Download AAS map pack HERE.

Simply unzip the file and install the 4 bundles into your custom_levels folder:

aas_test.bundle

crashsite_aas.bundle

hacienda_aas.bundle

nowhere_aas.bundle

Server name = Advance And Secure Game Mode Test Server

Please post questions/problems here.

The only issue I was not able to test (because it requires more than 1 player) was bonus scoring, so please keep an eye on the following:

If you decimate the opposing team before securing an objective your team should get 2 bonus points. Previously, the trigger that caused the points to be awarded was never turned off, so instead of just getting 2 points, your team received 2 points every second. This trigger occurs for every objective (3 times total).

If the opposing team secures the objective without decimating your team, your team gets 1 bonus point for not being decimated. Similarly to the other bonus, this trigger was never turned off, so your team gained 1 bonus point each second.

Again, I did change the scoring and these issues should be fixed, but I was not able to confirm this.

Your entire team has to be in the objective zone in order to secure the objective. It takes 90 seconds to secure the objective. If, however, you decimate the opposing team, it only takes 3 seconds.

Synopsis for GRAW 2 Custom Game Mode Advance And Secure

Objective:

Your team is tasked with securing 3 objectives before the enemy. Only 1 objective is available at a time. The objective you must secure can be anything from a building, vehicle, asset, or personnel.

Spawning:

There are four (4) initial spawn points. Ghosts will spawn at 1 of the 4 spawn points, chosen at random. Rebels will spawn at 1 of the remaining 3 spawn points, chosen at random.

Each player is limited to 1 death per objective, and will respawn when an objective has been secured.

Dead players on the team that successfully secures the current objective will spawn at the objective.

Dead players on the team that fails to secure the current objective will spawn at 1 of the 4 initial spawn points, again chosen at random.

Scoring:

The team that successfully secures the current objective will get 3 points. If they kill all of the players on the opposing team, they will get 2 bonus points.

If the team that fails to secure the current objective has any surviving members, they will get 1 bonus point.

If all players are dead then match ends in a tie, regardless of how many points each team has earned.

No points are awarded for individual kills.

Due to this scoring system, it is still possible to win a match even if your team only secures 1 objective.

Gameplay:

Classes & kits are standard MP kits, similar to TDM.

Each AAS map is made with 6 possible objectives. The first objective is chosen at random, then displayed as a waypoint marker on your HUD. After the first objective has been secured, the second objective is chosen at random from the 5 remaining objectives. The first waypoint marker disappears from your HUD, and the second waypoint marker appears. This is repeated for the third objective, which is chosen at random from the 4 remaining objectives.

In order to secure an objective, your entire team must occupy the objective area for 90 consecutive seconds.

If any member leaves the objective area the timer resets and will not restart until that player returns or gets killed.

If any member of the opposing team enters the objective area the timer resets and will not restart until that players leaves, gets killed, or kills the occupying force.

Each match lasts only 1 round, since spawns and objectives are chosen at random, and kits are limited to the standard MP classes & kits. No side has an advantage over the other.

Additional Features:

In addition to the waypoint marker, smoke plumes mark the location of the objectives. Once your entire team enters the objective area, the smoke plume will show blue smoke. If the enemy is occupying the objective, the smoke plume shows red smoke.

Edited by Rocky

Just spent some time on here, great game. Good one. :thumbsup:

Only had one dodgy experience, which was spawning on the outside of the top level of a building in the Hacienda map.

A countdown of time the opposition has been in the objective may be a good addition.

Thanks for your time and effort making this

Only had one dodgy experience, which was spawning on the outside of the top level of a building in the Hacienda map.
That is an intended spawn point :thumbsup:

A countdown of time the opposition has been in the objective may be a good addition.
It's there under the minimap!

Thanks for your time and effort making this
I hope you like it! It was fun to make!

NEW VERSION 1.01 AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HERE

Fixes:

>> A stupid, stupid typo prevented the ghost team from securing the second and third objectives unless the rebel team was decimated :wall::wall: . I removed the offending "space".

>> Bonus points for surviving team were awarded incorrectly because I started the determining trigger after dead players spawned back in :wacko::wall: . I changed the way bonus points are determined to hopefully resolve this error.

If there are any other problems, please let me know. Again, since I can't test everything as a lone player on a LAN, I cannot confirm that everything works 100% as intended.

Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

Yo Cangaroo. Any changes from the day Irish, Snake, you and I tested it? Just wondering. Will dl the new version tonight.
Yes. Rocky and I tested it earlier today and, from what I can tell, everything works 100%. Here is a list of changes I made since you played it:

>>Fixed the issue of not spawning once the opponent has captured an objective. I changed the code (there was a typo that prevented players from spawning at 2 of the 4 locations)

>>The decimated team now gets a message saying "Your team has been decimated."

>>When the opposing team is decimated, the countdown timer still shows "90", but it counts down by 30's, so the zone is secured in only 3 seconds.

>>If the game ends because time ran out and no objectives were completed, the game ends in a tie.

>>If the game ends because time ran out and 1 objective was completed, the game ends in a tie.

>>If the game ends because time ran out and 2 objectives were completed, the winner is determined by score.

>>If the game ends because 3 objectives were completed, the winner is determined by score.

>>After every objective is completed, the round time resets to 20 minutes. So, if you decimate the opposing team, even if you wait until 5 seconds are left on the clock, once you secure the objective the round time will be reset. (This came up because someone suggested you could win a match by waiting until the last possible moment to secure the first objective. Then, the opposing team would not have an opportunity to score any points. Now, there is no way to "force" an outcome without playing for all 3 objectives.)

This is great.

Finally =). NICE WORK

I used to play the original GR on mac and we had this gamemod called "the General"

1 randomly selected player of team A was the general and the rest of the team had to protect him.

Team B tried to Execute the General.

This was one awesome mod. Is there anything like this planned for GRAW2?