New Mod

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jason, but a question arises about the AI coding.. is it just an "overall" hose everything, enemy and friendly alike? I downloaded 2.0 and thankfully the threat/pressure was back, but your original mod had great fire control on the friendly side, bursts instead of emptying out the magazines at one contact, thereby not hitting anything, or how does that go about?

Thanks Jason, but a question arises about the AI coding.. is it just an "overall" hose everything, enemy and friendly alike? I downloaded 2.0 and thankfully the threat/pressure was back, but your original mod had great fire control on the friendly side, bursts instead of emptying out the magazines at one contact, thereby not hitting anything, or how does that go about?

haha.

Eric. As you can imagine its near impossible to please everyone. The minute I do one thing someone says/asks/ suggest I do another. The friendly AI before was offensive/defensive they basically were on defense until an order was given and they only did what they had to. And the enemy AI was referred to as being "retarded"... so I was asked to toughen it up... give it action back. SO..then I made the beta hard mod. Thats the American way isn't ? Fire enough bullets and eventually you'll hit something ? Just joking of course. But seriously, I had it like this in the Beta hard mod and people like it for about ten minutes or so... matter of fact they downright love it. Then its so hard they get ###### off and frustrated and tell me I need to tame it down. I tame it down... the main fire action being surpressive of course. Then I make Jasons Mod 2.0 kinda part way between both but still keeping friendly AI surpressive becuase the AI's difficulty enough it fits the balance. I personally think I hit the nail right on the head with this one. But not even so much as an hour after releasing this I already started to hear groans and moans becuase I tamed it down too much.

SO............................. thats why I left all them up on my site. If you want a normal- hard game delete my AI files and run it default AI. If you want enhanced friendly where you run all over the enemy download Jasons Mod.... if you want a super badass game thats practically like being in a real fire fight.... so real to the fact that in certain situations you dont even have a chance download jasons beat hard mod. If you want a basically another difficutly level thats one notch higher than the game has already such as Easy, Normal, Hard, Extra Hard then download Jasons Mod 2.0 . And I have decided to start busting up my mods and having smaller sections available for download. In the end surely through all that mess somewhere in some combination you'll find the AI settings that are right for you.

By the way,.. I didn't know my mod was up on Ghostaholics... thats awesome. Thanks to whoever passed that along.

Take it easy.

Hey man, wasn't knocking your mod... I understand the situation as I've done some stuff for VBS1 and a few others, so pleasing everybody is near impossible given a relative community size. So I just was curious if that's the case, not saying you're jacked up, just seeing about if it was possible of adjusting the fire rate. If it's not able to do man, cool, so relax brother, and I'll deal with it okay? :thumbsup:

Hey man, wasn't knocking your mod... I understand the situation as I've done some stuff for VBS1 and a few others, so pleasing everybody is near impossible given a relative community size. So I just was curious if that's the case, not saying you're jacked up, just seeing about if it was possible of adjusting the fire rate. If it's not able to do man, cool, so relax brother, and I'll deal with it okay? :thumbsup:

oh its definately changable

go into SB templates.... and the files... one is the ghost ai, and i cant remember what the other is off hand but theres only a few in there to begin with. your looking for a section that has rate of fire and options 0 , 1, or 2 , its on two for surpressive... change it to 0 or 1... whatever you want.

remember, two files have this in

Edited by JasonFMX

New mod I posted up on my download site. Here is a tidbit from the read me

This mod increases the awareness, accuracy, mobility, agility, and aggressivness of BOTH the friendly and enemy AI.

tips:

- your going to have to change the entire way you play this game altogether. It will be nothing like it was before.

- Changing difficulty settings from easy, normal, hard do not seem to effect actually making the game easier or harder

it just seems to allow you to be shot more times before you die. For example, you'll take more hits on easy and on hard

there are more one-shot kills

- For your first time playing you may want to put it on easy and go to Ghostaholics and download the health mod to go along with this

BECAUSE THIS MOD IS FREAKING HARD !!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER !!!!!!!!!!! :

Make sure you back up all files and save them before performing this installation. If you merge this with another mod

I can not ensure that the two mods will not conflict or be partially overwritten or that any other problem may or may not

come up. You do all of this at your own risk.

Enjoy !

Edited by JasonFMX

Cool.. Oh yeah, I used the older one for the Ghosts and it worked as it should, so I'm happy now :D

And now that I read how you did that, I found it and trying Defensive, but we'll see how that goes..

Edited by EricJ

Cool.. Oh yeah, I used the older one for the Ghosts and it worked as it should, so I'm happy now :D

And now that I read how you did that, I found it and trying Defensive, but we'll see how that goes..

yeah let me know of your results.

obviously thats not all I did but that will keep them from firing off all their rounds. Doing thse AI mods were the most time consuming out of anything. it makes doing weapons looking a walk in teh park. Its like you have to go read through those huge files... then restart the game, reload the mission which takes for ever and get to whatever part in teh mission where you need in order to test it..... its crazy. I changed so many things my eyes went crossed a few days. Or I was looking at original files and comparing them to mine and forget which one was mine and which was the original...lol ......... oh man.

but being their ....... compitence is turned up.... if you made them purely defensive it should be interesting to see how they react. But I'm sure you how you can understand how its more "fun" to have them surpressive.... bullets everywhere. action packed fun ! haha

yeah let me know of your results.

obviously thats not all I did but that will keep them from firing off all their rounds. Doing thse AI mods were the most time consuming out of anything. it makes doing weapons looking a walk in teh park. Its like you have to go read through those huge files... then restart the game, reload the mission which takes for ever and get to whatever part in teh mission where you need in order to test it..... its crazy. I changed so many things my eyes went crossed a few days. Or I was looking at original files and comparing them to mine and forget which one was mine and which was the original...lol ......... oh man.

but being their ....... compitence is turned up.... if you made them purely defensive it should be interesting to see how they react. But I'm sure you how you can understand how its more "fun" to have them surpressive.... bullets everywhere. action packed fun ! haha

Nah man, if they're hosing rounds means they're not hitting anything and bullet ridden fun gets old kinda quick ("Captain, I have to reload"), especially since I get plugged, I'm in the Orange. They get shot, they're in the green. Plus I managed to improve the skill of the Ghosts, so they noticeably shoot better + Defensive, which works fine actually... which brings up another question, player health, how do you try and tweak that? Overall it works great for the Ghosts, just now trying to improve the player health area, but I think I found that area, just again, have to (no pun intended) give it a shot. Plus on another note, found out that the player/Ghost/I Want to say overall carrying capability is 15 kg, so you're looking at... roughly 30-40 pounds(?) of carrying capability, which overall, is pretty realistic IMHO even for an SF soldier, and given the small amount of weaponry anyways, I don't see why people complain so much.

Also I tend to use VIP2 is Down as a good test mission, it's got quick initial balls to the wall firefight, then after that it slackens down to pure tactical movement. The grenade launching capability for the Ghosts has just kept me happy in some cases :D

Oh yeah, check out Units/Beings/Player_data.xml...

The player as a whole has 8 points hit damage. While your teammates, get 24. Okay, for common sense sake, the player should of course have some more tactical sense than a bunch of bots... but uh, why should the player have less damage points? Balance of course, you get damaged easier and therefore, think harder. More points and well you know, people start running around not using tactical sense. Dunno but it's kinda like "wait a minute..., the AI has no such thing as tactical sense" unless modded, so I bumped it to 24. I figure that's fair since heck, I should be wearing the same armor right?. But thinking about it, they're not that bright in the first place, so naturally they should be more armored tan literally every "human" being in the game. However what's odd is that your typical Mexican soldier has on average of 8, a typical guerrilla, 4. Mex SF has a value of 4... odd. So yeah okay that balances it out, but then again you can always increase it to make it more of a challenge/balance if you will. Want to make a Hard mode? Give the soldiers like 100 points, and you'd be spending all day just to knock out one soldier, and you know they don't walk alone, then it's just a Barret fest but that's a hypothetical number.

Though I never bothered with the "Found God mode" thread, the ability to change to God Mode is possible, just of course change it to "True"

Edited by EricJ

The player as a whole has 8 points hit damage. While your teammates, get 24. Okay, for common sense sake, the player should of course have some more tactical sense than a bunch of bots... but uh, why should the player have less damage points? Balance of course, you get damaged easier and therefore, think harder. More points and well you know, people start running around not using tactical sense. Dunno but it's kinda like "wait a minute..., the AI has no such thing as tactical sense" unless modded, so I bumped it to 24. I figure that's fair.

Though I never bothered with the "Found God mode" thread, the ability to change to God Mode is possible, just of course change it to "True"

go to ghostaholics and download the healthmod.. it does about what you did, its just one beings folder that goes in the units folder.

ive never had a problem with the ghosts doing what i tell them to when i give the orders to attack and kill. if i get the ghosts killed its usually my fault for giving bad orders.

as far as carrying weight goes, just lower the weights of the items you wish to carry. i know guys who put the assult rifels in secondary, so they can take an M99, assult rifle with nades and a zeus. kinda made it Xbox style

The player as a whole has 8 points hit damage. While your teammates, get 24. Okay, for common sense sake, the player should of course have some more tactical sense than a bunch of bots... but uh, why should the player have less damage points? Balance of course, you get damaged easier and therefore, think harder. More points and well you know, people start running around not using tactical sense. Dunno but it's kinda like "wait a minute..., the AI has no such thing as tactical sense" unless modded, so I bumped it to 24. I figure that's fair.

go to ghostaholics and download the healthmod.. it does about what you did, its just one beings folder that goes in the units folder.

ive never had a problem with the ghosts doing what i tell them to when i give the orders to attack and kill. if i get the ghosts killed its usually my fault for giving bad orders.

as far as carrying weight goes, just lower the weights of the items you wish to carry. i know guys who put the assult rifels in secondary, so they can take an M99, assult rifle with nades and a zeus. kinda made it Xbox style

I already got that stuff taken care of man, though I don't touch the weapon weights, they're fine enough :thumbsup:

decided to start the campaign over with your mod, but the 1st mission will not load now and I get this error mesage:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.21

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(-1): cant find member: deathcam_manager in type <Statsblock:global>

SCRIPT STACK

data\levels\mission01\mission01.dsf(0)

disregard, installed the mod and all is good.

Edited by DayGlow

does this do anything to the Multiplayer of GRAW? Does it screw it up/make it unplayable? the fear of that is the only thing keeping me from trying this out.

single player and coop ... no..... adversarial such as TDM, DM. Dom, HH... yes. The mod must be taken out to play this.

Not to worry, its extremely easy. Open folder Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter > right click and send short cut of Local folder to desktop.

All you gotta do from then on is open the folder up and drag it out. takes literally five seconds. Make sure your context XML file in the main GRAW folder reads Jasonsmod2.0 and leave it like that. When the mod folder is in the Local it will read the mod. when you drag it out it cant find the mod folder and refers to default (most likely english folder). So you dont ever have to touch the context file again.

• 1 month later...

I think it would look better if you used a blackended version of the M99 for your M24...

the blackened SCAR-L just doesnt anything like the m24...

but then again, there are alot of other sniper/sharpshooter rifles out there that look alot like the SCAR-L and -H...

in fact i think there is even a sniper version of the SCAR...

that would be a nice addon IMHO...

other than that, great mod! (although i made the overhead map black and white again... couldnt see anything because of all the shadows)

EDIT: i think i found a bug btw... When youre supposed to blow up those bunkers with C4, when using your mod nothing happens when i press X to place the C4 (yes, im in the right spot and it sais "press X to place C4")... but when i play the same mission without your mod it works just fine... might want to check into that...

Edited by Oddball_E8

I have installed this mod and it seems to work fine. I only have one problem, i can't issue orders using the quick-issue middle mouse button. I can scroll between ghosts, i just can't give them any orders. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it so i can run the mod the way its meant to be played?

I have installed this mod and it seems to work fine. I only have one problem, i can't issue orders using the quick-issue middle mouse button. I can scroll between ghosts, i just can't give them any orders. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it so i can run the mod the way its meant to be played?

umm.... well i think thats the same problem I had long ago before the patches came out. I had to reinstall the game... its just a bug. Its not the mod.

oh and to oddball. the C4 thing is just on your computer... never happened to anyone else before. And yes there are other versions of the scar in other variants... but i wanted something with more power, see if i used the scar L SV then it would only have a damage of 2... i want a one shot one kill weapon. a M24 is a high power rifle, it only takes 1 shot.

Cheers Jason,

I got it working by installing the 1.21 patch. I only have one more question. Is there a way i can change the tactical map back to the original colour? I like the colour cameras for the ghosts but i can't see much on the tactical map on daker levels or shaded areas. Makes it hard to spot people. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

El

Cheers Jason,

I got it working by installing the 1.21 patch. I only have one more question. Is there a way i can change the tactical map back to the original colour? I like the colour cameras for the ghosts but i can't see much on the tactical map on daker levels or shaded areas. Makes it hard to spot people. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

El

well, it depends on how much you know about modding.

i could tell you waht file to delete but it would sacrafice other things such as the color buddy cams

Yeah, i don't really know much about modding but if you tell me which file to delete, im sure i can sort it out. I know a little about xml edditing too. Anyway, if you could tell me which one to delete it would help me a lot. Its a shame because i really like the colour tactical map and the buddy cams, but i can't see the terorists properly. Thanks,

El