First weapon model

swartsz

small scale.... then use the median filter. It looks like the camo was spray-painted on.

That's what I did on the one I sent you swartz, I do think it comes down to personal preference though, as far as the scale of the camo, but for effect, the VL Plugin and the Noise/Median Filter make a great combo.

well i have been doing some camo with the median filter, didn't think of the combo, will give it a try. maybe for a desert version? :D

Yes.. apply the VL camo first, get it looking how you want, then use the median filter as one of the last touches..

I'll throw a desert m4 together when I get home, or maybe just send you something I already have.

Edited by Whisper_44

cool :D , i doing some research on the desert camo right now to get the most accurate feel to the camo texture, am looking at some very cool pictures over at militaryphotos.net :D

will post a screenshot of desert version later today

Edited by swartsz

a couple of questions: what is the best way ( and fastest ) to release my mod? should i submit it to Fileplanet or should i go elsewhere?

How can i submit the mod to GR.net?

@Swartsz, send a link to your mod to Rocky, he'll get up a news post and submit it to FilePlanet

As for the desert, I have the combos in RGB for the colors for 3-color desert if you need them.

Here's what I came up with in about 2-min...

swrender.jpg

For some reason it's really rough quality. Don't know why, but you get the idea. :)

The median filter doesn't work too well with the VDL plugin, but works wonders with pictures you can find on the net.

tnx Ruin, i will send Rocky the link as soon as i get word from Whisper_44.

The median filter doesn't work too well with the VDL plugin

i know, having trying but the result s**ks. getting some better results with just the VDL plugin, i am currently playing with different colors to get the best result. will keep you guys informed.

plus another quick question, the mod is just under 300 Kb, is it worth it to make it a .exe file or should i just leave it as a .zip file.

Edited by swartsz

i dont know if its me but the camo just looks goofy... i dont know :huh:

Yeah, it needs better work. That was a quick thing I put together.

@Swartsz, might as well make it an EXE. Makes it easier on people.

i have talked to Rocky and he is going to put the link on the newspage tomorrow, so for the meantime i have made a temporary page where you can download my mod. this page is only intended for today and as soon as Rocky posts it on the newspage i will remove it.

you can download it from: *link removed, check page 12 of this thread for the new link*

enjoy :D

Edited by swartsz

Swartsz, give yourself a pat on the back. Nice sizing to the weapon, good hand placement, stock firm up into the shoulder. I like both versions of the weapon as well, also the carry handle look is appreciated. The download was small and quick.

a little update: i will be removing the temporary download page later today. i hope Rocky will still post on the News page, here at GR.net. otherwise i will submit it to Fileplanet myself and make a new post with a little message i have released the guns.

Plus i have decided to do a bigger mod, which will feature these two weapons with lots more of goodies. :D

Edited by swartsz

WOW! i really like it. it's simple, and elegant. 2 quality weaps. good work Swartz and everyone who helped! :)

how 'bout adding an aimpoint red dot sight on top of the carry handle? that would be really sweet... :rolleyes:

thanks JTF-2 for your kind words, i am glad you like it, spread the word!! :D

i am thinking of adding all kinds of goodies to the weapons, and off course to make more!! :D

currently doing some research for the big mod and still trying to get the desert camopaint just right.

Edited by swartsz

@ Rocky, just saw the kind words you have written on the newspage, thank you very much, it is a big compliment for a beginning modder like me! :D

Edited by swartsz

Hey swartz, I downloaded it and checked it out and it's good looking. The only minor thing that detracts from it is the end on the suppressor. What you can do is take a bit of the suppressor texture, and make a black hole on it. Then when you go back to the model, click on the suppressor, switch to Wireframe view (best way), then click on Edit Mesh. When the panel comes up click on Polygon, then select that portion of the end. Then apply the end cap texture to that spot, then viola, complete.

Swartsz,

I just downloaded your MOD and was playing around with it. I noticed that you have no kit icon files. If you want I could make some real quick and send them to you for inclusion in your MOD. Great weapons models, outstanding work! :rocky:

Edited by Thumper1518