M468 . barrett firearms

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asfar as I'm concerned everything is fair game in a dedicated request thread or if asked for input about what to make next....but simply popping into a thread dedicated to something being worked on, spitting out 3 words of critique (hardly ever happends though, 99% of the time it's just "awesome work!" that we see) and then post a huge image of what you want to see aswell is my pet peve.

It just signals that yeah, you might of liked what you saw....but you couldn't care less....you feel more like "you idiot, this is what I'd want to see instead!"

:wall:

One of these days Snow is going to make some real weapons and kill everyone...

A little bit beefer.

m468_graw_03.jpg.w560h234.jpg

<click for larger image>

Pretty good, Brett. If I may be so bold, please don't overlook the length of the actual 6.8 mags compared to 5.56 mags. Because of the cartridge, they're a bit longer. Also, are you going to stick with the CAR stock? No offense meant, obviously, but they're gettin' a bit long in the tooth (yeah, yeah, I know there are some hardcore guys that still use CAR stocks, but I ain't one of them... :D ). I'd love to see someone take a stab at something a little different, maybe like the Magpul CTR, or especially the forthcoming UBR. I like what you're doing, man.

Pretty good, Brett. If I may be so bold, please don't overlook the length of the actual 6.8 mags compared to 5.56 mags. Because of the cartridge, they're a bit longer. Also, are you going to stick with the CAR stock? No offense meant, obviously, but they're gettin' a bit long in the tooth (yeah, yeah, I know there are some hardcore guys that still use CAR stocks,

Is it longer for a 30 round mag? I was just going to put 28 rounds. I do like the old CAR stock. The UBR thing looks ok, but that means more research to find good images, more modeling, more uv-ing, more texturing, more work. Plus I have to make some distinct sounds, do icons, transfer to GRAW2 crazy MP kit selection thing, maybe figure out how the flipsight works in GRAW2. Part of the reason I picked this weapon was so that I didn't have to do too much extra. Not that the actual building is that difficult, just don't have as much time these days. Mostly it depends on if I think it actually looks good though.

Thanks for the suggestions. If Grin added a back mod or stock mod, you could actually pick stocks like other attachments. Might have been cool, though mainly asthetic...or not, if they gave it stats like weight or stability.

I'll look into it, but it sounds more custom, might look good with the heavy rail though.

Is there any chance of getting the fixed m16 style stock on there?

I may do two versions(or three with a UBR stock and short rail). One thing I noticed from looking at the limited number of "real" M468 photos is that the M16 stock versions have a longer rail. The M4 style versions(like the one I made) have a shorter rail/barrel. So, I'm not exactly sure what's up with that. Are there multiple versions out there? Or did they settle on the longer one? Haven't found many accurate photos, just a lot of fake looking AR15 mock ups.

Is there any chance of getting the fixed m16 style stock on there?

I may do two versions(or three with a UBR stock and short rail). One thing I noticed from looking at the limited number of "real" M468 photos is that the M16 stock versions have a longer rail. The M4 style versions(like the one I made) have a shorter rail/barrel. So, I'm not exactly sure what's up with that. Are there multiple versions out there? Or did they settle on the longer one? Haven't found many accurate photos, just a lot of fake looking AR15 mock ups.

There are two versions of the M468, Brett- A 16.5" barrel mid-length gas system (basically the civilian version, though there are select-fire recievers with that upper mated to it) and a 10 or 11" barrel CQB model LE and military only version with carbine gas system. The stock is pretty much interchangeable on any AR-type weapon assuming the buffer is correct for the stock being used, i.e., a carbine buffer for a telescopic stock, and rifle buffer for a A1 or A2 stock.

PS, as an addendum, check out the ARMS website for more info on the the SIRs being used on the M468.

Edited by WP33

Did some more work on the texture and basic attachments. Extended the mag a bit.

m468_graw_09_comp.jpg

Brett, looks killer. By any chance are you going to reskin the lower to the Barrett? It has the Olympic stamp on it. Not that one couldn't slap a 6.8 upper on it, but for the sake of continuity, you see. Doesn't really matter, looks great as is!

Brett, looks killer. By any chance are you going to reskin the lower to the Barrett? It has the Olympic stamp on it. Not that one couldn't slap a 6.8 upper on it, but for the sake of continuity, you see.

I actually did that, but I didn't transfer it yet. Most likely I will.

Glad you guys like it so far.

Here is some ingame footage from Graw1(easier to get things working first). Mainly just trying out some suppressed and normal sounds. You can stream it or download it. The stream is pretty compressed and the wrong aspect ratio. The download is DivX5 and fairly compressed as well, but not quite as bad. Just didn't want to have a big download. ~20megs(640x480).

In game Graw1 footage