First weapon model

swartsz

Swartz; the indentation, better known as the "Step-Cut" is on the barrel of the M4/M4A1 to aid the use of adding a M203 grenade launcher. It's one of the more destingushing figures of the M4 carbine series, and can be used to identify if the model is a genuine M4/copy, or the newer C8/C8A1 Canadian versions (Which have been reportedly geting use by British SOF as of late).

Looking very nice. How does the adjustable butt stock fit into the shoulder of the actors? Might need a little extending if there's a gap between the 2. Very impressive modeling for someone who has just started out.

havent tested it ingame yet, there are some little things i want to change first before i export it, but i will be working on it the entire weekend so i want to try and get it finished by monday. thinking about releasing the models as a little 'silent warrior' mod. it will contain these models:

render6.jpg

render4.jpg

the last one will need some work, but will be very similar to the one displayed on Nishi's website.

also been trying to get some camo-paint on the weapons, but that is harder than i thought it would be.

On the contrary swartsz, it's very easy. :)

If you contect me via MSN, ICQ or AIM, I can hlpe ya out with that. I'd do it publicly, but I have a tutorial near completetion, so there'll be reference on it within the coming weeks.

@ Ruin, tnx for the offer, but Whisper_44 volunteered to do the camo for the weapons, just saw a preview of the camo and it is looking very impressive.

but i will be looking forward to your tutorial, so i can make the camo myself in the future. :D

Edited by swartsz

AAHHH yes Vegas, see he WardenMac and I were spost to play online this weekend, u know what was gonna happen, i was gonna school me both, then plans just "show" up, lol, u guys lucked out this time, btw, looks muchas better swartsz, keep up the good work :D

Swartsz, do you have nay angled renders? So we can see the 3D element of the model?

here you go:

render7.jpg

**just noticed, i need to move the trigger guard a bit :D**

plus a little mod update: i will keep the name 'Silent Warrior' and it will feature the 2 guns as you can see them in these pics and a camo version of each weapon.

Edited by swartsz

thanks Ruin, pretty excited about it myself! :D plus i want to thank all of you guys for all the great support you are giving me. i really think that is one of the reasons Ghost Recon is such a great game, the community around it.

:D

Edited by swartsz

It's looking better man. One point I wanted to make was that, It might be better to focus more attention on the main parts of the weapon, and put more detail in them (For instance, cutting out the rear sight) instead of a addon like the suppressor (Which there seems to be a good amount of polys spent on).

@Piccolo, you are right about the polys spent on the silencer, but i think i can still do some things to reduce the polycount. and i have been thinking about cutting out the rear sight but couldn't come up with a way to do it, do you have some tips for me??

Edited by swartsz

a little update from me on this sunday night, haven't gotten much work done this weekend because i am not feeling too well at the moment. but i did work a bit on the silencer and managed to get the polycount of the silencer down a bit.

all that has to done in the coming week is to cut out the sights ( if there is anybody who knows how to do this, please let me know because i haven't got a clue ), to optimize the models and to apply the camo-textures Whisper_44 is making.

swrender.jpg