The original Ghost Recon with Diesel

I had a brain blast that maybe others have already had. now that grin has provided the mod tools they had to build GRAW2 what is to stop modders to make a [GR] campaign for SP or MP, i have no idea of the limitations of the engines and the mod capability but i think it should be slightly feasable, i have no idea as to the story of Ghost Recon the original, but i think it would be awesome if all the modders banded together to try and recreate [GR] using diesel. THink about it and post what you think about this idea, i wish i could help but i have no clue as to anything modding related, i mean i have some very basic knowledge of 3dsmax but anyways i would love to see something like what i stated above. This could become a sort of community thing to bring back [GR] with better graphics and maybe equal gameplay it could be titled Ghost Recon Redox, who knows the possibilities.

Edited by Kakanater

I guess he likes GR's missions and gameplay but GRAW2's graphics and effects.

Quite understandable, at least I think so.

Like Wolfsong said, it's not as easy as it looks.

Everything has to be duplicated spot on, which is very hard to do and very timeconsuming.

I'm trying to get as close as possible with TANK! but in the end, an old skool GR-player will always find minor differences.

Those critics have a keen eye for detail ;)

As for creating the same missions or campaigns......could be fun I think, although I doubt they can be duplicated 100%.

yeah i mean i am not a stickler for detail as long as the basic plot and feel for the missions is expressed it would be great, it could be like [GR] in 2014 i am not concerned with detail to that extent, others might but that is thier issue for attention to detail. Basically what i want to see is [GR] with the better graphics, it could be made only for coop.

On a side note i was wondering if it would be possible if a mission could be made that is objective based but instead of AI but players, for example take the first mission where you have to eliminate the rebel outpost, could this mission and objectives, so there would be a four man or more ghost team would be one team while the other would be the rebel defending their outpost and so on and so on. There could be like two respawns for the rebels so that the map would not become empty very fast, is this possible using the editor or not.

As for creating the same missions or campaigns......could be fun I think, although I doubt they can be duplicated 100%.

You're spot-on... apparently little things like doors had to be sacrificed between 2001 and 2007.

:(

-jk

callsign threepoint

yeah i mean i am not a stickler for detail as long as the basic plot and feel for the missions is expressed it would be great, it could be like [GR] in 2014 i am not concerned with detail to that extent, others might but that is thier issue for attention to detail. Basically what i want to see is [GR] with the better graphics, it could be made only for coop.

On a side note i was wondering if it would be possible if a mission could be made that is objective based but instead of AI but players, for example take the first mission where you have to eliminate the rebel outpost, could this mission and objectives, so there would be a four man or more ghost team would be one team while the other would be the rebel defending their outpost and so on and so on. There could be like two respawns for the rebels so that the map would not become empty very fast, is this possible using the editor or not.

would become a RvsA mod....looks possible, but I'm no modder.

Maybe we could set up a dutch weekend lan sometimes and spend some time gaming/looking at your mod and maybe pick up modding ourselves..... :thumbsup:

[apparently little things like doors had to be sacrificed between 2001 and 2007.

That doesn't mean that they can't be brought back. With a bit of creative modding it should be possible for GRAW2.

Granted, not 100% accurate, but close....