Headset

kram_2006

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone could recommend qa good headset please?

im currently using a crappy old mic and my iPod headphones plugged in2 my stereo! wires crossing :(

Would i be better with a wireless headset or wired?

Would really appreciate links or names and model numbers.

Im in the UK by the way so a UK website would be good.

Many thanks.

I use Sennheiser 150 and that is a sturdy and padded headset with good sound in and out - recommended (the Sennheiser 130 is not worth the money though). I got no UK-link but search on the headset's name and only on UK sites and you will be good.

I have no experience with wireless, but less finesse, less breakdowns is my motto.

I use Sennheiser 150 and that is a sturdy and padded headset with good sound in and out - recommended (the Sennheiser 130 is not worth the money though). I got no UK-link but search on the headset's name and only on UK sites and you will be good.

I have no experience with wireless, but less finesse, less breakdowns is my motto.

Thanks alot, I'll check it out when I get home from :wall: work :wall:

I have the Medusa 5.1

Gives you great awareness of the battle field. Works gret with GRAW.

Also, and these are better, more expensive, but no 5.1

Sennheiser HD600

(These last ones are on my wish list waiting for wife approval - LOL)

Edited by RaP7oR

Raptor and Crowman, i've got a question about the Medusas's...

what has it got, 4 jacks for 5.1 sound? is there any way to get true 5.1 out of the headset using a single SPDIF jack? i just can't find an external sound card with 4 outputs anywhere, just the imitations with only one headphone jack output, which i'm assuming is SPDIF and produces kind of a fake 5.1 sound... thanks for any input.

Edited by th33f.

Theres a pretty good run through here mate

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2005/07/14/heads...amers_can_love/

Shows you all the details you need to know, you'll only need 3 outputs from your soundcard as the sub channel is encoded into the centre channel, I think thats how it goes anyway, BUT be aware that there are two versions of the card, one with the 5.1 passthrough box so you can connect some 5.1 speakers into it as well and one that is USB, I went for the passthrough box and cant fault it, cables go out to the 5.1 speakers as well and you can have headphones and speakers on at the same time if you want withought faffing around at the back of the pc to change the cables over, makes it all very easy.

Theres a pretty good run through here mate

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2005/07/14/heads...amers_can_love/

Shows you all the details you need to know, you'll only need 3 outputs from your soundcard as the sub channel is encoded into the centre channel, I think thats how it goes anyway, BUT be aware that there are two versions of the card, one with the 5.1 passthrough box so you can connect some 5.1 speakers into it as well and one that is USB, I went for the passthrough box and cant fault it, cables go out to the 5.1 speakers as well and you can have headphones and speakers on at the same time if you want withought faffing around at the back of the pc to change the cables over, makes it all very easy.

let me get this straight... the amp box connects to a sound card with 3 lines? could you tell me what color jacks are used? does that include the mic connection? you said, one is for the bass, so the rest, the 5.1 channel sound comes in through one wire? does the headset itself only has one mini-jack to connect to the box with?

There are red blue and green jacks that go into the box from your soundcard, the mic is on a separate line and doesnt pass through the box, the front is on one channel, the rear on another and the centre/sub on the last, then you have 3 cables out going to your 5.1 speaker setup if you've got one.

There are red blue and green jacks that go into the box from your soundcard, the mic is on a separate line and doesnt pass through the box, the front is on one channel, the rear on another and the centre/sub on the last, then you have 3 cables out going to your 5.1 speaker setup if you've got one.

so the headset wire itself connects to the box with a single jack? if so, is it called an SPDIF input?

No, its not, if you look at this image

hs-medusa5.1surroundheadset-02.jpg

You'll see all the connectors on the back of the amplifier box for input and output, you'll also see two DIN sockets on the front for two sets of headphones. I had to track this review down to find out what connection that was too, I hadnt a clue

http://www.meroncourt.co.uk/reviews/73