brown. What more do you need. i know playing paintball in the woods its very hard to see those colours. I noticed tigerstripe was alittle noticable in the woods with the black stripes. With this you can become 1 with the forest..(*hopes none of my pb friends gets it* :( )

Well it wasn't too much of a suprise to me. If you remember, the original BDU design was created by the Marine Corps. All the other services seem to be in a rush to either copy it (US Army) or go their own route(Air Force). I just wished they didn't do such a half@$$ed job. :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that the current BDU design was created by Carl Stiner back during earlier days of the Green berets, when they specified designs for a ripstop jacket with breast and bottom pockets and the Army adopted it as an overall garment...

If you remember, the original BDU design was created by the Marine Corps. All the other services seem to be in a rush to either copy it (US Army) or go their own route(Air Force).

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

The original design is Canadian, DAMMIT!!!! Thats right, Canadian!!! We also invented the zipper, the telephone, and velcro!!! :wall:

The neat thing about the US marines MARPAT is that it blends so well in jungle/woodland. But at the same time if it HAD to...it can hold its own in a desert environment.

Plus the marines ALSO have a dedicated desert version of the marpat uniform.

I knewwwwwwww the US army was going to get jealous and look to replace their aging uniforms. But while they have done a decent effort the decision to use only one color pattern for all environments is in my opinion ABSOLUTELY RETARDED!!!!

I mean a guy could almost become invisible wearing marine marpat in the woods. But if I guy wore THAT thing in the woods he is goin to glow in the dark like a gamma irradiated neon sign! I mean as is the colors are fine for urban environments and desert environments but I am sorry I do not see how this even comes close to being a good jungle/woodland camo.

The army spokesperson said it wasn't a 100% solution for all environments but its a good solution for all environments.

Excuse me but if you want a 100 percent solution for all environments then make more than one version! And excuse me its not even a "good" solution for all environments.

I mean its like people today can only see whats before them and can't really envision events that waiting for them just behind the corner. I say that because this uniform is really meant for desert combat. But I wonder what the army personnel stationed in South Korea are going to say when they realize that next year they are gonna have to wear that? Are the Army Rangers going to have to wear that too?

Look, I know I'm not military but I just don't see how that is going to work effectively in the jungle. All future wars aren't all going to be in the desert.

Right? :unsure:

Something to remember. The images we see online are NOT what the uniform really looks like. The actual uniform is a brownish color. Budgie posted a GREAT image of the ACTUAL camo. The press release photos make the uniform look like crap.

So before you dismiss the camo, take a look at what it really looks like :thumbsup: The actual camo looks great.

Yeah that first press release was an urban prototype or just brightened up because of camera flash. If you look at some of the other links in this thread you'll see it is actually quite brown and would suit woodland or urban rubble well, but I think it might be too dark for the desert. That said, if the troops will keep wearing woodland flakjackets then the desert camo is rendered ineffective anyway, so what's the difference? I guess SpecOps will keep some other desert camo for deep cover etc..

The original design is Canadian, DAMMIT!!!! Thats right, Canadian!!! We also invented the zipper, the telephone, and velcro!!! :wall:

Hehe, not to fuss over semantics... but while the telephone may have been invented in Canada, it was invented by a Scot. ;)

Just like street lighting, colour photographs, the television, tarmac, bicycles, raincoats, adhesive stamps, the thermometer, anaesthetics, antiseptics, the hypodermic needle, RADAR, the gas mask, the locomotive, the lawnmower, thermos flasks, golf, marmalade, the fountain pen, the refrigerator, the breech-loading rifle...

:rolleyes:

Just like street lighting, colour photographs, the television, tarmac, bicycles, raincoats, adhesive stamps, the thermometer, anaesthetics, antiseptics, the hypodermic needle, RADAR, the gas mask, the locomotive, the lawnmower, thermos flasks, golf, marmalade, the fountain pen, the refrigerator, the breech-loading rifle...

I didn't know about all of those!

Didn't know about all that..

Wasn't the breech loader created by a Scottish captain during the American Revolutionary War?? I seem to recall reading a bit about that..

Well, I like the Army's decision to get digi-camo, but I still dont see the color scheme working anywhere. It looks grey, and in case y'all havent noticed, woodland enviroments are green and brown, and the desert is mostly tan and brown. So I'm just not happy with the color scheme, the pattern and the uniform itself with all it's neato little improvements that the grunts have been bitching about for years is really cool. I hope the one I get to wear one someday actually matches the enviroment I'm in. :rofl::thumbsup::whistle:

Good point about the improvements - practically nobody here has reflected on the fact that this uniform is an extremely welcome change in a great deal of areas as far as functionality goes. And +1 for the comment that the color is not gray. Read up and look at the pictures earlier in the thread and You will see the green/brown pattern the way it really looks.