Osama Bin Laden Killed

Ruin

ABC News Link

President Obama just confirmed it. Not an air strike, it was a ground assault. No American or Civilian casualties.

What a historic and truly monumental day it is. The body has been recovered and will be used to confirm, again, that this is OBL.

Regardless of who you are or where you live, I think we can all agree that the death of a mass murderer and terrorist is a good thing. That justice must be accomplished and never forgotten. I think this goes to show that the war on terror (not the official one) is working. We're dealing decisive blow after decisive blow. I can only hope for the best.

More tomorrow.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm not well-liked here, but I ahd to come on and just say job well done to the troops and all the intelligence agencies. So huge. My gf called me and told me and so I knocked on my dad's door and told him. Just huge. I'm jubilant and just happy.

i think my daughter's fish is a voodoo fish, she bought a Betta splenden a week ago today and called it Fin Laden, then Bin Laden dies today, how barmy?

really happy he is gone, i think that will probably secure Obama's place in the election next year, is it? after all he authorized the attack.

i can imagine someone will make a GR or Arma mod out of this, it would be one cool mod to have in the downloads.

Edited by zeealice

I know! so weird when i found out :P someone is getting an extra bloodworm today for being a good voodoo fish.

anyway back on with the topic,

i'm sure President Obama is dancing around his office celebrating his head off, so he should be :D

Edited by Zeealex

really happy he is gone, i think that will probably secure Obama's place in the election next year, is it? after all he authorized the attack.

Let's be clear... this has been ten years in the making. The credit does not rest on one man, but thousands of people. He may have authorized the attack, but there are 2400+ people who gave all in Afghanistan for this effort; 4500+ more in Iraq and countless others we'll never know. The credit goes to a nation resolute on justice and security. All of our hard work has paid off.

I'm not aiming this at you Alice, I just see a lot of this sentiment barely 12 hours after this event. Obama happened to be the man in the office on the day the the fruits of this labor finally came to be.

I celebrated a bit too hard last night... time for food. :)

Cobblers, the pic that goes around of just his face is fake. It's been running around for a while (found it on a blog from a year ago).

As far as Ladder 4... if memory serves it was a truck from FDNY that lost all of its crew in the 9/11 attacks.

So the USA made DNA and facial recognition on the body. About the facial recognition, no arguments, but what about the DNA?

You need two samples to make a comparison: either the CIA has an older sample from Bin Laden or they've got new samples from his relatives (all evacuated from the USA, AFAIK). So, even with a positive from the DNA sample taken from a relative, you got only a possibility (like you take a sample from his sister, you can confirm that they are very close genetically, even that they are brothers, but you can't say it's Bin Laden because they could have more brothers, you know what I mean?).

Also, when did they develop a DNA test that works that fast? (well, I know they are more technologically avanced than the average joe, but that was pretty fast!)

Helicopters? I assume they killed him because he was armed, and he only could be armed if he knew they were coming for him, what can be attributed to the rotors noise. Couldn't they use those silent choppers at least?

I know some of you americans and allies were expecting his death and all, but it's not so easy to believe he is dead. The CIA trained him after all.

---EDIT---

Ok, so his sister died in Boston and FBI could retrieve some tissue from her body.

There are reports that the operation was made by a team of Navy SEALS, in two helicopters, under the command of JSOC and in colaboration with CIA. But also it's reported that the Pakistan government was not asked and the US troops entered the Pakistani territory without autorization or prior permission.

The Pakistani government afirms it was a joint-operation between both countries.

---EDIT2---

I've got some coords that are claimed as being of the compound were the assault took place:

Link to Google Maps

[this link will show Kakul Road, just move some south and you will find (34.169357,73.242534), marked by a green arrow]

Edited by Operative

About silent choppers, you know they exist don't you? They are not noiseless, of course. The sound of the engine is decreased, but the sound of the rotors remains.

why do I got a feeling that Marcinko would know this more, than anyone here ....besides HF :whistle:

Link to Google Maps

[this link will show Kakul Road, just move some south and you will find (34.169357,73.242534), marked by a green arrow]

I wonder what was recently buried on that empty lot west of the compound (brown circle of dirts) .....they look big :huh:

Let's be clear... this has been ten years in the making. The credit does not rest on one man, but thousands of people. He may have authorized the attack, but there are 2400+ people who gave all in Afghanistan for this effort; 4500+ more in Iraq and countless others we'll never know. The credit goes to a nation resolute on justice and security. All of our hard work has paid off.

I'm not aiming this at you Alice, I just see a lot of this sentiment barely 12 hours after this event. Obama happened to be the man in the office on the day the the fruits of this labor finally came to be.

I celebrated a bit too hard last night... time for food. :)

Cobblers, the pic that goes around of just his face is fake. It's been running around for a while (found it on a blog from a year ago).

As far as Ladder 4... if memory serves it was a truck from FDNY that lost all of its crew in the 9/11 attacks.

Bah! i never pay attention to the news anyway :P hence why i am often misinformed.

Also, when did they develop a DNA test that works that fast? (well, I know they are more technologically avanced than the average joe, but that was pretty fast!)

A DNA test only takes a few hours. They took the sample right to a lab for testing and comparison. Hand delivered, stamped "RUSH", it wouldn't have taken long. There are labs in Afghanistan and I'm sure on the ships nearby too.

I don't know why people still have doubts. Why is it so hard to believe a ten year manhunt involving the world's greatest military, trillions of dollars, and thousands of lives has actually succeeded? I'm seeing a lot of chatter around the interwebs about people nitpicking this and trying to find holes. It just blows me away.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but everybody knows how CIA is treacherous. Period.

Over recent history I can cite a lot of episodes involving CIA, even in my country and in the neighbors, so I will never trust it.

I'm not saying he is alive, I just want to see clear evidences :thumbsup:

Edited by Operative

What if CIA had killed him long ago and was waiting to reveal it for any reason (like the fear of retaliation from Al-Qaeda)?

I'm not saying he is alive or any that CIA is actually commanded by zionists, it's far from that.

I'm only saying that CIA likes to lure people.

Like Ruin said, DNA is done now in 1 hr.

No disrespect to Marcinko and the rest of you Army folks, but having S6 go in there serves a good honor to those SEALs that gave their lives.

DAO maybe be also involved, but just keeping quiet. :thumbsup:

Have you seen the pics of him dead? To me they look fake.

You might want to watch out if your searching for dead pics of OBL. :pirate: Read some tech articles where malware and virus lowlifes are nailing PC users with infections when they end up at their web sites after searching for dead pics and other important info related to the killing of OBL. :nono: