So my copy arrived today...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from KevlarSoul2K10, over at Cm forum. i just love it when someone type my thoughts for me :D

Ive played quite a bit since it's been released, and the more I play, COOP (WOW! AMAZING) MP (LAG ONLY DOWNFALL--GUYS KICK PEOPLE ABOVE 300 PING, PLEASE) and SP...and all I can say is the controls, the intricacies, waypoints, commands, tactics, YES TACTICS, ABOVE ALL TACTICS, and Weapon varieties REALLY give this game a robust healthy complexity that is on par with ARMA (better done IMO) and the tactical gameplay of Ghost Recon and RAINBOW SIX (really really good tactical gameplay)...

Bugs aside, etc this is a really well thought out game folks....

At first you are like "oh I cant get used to THIS or THAT or THIS is different than X (mostly ARMA) game, but then you start to realize its BETTER

I can even drive really well now...at first I thought it was bad, now I can do it very easily...

Why didn't Codemasters show videos showing the complexities of the command system, how the function (us Tactical gamers love all that intricate war style geekdom)! You should do that

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=386647

Just realized last night that you can order your teammates separately (Q, 1,2,3,4. or 2,4 etc). That's why the order menu doesn't disappear after the order. Now i get it!! Like Viiiper said, the base is solid.

Edited by RatoN

I haven't read everyone's post about the audio, but have you noticed that when you issue a command, have a response from AI or friendly, or Voice Chat with someone on comms, and you are in a building you will hear the response slightly echo as if you are in an empty room? If they are in the same room of course. If you issue a command in a building it will echo as if you are really in there? Cool little touch I like. Try it in the hangars on the first Infiltration map.

Also if you are charging a door and have to get in quick, standing up and running, hit your use key as you get to the door and you will kick it in.

Edited by Cell

I haven't read everyone's post about the audio, but have you noticed that when you issue a command, have a response from AI or friendly, or Voice Chat with someone on comms, and you are in a building you will hear the response slightly echo as if you are in an empty room? If they are in the same room of course. If you issue a command in a building it will echo as if you are really in there? Cool little touch I like. Try it in the hangars on the first Infiltration map.

Very cool. There's also the same sort of effect in narrow valleys. That's where I first noticed it.

Also if you are charging a door and have to get in quick, standing up and running, hit your use key as you get to the door and you will kick it in.

:o That might be in the manual (?) I don't remember seeing it. Good find! Wish I could try it but I'm waiting for my pc version to arrive. The 360 version I had now lies in 3 crumpled up pieces on my floor. Having to scramble to save other NPCs and friendly armor before the "mission failed" message.............became annoying. <_<

Starting to sound like a broken record so I'll quit bringing up the timer thing.

......Stupid timer thing (homer simpson voice)

Edited by doubletap

Well - my copy arrived yesterday - and had an interesting comparative gaming session playing a few games of [OFP: DR] followed by some BF2 on the new 1.5 patch....End result is that the BF2 CD is now permanently back in it's case.

I noticed a few niggles about [OFP: DR] - yes, indeedy - but on the whole I just was so tripped to be playing what I felt was an updated Ghost Recon Classic that I forgave the little naughty bits!

At the end of the day I have to say that ArmA2 was such a stinker that [OFP: DR] was simply a relief! LOL

The bottom line is this though - I always trusted Codemasters to come up with a better product than BI, especially in teh player interface stakes. And I also trust them to listen to what teh community is saying and improve those bits which are a little problematic.

I'll be a bit conservative though and give it a 7/10 (with the proviso that I know this is going to develop into a real classic).

:)

Edited by Clone_Ranger