Team kill = round kill point?

Matching against Team Hot last night we ran into a bug in the way the server scores in TDM.

1st let me explain our setup.

TDM No Respawn, 10 min round 40 min match (so match timer doesn't go off in game)

Start Conditon 2

Balance teams false

no vote

no tk punishment

When playing, 1 of there members accidently naded himself. At the end it said they won and kills showed 1 more on there team even though 4 of 5 players on each team was dead.

This needs fixed.

Luckily Team hot knew what happened and we played on as if it was tied. (Great sportsmanship Team Hot)

I see it alot in TDM Respawn games and haven't had it effect us in our lone match so far but I can see where a team looking for a cheap win could cause some problems. Maybe for now just make sure both teams agree that suicides and tks don't count against the round score before the match starts.

Luckily Team hot knew what happened and we played on as if it was tied. (Great sportsmanship Team Hot)

I can't say that I wasn't secretly praying you would guys would say "Nice Win!" :P

LOL... yeah it would have given you guys the total match win!

I was like what the? LOL!

So wait, if a guy runs up to you and GLs his feet, he gets 2 kills?

Hummm, Jihad time....lol :ph34r:

Pssh, that would require him to actually die from it as well. GL at the feet seems to be an "I WIN" button because I rarely ever see the GL person die along with their enemy...which is mainly my only complaint about the GL in multiplayer, aside from just the overall lameness of it. <_<

Edited by BonkerS

So wait, if a guy runs up to you and GLs his feet, he gets 2 kills?

Hummm, Jihad time....lol :ph34r:

Hmm interesting thought and i bet possible. We'll need to test it after the patch.

????

As I understand it, it would not yield two kills as such.

In Bota X's example, that would yield one kill for the team and one kill less "available" for the opponents (because of the self-tk)

Now, that means the opponent team could never make a draw with one player left in each team. They will either loose or they have to win by elimination (if the last opponent player manages to find and kill the last guy).

In theory you can even win a 6 vs 6 match with 1 vs 5 players left when match time runs out, if the team made one kill and five tk:s, while opponents made no kills.

It is not necessarily an advantage to be many players left alive in the end of a game if the enemy is chasing one kill to tie.

Otherwise, worst case, a tk may even be a strategical part of the game, i.e., if you end up in a bad situation/open area in the end, you may tk yourself not to become part of the enemy score.

On a side note, the scoring was the same in GR1 LMS if my recollection is correct, but I'm not saying this is how it should be scored.

I think it should be fixed. The score should naturally be determined by how many players there are killed, whether by tk or by enemy fire. Tk's should be "punished".

PS Cudos to Team Hot! I look forward to the next match against these awesome players :thumbsup:

I'm almost positive that I've seen people listed as having a negative number of kills after a TK, but that's in a server with respawns. Perhaps there's a difference in scoring linked to not having any respawns. In reality the server scored the total number of kills correctly, right? I mean Team Hot scored 4 because they killed 4 of AFZ, and AFZ scored 3 because they killed 3 of Team Hot. It's just that one kill was not subtracted from Team Hot's score because of the TK.

What happened with the score of the individual who had the TK? Did he have 1 subtracted from his kill total? Perhaps GRAW2 tracks total kills for the team separately from the kills of each individual team member, such that a person who commits a TK has one subtracted from his score, but it's not subtracted from his team's score.

I'm almost positive that I've seen people listed as having a negative number of kills after a TK, but that's in a server with respawns. Perhaps there's a difference in scoring linked to not having any respawns. In reality the server scored the total number of kills correctly, right? I mean Team Hot scored 4 because they killed 4 of AFZ, and AFZ scored 3 because they killed 3 of Team Hot. It's just that one kill was not subtracted from Team Hot's score because of the TK.

What happened with the score of the individual who had the TK? Did he have 1 subtracted from his kill total? Perhaps GRAW2 tracks total kills for the team separately from the kills of each individual team member, such that a person who commits a TK has one subtracted from his score, but it's not subtracted from his team's score.

Not totally sure as i was looking at the team scores which showed a tie then it flipped to the map :(

But on no respawn i know you can go negative... but i'm not sure if it does that to your team score.

I'll look at it next week if it isn't changed in the patch.

What happened with the score of the individual who had the TK? Did he have 1 subtracted from his kill total?

He should get a -1.

Perhaps GRAW2 tracks total kills for the team separately from the kills of each individual team member, such that a person who commits a TK has one subtracted from his score, but it's not subtracted from his team's score.
This should be the case, yes. The team is not punished because a random players has done something wrong. Only the player itself.

What happened with the score of the individual who had the TK? Did he have 1 subtracted from his kill total?

He should get a -1.

Perhaps GRAW2 tracks total kills for the team separately from the kills of each individual team member, such that a person who commits a TK has one subtracted from his score, but it's not subtracted from his team's score.
This should be the case, yes. The team is not punished because a random players has done something wrong. Only the player itself.

Hmm so that means... in a match. 2 players left on one team, 2 players on the other. One player gets spotted and gets pinned down. If he tks himself and the other player is camped out for the rest of the round, it will still be a tie? His score will show -1 but the team score would still have even amount of kills? this is not a good option.

In a match, a player should be held responsible for his team. if he makes a mistake the team kills should be punished by a -1 to there score, i would think.

He should get a -1.

Hmm so that means... in a match. 2 players left on one team, 2 players on the other. One player gets spotted and gets pinned down. If he tks himself and the other player is camped out for the rest of the round, it will still be a tie? His score will show -1 but the team score would still have even amount of kills? this is not a good option.

In a match, a player should be held responsible for his team. if he makes a mistake the team kills should be punished by a -1 to there score, i would think.

I think personal points is the deciding factor in the case of a team point draw. Not sure, but it shouldn't affect any other situation then a tie at least.