Frostbite

Rocky

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn how to use IGOR...  I ain't about to tell you how to destroy my work.  You whiners are acting like there is music playing during the entire mission. I've got no problems hearing the other sounds playing simultaneously.

If you don't like it, you can always delete the whole mod off your hard drive.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. ;)

I think the issue is for people using comms, the music is distracting in that case.

Nobody whined or asked about destroying your work, only about removing the music to allow them to use comms, deleting the whole mod would seem a tad extreme....

Guest snipe21

As I have yet not had the pleasure of using this mod and I'm a mod and Igor dummie I would like to say that I'm a realistic gamer and I do hope that there is a way to turn the music off. When I first got GR that was the first thing that got axed was music in the game but I do that to all games that play music in them. I down loaded Riot_Redux mod and that killed voice comms so I'll just have to wait for the CD of frostbite to find out. :huh:

I'm not forcing anyone to play Frostbite. When I read smart ass comments about the "Russian Orchestra" playing in the background, it tends to ###### me off.

Bottom line is I made this mod for my friends and I. We like the music and it stays. People, you just happened to get the bonus of getting a free expansion pack and there are a few here acting like they payed 50 bucks for it.

Rocky, I sure the heck didn't notice any problems when we played this together as far as communication was concerned. I heard you loud and clear and wasn't distracted by it at all and I don't recall you saying that either.

If there is a scripter out there that feels the need to produce Frostbite Original

Mission Pack minus the music, by all means go for it. This is not going to be patched by the Frostbite development team.

Great for you that you deleted it. Carry on.

btw... I don't kiss ass if you haven't noticed it already.

Rocky, I sure the heck didn't notice any problems when we played this together as far as communication was concerned.  I heard you loud and clear and wasn't distracted by it at all and I don't recall you saying that either.

Nope, we didn't have a problem.

But then, there were only two of us, and we were not playing tactics. I can appreciate that some gamers like to play without music, just as I can see some gamers like it with music, there's no right or wrong. I don't see anybody here carrying on like they paid for it either, on the contrary actually.

I think I seen where you had hoped to gain employment based on this project. Well if you carry that type of attitude, bristling over constructive criticism and the inability to get along with others, then you'll have a hard time maintaining employment.

The comment about the "Russian Orchestra" was just a gig, it wasnt meant to insult anyone our to slam all of your hard work. It certainly wasnt meant to insult the Russian people. Music has its place for sure and in itself there were some nice pieces. I certainly didnt want this to be a flame war. Rocky and his staff have enough on there hands without myself stirring up trouble.

Can you imagine going into an employment interview ?

Employer: Mr. El_Oso, I see you've created a fine mod for GR. You could have allowed for this change here though....

El_OSo: Go screw yourself pal, I dont kiss anyones ass.

Employer: Good day Mr. El_Oso, we'll call you, dont call us.

;)

Sorry Rock :(

I didn't intend to create a flame war here either. I apologize for antagonizing this further than it should have gone. I did take that comment as an insult even if it wasn't intended that way.

Maybe I just don't get it. Frostbite is Frostbite. It is what it is. It's finished except for a few bugs in the product which will be duly fixed.

Like Wolfsong said above, its easy to fix and anyone on a PC with IGOR can do it. I'm just not communicating this too well I suppose. It's absolutely foolish of me to expect that everyone is going to like it everything in the mod.

As for the lecture on constructive criticism, you can ask any and all of our team members on my operating techniques. It's all in the manner that the criticism is communicated. I'm very flexible to ideas. I spent hours and hours constantly altering what the play testing crew suggested and attempted to fix all of the problems or design issues that were raised.

Our team put there hearts and their souls into this. I'll fully admit that I'm proud of Frostbite and the members of the community that worked on this. I'll also admit that it isnt' perfect either. There isn't a video game on the market that is either for that matter.

Music stays in the original version. End of story.

Peace

Constructive or not, quite frankly they didn't ask for help from the public.

The music in Frostbite isn't unlike a musical score in most movies we watch. It is there for ambience and "mood". Its also part of the underlying action in the missions to enhance or manipulate the "mood" and thus the immersive quality of the mission. This was their production, they were the director and producer, and they created the scenes as they best felt helped their story unfold. No one on the Frostbite teams claimed they were going for realism. In fact it plays much more like that of an interactive movie/storyline if you ask me, and thusly it fits the Frostbite mod perfectly.

And in the end, as was stated, if you don't like it as it is you really have 2 options available. Take the time you would spent writing your constructive posts and apply it to the removal of the sounds. It is quite easy to do if a moment is taken. OR, if thats too much work, then spend the time you would've writing the post and use it to uninstall the mod. You dont have to play it, just like you don't have to watch a movie you don't enjoy or find to your liking.

Remember, this mod obviously was built focused on a storyline in campaign form for the player to be interactive with its unfolding. But because its focused on campaign, you need to expect that the MP co-op missions to be equally focused on storyline. Expecting anything else is just a fault on your part.

El_Oso and crew, it is an absolute top rate production, I didn't find a thing wrong with the it, and in fact I quite enjoy the cinema feel during missions.

Huge thanks to El_Oso and Neutron for the killer job, you have earned a place in the professional realm IMO

(and to the person who did the interview scenario.....professional companies have people on staff who specifically deal with the publics "constructive criticism"....thats a nice way of saying they pay people to listen to the peoples ###### cause they dont want to. Finding this level of interaction between a dev team and their audience is very rare in the professional industry, so think about that before the ridiculous comments)

The MOD is good Thank you, PERIOD.

Yes it is, that was never in question ;)

El_Oso and I have worked this out in private. He apologized for what was said and so have I.

I will have all of my posting cleared first by Rocky to insure that it doesn't insult, anger,offend, or cause hysterical laughter.

....also while your at it could you spell check for me Rocky ? :lol:

I've discussed this again with my Neutron. We've decided to release a small optional mission pack that will not play the music in MP co op play. This way the music will be there in SP and won't play during a co op game. This will be a server-side mod only and must take precedence over Frostbite. I'm going to try and have this available tonight.

Thanks

I've discussed this again with my Neutron.  We've decided to release a small optional mission pack that will not play the music in MP co op play.  This way the music will be there in SP and won't play during  a co op game.  This will be a server-side mod only and must take precedence over Frostbite.  I'm going to try and have this available tonight.

Thanks

Reply cleared by Rocky: ( :lol: )

Frostbite team: Thanks fellas, that is very much appreciated ! I can finally hear my squad laughing at me for lying face first down in the snow !

One more thing, can yall add little yellow patches into the snow, around trees,tanks, and buildings ? Now this would defiantly add a little more realism to the mod ! :lol:;);)

I've emailed the patch to Rocky. It is server side only. Just extract the missions to the Frostbite mission directory and overwrite your existing missions.

NOTE: This patch is intended for those that elect to NOT have music playing during MP co op play. The music will still play in SP. Those that like the music in MP should NOT download this patch.

The following is a c.y.a. for me: If you don't install this patch and happen upon a server that has this installed, you will not hear music play during the missions.

I'm falling asleep here and am quite exhausted. It is highly possible that I overlooked something here.

Please email me asap at el_oso@warofinfamy.com so I can patch this patch if necessary.

Guest snipe21

To EL_OSO,

Being a 56ker I'm getting my FrostBite on CD because I would still be DLing it this time next year. So I have yet had the chance to try you work and from all accounts from those that have DL it they reckon it's a ripper Mod. As a realistic Gamer and care not for the bells and whistles of the overall feel and tension building of a game regarding music I say thanks for listening and for the patch. No one was downing your team or ability to produce such an awesome Mod or the hard work you have done but mere pointing out some possibility of changes for future references. :huh:

I just played this thing online tonite, awesome purley awesome, great job. My only gripe is the MP team camo patterns they seem messed up, white camo for IT maps? I can understand why they are white for the Orignal GR maps. But It is weird that the first platoon has woodland camo but every other platoon has a white pattern. Is it possible for this to be fixed with a patch?

....also while your at it could you spell check for me Rocky ? :lol:

Ah, now that I can help with. I've posted this is the Computer forum before - but it's such a great tool I don't miss any opportunity to pimp it. In fact this mod also gets 10/10 :P Click below...

ie-spell

I highly doubt the issue with the skins in MP will ever be addressed. There are four platoons. Each platoon has custom skins for Frostbite. 1st platoon references the default skins. This is why they change based on the environment. I simply don't have desert and jungle skins for the remaining three platoons to do this. If something like this becomes available I'll add it in in a patch. Bajabravo is a very busy man and was only able to make a limited number of character models and skins for the mod. I don't think he will be available too much over the course of the next month due to real life commitments. After that, I think getting Canadian Ops 2 out the door will be his number one priority.

In response to the gameplay issue above on Radar Base that I seemed to have overlooked before: On elite level there are 3 vehicles. A T72, BMP, and a SAM. (I don't count the snowmobile since it can't shoot back at you.) There should be a sufficient number of AT rockets available in one kit to cover this. You just can't miss. ;)

I am findng the Frostbite Expansion Pack to be superb in every way.

Such detail and excelent maps has inspired me to maybe trying a mod myself, just for fun.

I am using a Mac and IGOR does not appear to be on the GR CD, does this mean I cannot attempt a mod for GR? I enjoy playing network games with friends who use both Macs and PC's. It's not the platform but the game that is important, so does IGOR exist in a Mac flavour?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

btw I work in the music biz and love the music in Frostbite, thanks for a great mod.

IGOR is used for scripting missions and importing a map into the game. It also has a platform that performs a lot of tasks that can be done in notepad.

If it is on the MAC version it would have been installed to your root Ghost Recon directory.

The only reason that I can see anyone playing GR/DS/IT is for the weapons which came with Frostbite.

As for the mod itself, it's great haven't had much of a chance to play it, but so far so good.