First weapon model

swartsz

Here ya go JTF-2, i made it after seeing the website someone posted in the Computer disscussions forum about the Max Payne tutorial, and with a little help from Snared Gambit!

crbg.jpg

PS, still workin on that skin... custom camo's hard  *whine*

don't worry, i am sure the result will reflect your hard work!!

Edited by swartsz

I've been away from GR for a long time... just recently came back to it.

All I can say is, Swartsz, you are f00king amazing. You models and Cobra's skins are top notch... Breach&Clear needs to attach a clue in his next post.

Keep up the great work, and thanks to everyone who helped this guy get so damned good!

:thumbsup:

It Feels good to be SANTA 

Swartsz knows what I mean

:D i sure do! was sitting home one day, quietly modding away and all of a sudden i hear something on the roof. an what do you know? it is Kp.Eli dressed as Santa Claus with a big bag of goodies!! :P

Keep up the great work, and thanks to everyone who helped this guy get so damned good!

true, very true. I could never have done this without the help of other modders and members! and i am proud to say many of them have become dear friends of mine!

And thank you all for the great support and feedback you have given me this year! and i will do my best to give you loads more models and mods for you to play with in 2004! maybe even for the new Ghost Recon game we are all waiting for!!

Edited by swartsz

after i saw a cool picture on another forum, i tried to make something similar myself. have a look and let me know what you think of it!

expm.jpg

at the moment it is a bit too big in polycount for use in GR, but maybe i will try to recreate it one day so it can be used in Ghost Recon.

Edited by swartsz

i am sorry Rocky, but i just can't help myself!

but if you find anything interesting in those books, let me know! maybe i can turn it into a cool model. :D

There are some nice clear photo's and loads of info but I would think you probably have all you need :thumbsup:

i am sorry Rocky, but i just can't help myself!

but if you find anything interesting in those books, let me know! maybe i can turn it into a cool model.  :D

There are some nice clear photo's and loads of info but I would think you probably have all you need :thumbsup:

LOL, you are right, i have loads of cool gun pictures i still need to turn into models.

love the tricked out m4. maybe to high for GR, but with a bit more detail, it would be great for RVS.... :rolleyes:

maybe.......if and when UBI release the SDK for RvS, i will have a look to see if i can't make a mod for that game.

but in the meantime i have found some ways to lower the polycount for that model, so it might make it in to my new mod 'Cry Havoc'.

i also experimented with 'bump' maps today to enhance some of my textures i use in scenes and i think it turned out pretty cool!

have a look, please be aware it is a big pic ( in filesize i mean! :D )

bump map test

Edited by swartsz

What are "bump maps" and how do you use them?

hmm... that is a bit hard to explain, i am still learning how to use them the right way. but here goes, bump maps are a 2nd texture you use under the 'real' texture to create a 3d feeling to the texture.

maybe Kp.Eli could explain it better, he is currently studying to use them!