Starship Troopers Mod

Chems

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Just to fill you guys in, I got that Virus msblast so that set me back. And also GR has lamed up but Im fixing it now. Id hoped to get the "thing" textured before I go away at the end of this week but I may not. So you might have to wait 2 weeks. Sry. But Ill try. On a happy note, Shivers side of the deal is coming along and Jack57 is making amazing progress on the capture the flag stuff. I myself have been working on lowering the CHR polys. Jack57 said the PC jerks when hes got 6 of my CHRs up! ekkk!. So im working on LOD 1&2. As well as lowering the main one.

Update: Jack57 is making even more progress and I got stuck on my side so shads stepped in to help me, thanks m8. As to modeling etc. Im gettin screwed at every turn by my PC! The little ######. But seen as its a team job now, Shiver, Jack and shad helping then stuff still gets done even if Im lazing around. Its a good team. Rivals those old drag team mods. Shiver has got luck and got a new Processer which will allow him to work on the map again. :D But Im feelin down cause NOTHING has gone right today. I need a virtual hug! lol. Ill check in l8er.

i would hug but 2 guys huggin is just weird :huh:

How about a threesome then? :unsure:

Anyways I got some real good news to give Chems when the sun gets around to his side of the globe. Should cheer him up no end :D

I'll let him fill ya's in, as it's his 'baby'.

Jack :ph34r:

Well what Jack57 has done is made a GTF for capture the flag. At the moment hes only implemented two teams but when hes done it will have all 4. The scripting looks very complex and in game what I can see works. The problem is that I cant actually play it cause the rest of the clan are all running 1.4 and at the moment my GR thinks its 1.3. I still havent fixed it yet but will do soon. Shivers end is coming along to (not the map) and Ive made progress as well. So expect some last SS soon before I go away.

I see, so, yesterday, when you said you had a virus, you meant your computer? Here I am thinking you're sick. :huh:

Btw, the new cpu is for the new pc I'm building. Possibly will be working

on it this weekend. Once It's done I can return to working on the map.

aw! 4 guys on one project! Such luxury! ;)

Hope you get the textures done before your departure Chems.

Looking forward to this one.

@ Shiver: since you're working on the map..got any screenies yet? (Could be I missed 'em on Platoon though).

Chin up buds..you'll get there... :D

more like 3 ppl and Shad helps out. The map shivers working on is the peri-de resistance! (said like a french guy) and wont be shown till its finished.

Not even closeups so the layout isn't revealed? :( ahwell...back to the waiting-game... :D

sorry, chems is the boss... ;) but I can tell you that the layout of the map

is suited well in my opinion for not only sp missions but mp as well

and for me, as far as maps go, it's going to be better than anything else

I've done so far but this is only my 2nd real map. Chems came up with

the design and I'm just trying to match what he had in mind as well as possible, I've tried to embelish it in some ways as well..

OK ppl. Im off on hos for two weeks. Hopefully Shiver and Jack will keep the thread bumped and give you any info on there little bits. If it gets really dull boys link umm to the picture I posted in the supporters forum, Jack will be able to find it in Starship BETA. catch ya l8er. ;)

Way to go Chems!!! :yes: You have renewed my ambitions to mod red storm games... lol been a while and i havent done much good stuff just cheat stuff for an old clan i was in for rogue spear. I really liked the movie and the old computer animated tv series and i think t6hat a mod for starship troopers is a great idea. I remember when i was 13 i designed a 2d 9mm pistol and i did it pixel by pixel... it took me weeks and i was so proud... lol advanced a little since then and i think that your work is very nice (Mark L. should keep his issues to himself :angry::P ) I cant wait to see the final product from the team... I hope its everything you wanted it to be... btw i never caught the way you tagged the bugs ... or have you yet??? that must be very complicated... hope it works properly wit the GR engen (<<< im french my spelling in english sux... lol )

Good Luck with this and any future projects guys and again thx for the inspiration. :thumbsup::yes::rocky:

P.s. I also just want to say that i saw your idea erlier this week somewhere else... cant remember where... :huh::unsure::wacko::blink::angry: WTH i cant remember oh well i liked the idea and now that i have seen some of the work i am double interested in DLing this mod...

Edited by pantera_team_a