UKSF Mod

great Tinker! This means I have to rev up on the Training mission for Brown Ivan...got ya shooting rear view mirrors off with a 50 as well as other things for that and the Milan....will add more for sure...

mig :ph34r:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

I have a load of re-textured maps here from CMH, that really look great playing. I see no maps or missions were released with the original release.

Just for info:

There will be 5 missions from trenchsoilder and militiaman, I will not be altering the scripts in anyway, and full credits go to them.

There are a few other missions included for extras.

I`ll add everything needed to all the maps, for all modes and so.

Some additional actors and kits are required.

Maybe another 200-300 MB file, maybe better as a add on mod?

Tinker

;)

As far as I am aware, there are quiet a few mods out there in the same position. They have been worked on by a group of people, over time, the people move on to other things or RL takes over. Thus leaving 1 man to try and finish off what has been made so far.

Problem with this mod is that all the missions have been made by others using different variety of mods. Even though in Igor it clearly points to actor A, and in the actor and character folders, it clearly shows actor A, Actor A was selected from a diffrent source to actor A we are left with here. To correct actor A, only way is working for me, is to remove actor A in Igor, then re-select actor A from my folders. If that makes any sense, feel free to enlighten me too?

Tinker

:shifty:

a long and tedious process over 5 missions for sure, thanks for taking the time and putting out the effort to correct that Tinker. :yes:

Another problem has been that while some may have come and gone its also true that CMH has depended upon me to try and manage the missions part as well as script one or a few, yet I keep ending up messing around with that other mod I've been involved in and that he too has been involved in...hopefully I can get the trainer portion of Brown Ivan done sooner than later and try and get a mission for it too...I've been working on it this past week while also having to clean up a few other missions I did and make map shots/briefing boxes for 16 missions in the other mod...

As far as I am aware, there are quiet a few mods out there in the same position. They have been worked on by a group of people, over time, the people move on to other things or RL takes over. Thus leaving 1 man to try and finish off what has been made so far.

What does that remind me of?

It`s a sad and unusual day indeed!

This morning i checked all missions worked. 1 mission started CTD each at random when moving onto the briefing screen. Could not find a single issue. Suddenly a second mission started this little trend too! I made them all available for multiplayer and was able to start each and every mission constantly with no issue? :wacko:

So SP as you press the forward button to the breifing screen now has 2 missions CTD!

If that is not enough, my GR is now somwhow corrupt and will not even start if i select Multiplayer. I`ve moved all mods out except for GR/DS/IT but no use. I have not touched them at all throughout. Leaving me with no choice but re-install GR. :wall:

Tinker

:hmm:

:rofl:

I think they dropped IGOR, because they realized it had a brain, and fights back whenever it pleases! :(

But TBH, missions are all good in MP. Everything is perfect for SP. The random characters that are available possible? But the other 3 missions would also have an issue! :shifty: I can only recommend, with permission, i re-make the missions, and try again. Otherwise, no ideas here. Replaced every character, vehicle, fixed gun, kit, with a known working version, same issue. I suspect the mission file has some former memory.

Open to suggestions, otherwise on hold.

Tinker

I think this mod is cursed (or perhaps I am). Feel free to develop it or drop it as you see fit - though there are a lot of nice new British vehicles appearing at the moment and the modified maps to play around with!

As for me, my modding days are over so a final farewell to you all and a huge thanks to all who've helped and inspired me and to all who made the GR modding community what it was.

All the best

Callmehobbes :D

The mod has had it's difficulties for sure, but we're gonna be diminished for sure without your input CMH!

Take care and thanks for all you have contributed! Hope you will come back and do some more someday...

:o Thats sad to hear CMH, But not unexpected the way thinks have been going around here of late :(

Thanks for all you have given the community :thumbsup: and i wish you good luck m8.

Im sure Tinker will be able to sort out the missions :yes: and maybe some of those new Vehicles mite see the lite of day :whistle:

This is truely saddening news indeed. Damn 'virus' picked another one off. Picture this fellow GR.netters:

'Imagine a 'virus' that lives in the air that you breathe, in the air everyone breathes, everywhere, everywhere on the planet earth. The 'virus' infects your mind, it makes you want things - things to own, things to consume. The more you own & consume, the more you want.

You don't have to imagine this 'virus', it's all around you, inside you, telling you lies, infecting your mind. This 'virus' will harm you. Without a cure it will kill you. Fortunately, it does have a cure. My cure began when I left the GR modding scene'

That's how it is for those of us that have left the scene. I understand your reasons for leaving CMH, those of us that left before you have all been there. Just want to say again that you have my support mate, whatever path you now choose to walk. Massive thanks for all you have done for the community - without your work, I would have never been able to start DANFOR.

Edited by WytchDokta

I am actually unable to fix 2 of those missions for SP only(Work fine MP). If anyone with SP campaign experience would like to help out, pls contact me.

Sad to see CMH go also.

Maybe i can release all the great maps that have been re-skinned in the meantime?

Tinker

:)

I am actually unable to fix 2 of those missions for SP only(Work fine MP). If anyone with SP campaign experience would like to help out, pls contact me.

Sad to see CMH go also.

Maybe i can release all the great maps that have been re-skinned in the meantime?

Tinker

Hi,

Feel free to release/use the maps that I produced. Thanks for the kind words and good luck to all.

Sad to see CMH go also.

Tinker

Hi,

Feel free to release/use the maps that I produced. Thanks for the kind words and good luck to all.

Late to the party as usual, me, but gutted to see you go, CMH. *Many thanks* for everything you've done for us all... don't be a stranger even if you're not modding any more. [GR] will call you back!!

Theo

UKSF Re-textured Map

We`ll make a start here with all the maps CMH has sent! These are fantistic, not to be missed out on, and highly suit the Mod in general.

Polling Center

Mountain Stronghold

December

Ghost Town

Desert Caves

Stronghold

Battlefield

Mountain

Vilinus

This Zip file contains a Folder named map-breifing-commands

There are 3 folders inside, (Map / CommandMaps / Briefings) that simply want dropping into your UKSF Mod folder. Then you can delete the map-briefing-commands folder.

Still no luck with 2 of the missions CMH had planned, in SP anyhow. Not too sure what to do just yet, but most of the missions, in 1 way or another will be released very soon. We`ll get there somehow!

Zip size: 56MB

Un-zipped: 166MB

UKSF MAP PK

Tinker

:thumbsup: