Mission 10: The Last Stand

Anybody got any tips for the final mission? I don't know what it is about GRIN but they seem to like the last mission to be you dropped into hell and then you gotta fight your way out. The Marines are basically useless. If they're gonna give us some support, it should atleast be Rangers. But I'd prefer 3 or 4 like it was with the loyalists. The two Marines are just another thing to babysit. Anyways, I defended the US border station correctly and I'm on my way with all the useless support. I went with the M416 cause it's my fave. Should I go with something long range instead? Cause the guys at the mexican border station seem to eat Green Berets for breakfast and today they're VERY hungry!!! Thinkin bout taking hand grenades next time cause I think those would probably help me a lot. What doesn't help me though is when the rebels can see me and my guys but we can't get a shot off on them. So yeah any advice would be much appreciated.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILERS INCLUDED FOR MISSION TEN

Okay I just finished mission ten(Last Stand) and here's how I beat it. I equipped myself with the M416, Combat Sight, and Grenade launcher along with a Zeus. You don't really need to give your Rifleman Zeus launchers but I did anyways. I took Beasley, Hume and Ramirez. I equipped Hume with the M99 sniper rifle and an M8 Compact. I equipped Ramirez with the M416 with Foregrip and Combat Sight and a Zeus launcher. And I equipped Beasley with the M8 Carbine, Combat Sight and Grenade Launcher and a Zeus launcher. When we inserted, I took out the regular infantry and RPG out with my 416 and the 50 cals with my grenade launcher. Once that was secure, I had Ramirez man the 50 cal on the mound of rubble on the side of the street and had Hume and Beasley following me with the whole team on assault while I got behind cover and waited to defend the US station. Once that was secure and we had all our support, I had the Marines move up the street a bit while my team followed, still on Assault. We dropped any infantry that came up the street just with our main weapons. When you get to the first gap in the fence on the right side of the bridge, get ready with your zeus because an attack chopper comes from the right. Take aim and end his piloting career early with the Zeus. Now there's gonna be a 50 cal up ahead in the middle of the road. What I did after I took the chopper out was set my team to recon and had both them and the Marines hold position while I crawled up the bridge on the right hand side. There will be a gap in one of the cement blockers where you can snipe the gunner from. Once he was taken out, I moved up to the green car smashed through the right side of the bridge and took cover behind that. But on the roof top behind the yellow Oakley billboard, there's a sniper. Make sure you take him out. Once you do that and you're behind the red car, just drop any infantryman you see. But if you see a muzzle flash and not their body, odds are you won't be able to hit em cause they're out of range. Now after taking out any infantry, bring up your tac map and look for two 50 cals on the roof just next to where you took out that sniper behind the billboard. Take careful aim with your grenade launcher and you should be able to take em out np. Then bring it up again to spot another sniper on a rooftop on the left side of the bridge. Mark him with a WP as best as you can and take him out. Now comes the hard part. Just passed the Mexican station is a 50 cal and a Merc. Take cover behind the Yellow van and peak ur head out. Make sure you have your artillery highlighted and once you spot em, order the arty to take em out. Then there's a tank on the right side of the station. Once that's there, bring up ur tacmap and call in the fast movers(air support) on him. After that, the Mexican station should be secured. Bring up your team and order the Marines to move ahead but you'll lose command of them shortly so it doesn't really matter. Move up to the Mexican border station. You'll get a narcom announcement saying a convoy's heading ur way. It's gonna be coming from down the street to the right so set your Ghosts to Assault and have them each move behind a concrete blocker. It should take you about a minute to finish off the guys from the APC. There were some explosions that led me to believe a tank was in the area but I think they were just random mortar explosions. After that's taken care of, make your way to the rebel camp. All the guys will have diamonds on them at first. Take advantage of this and drop the snipers first. Now you're gonna see 50 cals on the tac map but the first one on the left is behind a wall and you can't see it at first. I was out of GL grenades but luckily one of the APC guys had an M416 with a grenade launcher. So I got that, and first above the first 50 cal and took him out. You might wanna get the first Rifleman before him though. The I went back around to the right side of the camp(from the back of course) and dropped the rifleman and 50 on the right. Now take out the guy on the left front side of the camp and make your way into the building you're taking cover behind. Make you're way up to the top and take out the rest of the guys across the street. I then had Beasley go to Recon and move to the left side of the camp and once he spotted the guy next to my building, I had him attack. Then you should get another NARCOM statement asking you to locate the missile. And target it for an airstrike. Go into the building across the street and you lose command of ur team(Oh hamburgers!) I took out my MP5A4(probably should've gone with the SD) and moved down, taking guys out with that along the way. All I can say about this part is be real careful and take your time no matter what the General or the LT are telling you. Even the President seems more calm about it. There are guys in the hallways and up on catwalks in the rooms so I can't stress how important it is to be careful and take things slow. Now once you're in the missile room, watch out for the barrels! I knocked one of em down the stairs and I got trapped, thinking I'd die in the blast. Now, you're gonna get a lot of NARCOM chatter about the decision making process. The General says you don't have to do this and ends it with something like "You're the finest soldier that's ever server under my command" And you gotta go downstairs, and target the missile. Now I thought I was gonna die since I was trapped by a stupid barrell. If you wanna be cool and real low-key, make sure you don't knock the barrell down when going down the stairs so you can go back and into the hallway for the countdown. It then ends with a movie of you limping out barely from the blast and guess what? You beat it!!! Yaaay!

Edited by mwgfghost

Might be a glitch or bug cause for me there was an explosion and then Mission came out, barely able to stand and then just collapsed and Rosen came up and said something like "Don't worry you're going home soldier" Then we lifted off in a helicopter and the credits started to roll. Then I got up with my popcorn and soda and exited the theater LOL.

Might be a glitch or bug cause for me there was an explosion and then Mission came out, barely able to stand and then just collapsed and Rosen came up and said something like "Don't worry you're going home soldier" Then we lifted off in a helicopter and the credits started to roll. Then I got up with my popcorn and soda and exited the theater LOL.

It should only show if you played in campaign mode. In "play mission" and Campaign Coop there is no ending as it's quite long.

It should only show if you played in campaign mode. In "play mission" and Campaign Coop there is no ending as it's quite long.

So in campaign mode its possible to reach the safe point??, ive got only a MP5 and Sniper rifle, and running all the way without turning wrong anywhere its not possible, ive tryed now 12 times and always get to within 20 meters away and then boom.

So in campaign mode its possible to reach the safe point??, ive got only a MP5 and Sniper rifle, and running all the way without turning wrong anywhere its not possible, ive tryed now 12 times and always get to within 20 meters away and then boom.

You can't get out in time if that's what you're asking.

What I said was that all the cinematics after the mission only plays in campaign mode.

I have just beaten mission 10 and the countdown ends when im 10 meters far from the ground.

I get no cinematics. Is this a bug? I don't understand what to do to get them.

Is the cinematic done with ingame engine? If not... i can watch it through BIK player.

Please, tell me what do to do to get the ending cinematic on the game. I only get the "you don't have to do this bla bla bla", mission debrief and menu again.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Clandes

This mission is just plain MEAN to the gamer. Its not challenging, its just frustrating and unfair.

You insert into a crazy LZ. I'm a perfectionist when I play games a single wounded teammate or a single wound to myself is a no-go and I have to load the game again and keep doing it until I pull it off perfectly.

The insertion, it took me more than 10 tries to pull it off without getting hit at least once myself and without any of my teammates getting hit. Really hard because They drop you in plain sight of 2 Fing 50 cal nests. Way-to-go GRIN. Most frustrating thing is, by the time all my guys hit the ground and the mission autosaves, its TOO LATE! Somebody is shot by then and if I press restart, it loads with that guy already wounded.

So In order to restart I have to restart the WHOLE thing again from scratch from the loadout screen and go through the insanely long loading screen. You cannot imagine all the profanity that kept coming out of my mouth as I was going through this painstaking process over and over again.

But wait, thats not it! The same situation repeats until the end of the mission. The enemies are just placed so unfairly. It's like the only way you could have know the guy was there is if you got shot by him previously. The bad draw distance doesn't help either. You checked the rooftops and saw nothing from far away, so you move in, just to get sniped from that same rooftop! Harry Potter sniper outta nowhere! ITS SO FRUSTRATING! Seriously, I think the level designer for this mission was like - 'Hey, since this is the last mission, it should be hard. But instead of actually adding challenging obstacles that players have to solve using good tactics, I'll just spam MG nests and uber snipers and infnatry all over this bridge so the player will have to quick save and quick load hundreds until he has to memorize all the enemies to get through all this!'

Oh and the quicksave doesn't work after you clear the US border station. So every time you die after that you have to load from there. Such a drag. Kill the 2 guys, kill the jeep, move up, kill more guys, kill the chopper, drop arty, kill sniper under car billboard, kill MG nests, clear out border station. I did it so much I can even replay the damn thing in my head.

GOD I HATE THIS MISSION! The game was greay but this last mission is leaving a VERY sour aftertaste.

The insertion, it took me more than 10 tries to pull it off without getting hit at least once myself and without any of my teammates getting hit. Really hard because They drop you in plain sight of 2 Fing 50 cal nests.

It was worse at one time... All mexicans (this was before the 50 cals where added) where shooting at the helo from the start of the cinematic, which sometimes ended with you having 1 team member and 0 Blackhawk gunners when you where about to exit the helicopter. :P It worked well with the "the gunfire is just a welcome" NarCom though. hehe.

Next step had most hostiles holding fire like it is now. The 3 50 cal where added now and the RPG on the roof. When the Blackhawk left EVERYTHING opened fire on you while the team was still behind the buses. The RPG usually sent the bus jumping and it really felt like you where inserted in a hot zone. :devil: I loved this, but it was crazy hard even in Campaign Coop.

So now I think it's quite easy. Once you've inserted it's usually calm. As long as you equipped an silenced MSG90 or M14, you can take out the entire US side alone without then firing 1 shoot. It's actually really easy on hardcore. Just sneak and look around corners. Take one out, move out a little more, look, take out, move, look, take out...

man, im so ######! :wall::o=

i made it to the us-side of the borader and cleared it. shot the helo by ordering ramirez to use his zeus. now im trying to make my way to the mexican side. but when i get near it im getting shot from beyond the "fog of war" with 50cals. took out the sniper and the first 50cal and still get dropped from enemy fire. i cant tell how much ive seen the "game over"-screen by now. man im ######!

and if thats not enough the mortars of the mexican start firing on me....the arti and the air-support are useless at that time, because i cant scroll the tac-map far enough.

this is one hell of an unfair mission.... :nono:

trying again tomorrow....for today im done with mission 10.

Edited by Brainman2k

mmm I still don't understand how to get the final video... can someone reply me? I get the "i cant ask you to do this scott..." (only) and mission debrief. I'm even able to get pass the warehouse, but the safe point seems to be 2 meters above of my head

Edited by Clandes

The insertion in the beginning of this mission is just plain stupid. Like Zoot said I wind up most of the time with losing my team mates cause they drop right in line of fire of that 50 cal. They even get shot coming down the ropes! Then it autosaves. :wall: What the hell is that guy with the gattling gun in your chopper actually shooting before they drop you? Ain't he supposed to give ya covering fire? I'm in my 15th attempt here to land and survive with my team and still no further than the first 3 seconds of that mission. Cause of the autosave I have to go back to the intel menu and watch that ingame video again and again and again and again (cause you can't skip it). :o

Edited by IRU_The_Donk

YES! I beat the mission with a S rating.

I have a question - spoilers-

Does Mitchell die in the end? Is there a way to acually make it to the safe zone in time? If you do, do you get an alternate ending?

i finally made it through mission 10!

did it lone wolf style all by myself with a sniper-rifle, a mp5 and a zeus. i sniped all the infantry while sneaking up on them on the left track of the bridge all along till i reached the bus. from there i ordered a artillery strike on the rooftops where the two 50cals were sitting like ducks. then a airstrike on the tank...piece of cake! why didnt it went this was the first time i played the mission?

anyways, the rest of the mission is like a walk in the park....

only got an "a" rating by the way... <_<

As far as your team getting killed on insert, what I did was immediately position them behind the bus on your left. This seamed to keep them out of trouble.

The rest of the mission however...

This was the most bugged out mission of all. After taking back the U.S. side I decided to bring my team inside the building to protect them from the arty and the counter attack. Probably not necessary but hey these guys aren't quite perfect. Once I take out the counter attack I tried to move my team out and one guy would stay in the building even when using the Tac Map. On the first attempt #2 would get stuck. On the second attempt #3 would get stuck...and so on. I was finally able to move them after returning to their position and moving them 5 feet at a time to get them out the door and then they were fine. The Marines were another story. They would not take the "move" command, only the "follow" command. I tried using the Tac Map but still they would not budge, just follow. So I leave them behind and clear out the Mexican side of the bridge. That's when I get a message like " get ready for troops approaching from the SE. There was no one there. They were all at the W. That's when I notice the blue diamonds (Marines) on the bridge decide to come over but now I don't have control over them. :rolleyes: After that everything went smoothly now that 3/4 of the mission is over. :wall:

For the most part the single player was a blast if only for the last mission. Multiplayer is quite another story.

i just lone-wolfed it :P, m99 sniper, zeus and m9 pistol. Cleared out everyone on hardcore until i had to defend the post. then switched the empty m99 with a scar L which apparently the rebels were using. it was easy though, and yeah it was crazy hard trying to play it with the entire team, they ended up dying on me

Just got to this mission tonight.

First 10 seconds and one of my men are killed and I'm wounded each time.

I can already see this level as not being much fun or tactical, more along the lines of luck and many save loads.

Think they'll patch this level and make it fun or should I slug my way through it? I'm in no hurry to finish the game.

The last mission is simply frustrating, cause most of the time you or your team get shot by some rebel or merc just out of sight. Move a few inches forward and suddenly they pop up! Still not across that bridge. Will try all the hints you guys gave me.

Sorry GRIN, I love GRAW2 and love every mission you've made, but this one isn't much fun. This one defenitely needs some patching.