Zero Dark Thirty - Bin Laden Movie Out In December

Dick Splash

Everyone hates the war but LOVES making money off the movies. :rolleyes:

I hope this thing is a total flop. Although it won't be. Anything invloving the raid people will flock too like the idiots they are.

Everyone hates the war but LOVES making money off the movies. :rolleyes:

I hope this thing is a total flop.

Help me understand this viewpoint.

Have you ever watched a war film before? BHD? The Great Escape? Iwo Jima?

I don't understand how anyone can criticse war movies for making money when they themselves pay to watch said movies.

It's kinda odd to class this as a WAR genre based movie, as it is just a "raid", but in reality bin laden did declare war though.. But i guess its the thought that SOME "classified information" was given to the industry to help produce this film.

That's the only thing that makes it intriguing to watch.. If you wanna be positive about it..

I recently watched "The act of Valour", that was filmed with real NAVY SEAL operators, That movie was pretty awesome considering they didn't use actors and real SEAL's men, that really felt somewhat realistic .. I wonder if they'll use ex SEALs men for this film too.

• 1 month later...

Stay tuned I have FIVE Act of Valor DVDs to give away.

I'm an old fart, but who won?

finished reading No Easy Day, and can't wait to see how this movie will compare to the book...they are not related business-wise, only in story.

I saw Seal Team Six going cheap in the bargain bins, it's another account of the Bin LAden assualt, so there are two books on it, Seal Team Six and No Easy Day, I think.

I'm an old fart, but who won?

Oh boy, I totally forgot about that.

Also forgot to give away the DLC codes this wekekend, MUST do that today!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm probably gonna pass on this movie. The movie SEAL Team Six released by Nat Geo is already on Netflix streaming, but I'm gonna pass on that too. My Dad got me the book, No Easy Day, but I'm gonna wait a while before I actually pick it up. I'll keep my reasons to myself 'cause I don't wanna break any rules on the forum. I will say I did like Act of Valor. I already have that on Blu-Ray. I took my friend who was a Marine in Iraq to see it along with another one of my high school friends and they both liked it, but I'm just gonna pass on anything about this for quite a while.

• 1 month later...

I've lost track on films and books for the Osamo mission, there are 2 or 3 books, how many films?

Entertainment Weekly just had an article about SEALs showing up in pop culture in 2012, not all of the below include references to taking down Bin Laden ...

Books

- Chris Kyle's American Sniper

- Mark Owen's No Easy Day

Movies

- Act of Valor (note one of the actors Rorke Denver is coming out with his own book in 2013)

- Zero Dark Thirty

TV

- Nat Geo's SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden

Videogames

- MoH

- CoD