Your Views So Far?

Gaming-Nation

what are your views on GRFS ? i feel like it has some what a battlefield 2 , not 3 feel to it the way the customication is layed out and so on, im disapointed there isnt much ragdol in the death animations , ragdol makes games soo much funnier even if its for the slight chuckle as u fall down some stairs after being shot.

overall so far i am pleased with the way it is going, considering its a beta i expected lots of bugs and down parts

one that ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME is the diffrent sniper scopes for the oposite teams, my god i have never hated something so much, im allways a sniper based class person and i cant stand the upside down V shaped reticle for it.

i cant get my views across here without rambeling on so just let me know urs i even done a gameplay / review on it if you want to see =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdEMzv1CUWI

I'm especially curious as GR:FS is on the same engine as GR:O if it shares some of the same problems and issues we're seeing in the GR:O betas.

I highly doubt GRFS and GRO share the same engine, but then again what do I know ... :P

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if GRFS MP and SP are 2 seperate engines like in GRAW

I highly doubt GRFS and GRO share the same engine, but then again what do I know ... :P

They are both on the same version of the YETI engine, Ubisoft has said as much...

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if GRFS MP and SP are 2 seperate engines like in GRAW

GRAW for console was on YETI as well, both SP and MP, GRAW for PC was one the Diesel engine...

:blink:

Edited by 101459

The reason i stick to calling it a beta is because of the means of wich i got the code. The e-mail specificly said beta so thats why i call it that :)

Interesting news bit that! I wonder if it's just some stock email form that got used and the beta/demo difference got overlooked, or if this means something... Where's Sherlock Holmes when you need him?!

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

not overall pleased with the game. I don't like the controls and the speed is far to fast for Ghost Recon. Its full of short range quickie fire fights and none of the mid to long range shooting was required in old GR games. Instead of having long range lines of fire that a sniper could shut down and funnel an assault into an ambush, There is just too much cover available that has ruined the purpose of crawling and camouflaging properly for the environment. the other thing that I hate is that it has been reduced to 6v6. 8v8 was much better. The game is missing standard siege mode, which is almost a deal breaker for me. The game mode was not available in any other quality shooters and set the game apart. 8v8 siege matches is where the nearly cult following of GR came from. There are too many good shooters out there that do much of what GRFS is doing, but better. With big maps and siege missing from this GR installment, I feel that I will end up back on BF3 before too long.

The reason i stick to calling it a beta is because of the means of wich i got the code. The e-mail specificly said beta so thats why i call it that :)

Interesting news bit that! I wonder if it's just some stock email form that got used and the beta/demo difference got overlooked, or if this means something... Where's Sherlock Holmes when you need him?!

:zorro:

Haha yeah i dont know realy i recived my e-mail 2 days before the release with a nice big beta sign.

But the way how damn right buggy it is. I realy hope its a beta not a demo

It's a demo. The code is gold.

The game is now "done and dusted as to what's on the disc", Jacob added, but Ubisoft Red Storm will work throughout the beta period on tweaking settings for the final version. "It's the first time we'll be getting such a wave of feedback on how things are tuned, how the weapons are tuned. These are things we can fix."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-17-ghost-recon-future-soldier-more-realistic-than-cod-says-dev

It's a demo. The code is gold.

The game is now "done and dusted as to what's on the disc", Jacob added, but Ubisoft Red Storm will work throughout the beta period on tweaking settings for the final version. "It's the first time we'll be getting such a wave of feedback on how things are tuned, how the weapons are tuned. These are things we can fix."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-17-ghost-recon-future-soldier-more-realistic-than-cod-says-dev

Whoa! They are withholding game modes for future paid DLC?

Looking further to the future, a raft of Future Soldier DLC content appears to be on the way. "There will be more game types coming," Jacob revealed. "These will be paid-for DLC." Details of these are under wraps, but in the long term Ubisoft plans to offer "obviously maps, new guns, new modes", Geoffrey added. "And maybe more stuff to come... we'll see."

im still un certain if its a beta or a demo because there was a launch about known issues and so on and they called it "GRFS Beta Known Issues"

this is very confusing , some of their team is saying demo , some of their team is saying beta :S

to be fair what does it matter if its a beta or a demo, tbh its kinda both.... beta because you get a code and demo because you can play a sample of the game. on the other hand however they really need to sort the bloody connection out! i reckn if they can get near perferect connection with no loading screen problems near minimal lag while playing etc etc and also if they could opeb up the maps a little bit so that then more sneaking about and sniping and use of gadgets and gizmos. and so tht people who play with their frends can communcaite and play the game the way it meant to be played and not running around trying to rambo it like you can on CoD and BF. then itll be a really good game :)

My thoughts after 5min. *turn off Xbox, go to PC, Launch Arma 2, have fun*. I never had high hopes for GRFS, after playing it myself, I give it a 1 star out of 5. Maybe even half a star. There is nothing good about it, the fundamental gameplay mechanics and arcade like, and do not promote any reason for team work. Fail. Is all i say. Bring on ArmA 3. Best thing us tactical shooters can hope for

Thumbs down for me,to many gizmos and no customizable lobbies to turn all the crap off.Customizable lobbies was the last thing left that made GR games

GR games. 6v6 with four man parties what a joke,who put this crap together.

None of the weapons or gizmos seem to have real counters.to fast paced,I dont want to play GOW/COD/Socom/Battlefield I want to play a Ghost Recon game.

The only good thing I like about this game is gunsmith,which most of us

can agree is a very nice addition.

The straw that breaks the camels back for me is no fully customizable player match lobbies.

the main thing for me still is the god damn snipers, these maps are NOT in any way for snipers, theres not enough ability to creep around , and if i pop up i die in what feels like 1 bullet from any other gun , wheres as im shooting at someone ells with a assult riffle , takes a hell more bullets then that xD

i just cant find many good spots for sniping, and even if i do , no one goes that way because the ammount of players is too god damn small

hopefully the maps that they gave us in the beta are the two smallest maps they have. I guess that there is still a little hope that there will be some maps for snipers and sneaky assault guys like me. I still want siege! and 8v8.

yeaa ill agree to that... bigger maps... and also less bullet lag (way better connection n shiz, unless thts jus me?) and they deffo NEED a minimum of 8v8...

I dont know if its bullet lag or if its the hit detection is just completely broken. I had several instances where I watched the kill-cam and the guy who shot me wasn't even hitting me, not even close. In one instance one player and I ran past each other and he must have reflexively pulled the trigger, not even facing me, and he killed me. ???? I don't know if its the servers, if we just had a bad connection, or if the game is broken.

And as far as hit detection goes, its just kind of all over the map for where a headshot is. no apparent rhyme or reason.

the maps r too small... way too much intel for single objective gameplay...i mean how much "intel" do u need? a. your radar lights up if an unsurpressed enemy shoots, then u have a uav then u have weapon addd ons that detect near by enemies, then u have sensor mines and proximity cameras.... all to show u where the enemy is at on a map the size of a baseball field....with a single/central objective that usually only has 2-3 choke points.... then u have guys tossing endlss grenades n spawning on their friends... this game sucks!