Guess what? (RSE related)

Kimi

Having RSE linked with GR4 can only be a good thing whatever their involvement. I for one am looking forward to the release.

i've been edited! haha - i meant the type that an orchestra would play. honest. :whistle:

There wasn't much orchestral about that comment natsanwa. :rolleyes:

Why does everything have to be cryptic? It won't hurt anything to say a studio is working on an unannounced title (which EVERYONE knows they are doing and have been doing for 2 years now) or that they are contributing a specific portion of FS. :dunce:

I agree. People take their game making a little too seriously. The cream always rises no matter if it's known or unknown. It wasn't like COD:MW did anything super unique. They weren't the first "reality looking" fps, and they won't be the last. They just put the right style and ingredients to appeal to a wide audience(like it or not) and consequently have the whole industry playing "meeee toooo!"

I'm sure everyone wants to make a big splash announcement, or maybe they think they have the next big thing, but unless they are working on something other then GRFS, not sure what all the secrecy is about.

I can understand them not throwing down the gauntlet about all the expected features in the game, but keeping what dev studio is working on it and what each dev studio is responsible a "secret" is well, UBI. Though in reality, should it really matter to the consumers? Regardless of who develops it, it is the end result in which we will "judge" it. We could all speculate that if RSE is doing the "PC" version that we would get a more "Ghost Recon" game, but us knowing about RSE won't effect the end result.

We could all speculate that if RSE is doing the "PC" version that we would get a more "Ghost Recon" game, but us knowing about RSE won't effect the end result.

Knowing what studio is doing what means a lot actually. There was a major difference between RSE's work, and Paris' work, on GRAW1 and 2. The whole feel of the gameplay was distinctly different. It will weight heavily on my decision to buy or not. Heck, if GRIN was still in the picture, for example, I know I wouldn't be picking it up.

Knowing what studio is doing what means a lot actually.

I absolutely agree.

Knowing which dev studio made the game impacts my purchases. I have only bought CoD 1, 4, and 6 for the PC all of which were made by Infinity Ward, haven't ever bought any of the Treyarch developed versions

Likewise, I also only purchased the 360 version of GRAW 2 but not the PC version (after trying the PC demo) since I knew RSE was working on MP for it.

It is likely true that which studio made a game won't impact regular Joe casual gamer's purchasing decisions, but I think the serious gamer is likely more discerning.

Honestly, Ubi having some of their lower tier dev studios make PS2 versions of GR2 and GRAW1 probably hurt the franchise more than helped it.

That being said, GR2 for PS2 must have sold at least 400K copies since it was made into a Greatest Hits edition. :blink:

The last 2 posts are missing my point. Us knowing does not effect the outcome or the overall end result (i.e. Retail version of GR: FS). So why would UBI be so hush-hush about who is doing what? Most gamers could care less or even have a clue who developers their games.

*sidenote* RSE is not unfoulable, my last experience with RSE product was Lockdown for PC. That is the ONLY TC game that I have ever regretted buying. I got ZERO enjoyment out of it. I mean that in the most literal sense I can.

After having used this exellent site for years and years for valueble news on upcoming ghost recon games, I finally got around to registrering myself :blush:

I must say, as a 360gamer my hopes for GR:FS have hit an alltime low! The fact that the Paris studio seems to be doing the majority of the game is just shocking news.

The GRAW titles were both a bit strange in the way that two different studios were developing singleplayer and multiplayer.. but it was VERY CLEARLY the multiplayer part that people played. How many people have even played the singleplayer part more than two times to get their achievements?!

The multiplayer part had a few flaws here and there, but alltogether it was a million times better than the singleplayer! The co-op was more exiting than singleplayer anytime.. in fact I can't find one thing good about the singleplayer campaign at all.. the fraggrenades were effective, and had a nice sound to them, but that just dosn't cut it :mellow: Any way.. what I'm trying to say it that the RSE part of the GRAW games were obviously waaay better.. yet it seems Paris will be doing the whole game this time.

And the talk of how Ubis competitors have changed the landscape of shooters, and forced them to come up with "new fantastic ideas" for the shooter genre, has got me equally worried! http://ghostrecon.uk.ubi.com/communitynews/?p=21

The ghost games have allways delivered when it came to multiplayer on the Xbox.. and now they need to run a Beta all of a sudden. I bet they have to test Predator Drones, C130's and other destructive stuff.. before going live. I just hope they'll stick to the good old idea of fully customizable servers like in all previous titles. Ninety nine percent of rooms are minus booms and drones because people enjoy a good old fashion "rifle match"! So if it aint broken, why fix it?!

The rumor about a brand new RSE title is very nice. Would be great if somebody made a proper simshooter for mature gamers :)

Edited by he1nz

• 3 weeks later...

The last 2 posts are missing my point. Us knowing does not effect the outcome or the overall end result (i.e. Retail version of GR: FS). So why would UBI be so hush-hush about who is doing what? Most gamers could care less or even have a clue who developers their games.

That is just the nature of the beast. Ubisoft has always been this way.

I think they brought RSE in late in the game. I believe that once the trailer released, and the new page went live at ghostrecon.com talking about GRFS, and there was no mention what so ever about RSE, and the threads started popping up over at the Ubi forums, they finally had a moment of clarity and realised that they really do need RSE to be involved in someway shape or form, or else it would end up being an endless problem with the hardcore fans.

I believe that's why we got mention of RSE being involved after the trailer released, and after questions started being asked. the RSE webpage, still has no mention of GRFS, and ghostrecon.com and the trailer still have no mention at all of RSE. It's almost like they sneaked RSE in through the back door at the UBI Paris stuidios, and are saying "oh yeah, they are workin on it, they are playing a big role in the game's development."

Edited by Xx RTEK xX