First weapon model

swartsz

There are a thousand different ways to config a member of the m16/m4 family. Pretty much any setup you can dream up can be done IRL. Like I said earlier, just model it the way you want it. All modelers (my modding newbie self included) like to think they are weapons experts. ;)

after totally messing up my first model, i have started on a 2nd model, here are some first pictures of it.

1gun.jpg

2gun.jpg

please tell me what you think and if there is anything you would like to see changed, please tell me.

Please remember it isn't finished! ;)

Edited by swartsz

The second model looks 100x better. :) Very nice.

I suggest a different background (A neutral gray or soemthing).

Also, I'd make the trigger thinner than the gun, and maybe thin the gun up a litttle bit.

Other than that... very very nice. :)

NP. :)

Also, theForegrip looks rather flat from this angle. I think it should be more cylindrical.

Taking a second look, it is flat. Make it round. Use either an 11 Sided cylinder or an N-Gon. It works wonderfully. :)

Geez Louise Swartz!!! :o:o

Wow thats good. And its your first model?

Uh-ohhhhhhhh.....................

I am afraid to ask what is the polygon count? It looks so pretty that it makes me think that the polygon count might be a bit too high. Maybe its too good to be true?? :huh:

Whats the count? If it is hight dont fret. We can always give you tips on how to lower it. But let us know. It probably is that good and the poly count is decent.

Let us know?

made some changes after receiving tips from Ruin, here it is:

3gun.jpg

@Stalker, the poly count is 1532 at the moment, and you must be joking about donating it for GRCM, do you mean it? my heart is pounding right now, my second model and you want it for GRCM, wow :D

Edited by swartsz

Sure I mean it! And what was wrong with your first model? It looked cool as well. Hey guys? What is the unofficial limit on polygons for a rifle? 1000? 1500? Can you guys give swartz some tips?

Swartz.......did you optimize the model yet? Like......did you remove any unseen faces yet?

When your done with it yeah please donate it man! If you need help with exporting it and getting it into ghost recon then go to www.piggyson.com . He has good tutorials on exporting.

Or just ask any of us. We would be glad to help. :)

no i haven't optimized it yet, that is the next episode of Pain's tutorial videos.

the first model, well i destroyed it completely, was trying to edit some things on it without saving it, yes i know, that was a stupid thing to do, but it is gone now.

Stalker, will let you know when i am ready with it, i will be my honour to donate it and be in the same mod as some of the greatest. :D

Looking much better. :)

I'd completely change the foregrip, if you look closely you can see that it's round... but it's not noticable in any other way. If it were me, I'd go ahead and use a cylinder or something.. because as it is now, there are corners... unless that's the way it is on that particular gun. I'm no buff, but that would be my assumption. Make it round. :hehe:

Texturing is spectacular, and the trigger is very nice. It looks real.