Looking for New Game

Fletch

I'm sick of playing the same old games over and over. I like games like GR, NwN(1), Oblivion, Wing Commander, Privateer, Freelancer, MechWarrior, and a couple others. Anything new on the horizon or already out that I might want to take a look at? Also and this is big, I don't pay to play. I don't care how good the game is, I don't pay any more than what the box cost to bring home.

cysis, lego star wars 1 and 2, lego batman, lego indy jones, assassins creed, ground branch, far cry 2, mass effect, hawx...

as for just fun games to pay a day, some with friends: liquid war, jump n bump (with all the levels), plasma pong, scorched earth 3d or atomic tanks...

Oshead thanks, I have cysis, FarCry, and I'll look at the others but somehow Lego games sound a bit young for me. Assassins Creed is a bit more than the current PC can handle. Ground Branch and far cry 2, I await eagerly but its not out yet.

Roco, I will check out Frontlines, that sounds like what I'm wanting.

Edited by Fletch

Be advised, Frontlines: Fuel of War does not like Phys-X cards. Not even in the slightest. Those with Phys-X cards, me included, have reported innumerable (yes that many) random in-game CTD's. They would happen in both SP & MP and random intervals during the game. I couldn't progress further than the very first part of the second SP mission due to this. Hell, I had to keep re-doing mission one taking different paths, because taking certain paths would cause CTD's.

A fellow FFOW player, suffering the same CTD's, discovered that if you disable the Phys-X card before playing the game, it will run perfectly, without any CTD's whatsoever. I tried this 'fix' and it does work. So bear this in mind before getting FFOW.

I like the drones, in fact, I reckon I use them too much. Funny as hell blasting a village with the mortar drone, then sending in the assault drone to mop up any remaining resistance. Now if only I could fly those choppers properly without crashing them. Such are my pilot 'skillz' that I managed to blow myself up in the fighter jet before I got it to move across the airstrip....

That ok then as I don't have the card but do have the software from installing GR:AW. Will that interfer or is it ok? I'm hoping to pick up this game next payday.

At the minute i really enjoy playin Assassins Creed, its something differnt too from all my other FPS games i have.

I remember freelancer, lol..

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is something worth looking at tho :) But its kinda heavy on the CPU.

gonna grab me some upgrades this summer.

At the minute i really enjoy playin Assassins Creed.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is something worth looking at tho :) But its kinda heavy on the CPU.

If your playing AC without trouble you must have a very good PC at the moment as the UBI AC Forums are all about the problems they are having. I have held off buying AC for that reason till I build my next system, (as soon as I find a rich uncle). Which then leads to, if you think R6 Vegas is CPU heavy then I am surely screwed with this old PC as it is not even ready for AC. However having said that I will definately put those games on my to get list when I get the new system running.

I'm in love with Sins of a Solar Empire at the moment.

I don't know much about this title, is it like Homeworld? If so I had a very hard time with HW as there is just too much stuff going on at the same time. I hate to say it but the old mind is not as agile as when I was young. Games like GR:AW2 push my limits with controlling team mates and tanks and a few Marines.

Hey Fletch...do you have F.E.A.R.? If not you might try that or the expansion Extraction Point and of course there is Project Origin to look forward to...S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Once again, Clear Sky to look forward to there...If ya would like a freebie filler and have HL2 you might try one of the two or three recent SP campaigns there...they're pretty good...as in Coastline to Atmosphere or the most recent version of SMOD which has numerous objective driven SP firefights on the Counter Strike maps(?)..

mig :ph34r:

Thanks Migryder, I have all the F.E.A.R. games and have even replayed them. I did not know about Project Origin, but now that I do I will be getting that when it comes out.

I don't know why I don't already have S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it seems like something I would buy. Must have missed it when I was looking in the store. Since it's a year old maybe I can get it from the bargin bin.

Thanks Migryder, I have all the F.E.A.R. games and have even replayed them. I did not know about Project Origin, but now that I do I will be getting that when it comes out.

I don't know why I don't already have S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it seems like something I would buy. Must have missed it when I was looking in the store. Since it's a year old maybe I can get it from the bargin bin.

yea and with the most recent patch a much more stable game, for me at least...even though the first version was buggy it was still a hoot to play...

mig :ph34r:

Holy crap, I think I have to go get a steering wheel. For a free game this is unreal. The graphics are really good and the racing is fun as heck. btw, I crash alot.

I played it a lot, but failed to turn up for my competition race :wall: Awesome game for free, I couldn't believe it when I first downloaded it.

Ok, I picked up Frontlines FoW and played it about half way through last night. So far I will give it a 6 out of 10 for play and a 10+ for graphics. The reasons I score it a 6 is the cinimatics between fights, The .50 Cal sniper rifle will sometimes require 2 head/body shots to take out someone. The regular rifles don't seem to do enough damage on HardCore, (I can understand this on lower settings but not HC). Don't go the wrong way or you will be told you are leaving the battlefield, (anyone in the game industry ever hear of the tactic called flanking?) and shooting high powered missiles in to a small room and the bad guy still may pop up fighting. Couple of things I like is the accuracy seems not to favor run and gun, the drones and the fact that you can shoot your missiles in locked or dumb fire mode.