Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off all, the enhanced tango AI is simply breath taking. It really will take your breath away as the tangos fire an RPG into your chopper especially in the VIP2 is Down mission...

Jason's tango AI work is exactly what GR:AW has been needing. I'm going to download this beta mod. I advise others to do the same. I played with the enhanced tango AI last night on Jason's server (on game spy). The mod worked for me as a guest even though I didn't have the modded files in my GR:AW folder.

Just a few things I noticed about the tango AI last night (8/16/2006):

- Tangos fired RPGs a lot more

- Tangos were more active and aggressive

- Tangos will attempt to frag you even if you're in cover

- Don't stay in the chopper too long in VIP2 is Down ( :rofl: )

Good stuff JasonFMX :thumbsup:

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Hi, first time here...though I've lurked for a couple of weeks. I'm fairly new to gaming. Call of Duty 2 was the only game I had played before buying this game. So really, I know nothing and deserve to be called noob.

I only go SP cos MP frightens me, frankly, and after two weeks of trying to outwit the game decided it wasn't worth it and found God Mode (I forget where I got that info but thanks.) Made things a lot easier.

Here's my problem. Since then I have downloaded Agent Smith's ROM fix, which was also great and ran pretty well. I also dl'd your mod and installed it. However, after that my Tac map was skewed with ramped-up colours, even though the brightness level was way down.

What I'd like to know is this: is there a conflict with the two mods or are they compatible?

Also, I lost god mode even though the xml still reads "true".

I ran version 1.2 with Agent Smith's mod, then installed yours and updated to 1.21. This may have been my mistake.

I have a copy of the mod folder before I applied your mod, does this help me? I renamed your folder and re-used the original. But now the sepia effect has returned. Should I just reinstall and start over? Can anyone help? What are my options?

Any and all help gratefully received and apologies for probably jumping in too fast with gaming.

Thanks.

good to hear all the info back.

Heres another thing. I play mainly COOP and my game crashed on average 4 times per session every day. Ever since I installed this mod my game has never crashed. I have also had others tell me the same thing............. weird

Edited by JasonFMX

Is it just me or is the enemy much dumber then before? I have the setting set

to hard like you recommend and they are 20 meters away and they don't see me.

I like the other stuff, is there a way to delete or modify some files maybe so the

enemy AI is the same as original game?

you have the regular mod i see

i have it adjusted that they if they aren't looking in your direction or if you arent making noise you have a chance... but when they do see you they open the heck up.

if you dont like it you can download the hard mod using the link at the beginning of this thread.... if you dont like that you can delete the global folder and all the other files EXCEPT the weapon and mod files in the SB templates folder and the group managers file in the LIB folder folder. The only problem with this is youll take a few other features with you when you delete those and i've never tested it without those files to see if its stable. right off the top of my head i know the intro skip will be deleted.

you have the regular mod i see

i have it adjusted that they if they aren't looking in your direction or if you arent making noise you have a chance... but when they do see you they open the heck up.

if you dont like it you can download the hard mod using the link at the beginning of this thread.... if you dont like that you can delete the global folder and all the other files EXCEPT the weapon and mod files in the SB templates folder and the group managers file in the LIB folder folder. The only problem with this is youll take a few other features with you when you delete those and i've never tested it without those files to see if its stable. right off the top of my head i know the intro skip will be deleted.

Thanks for the response I was wondering if I delete the files you mentioned will the friendly

AI be deleted as well? And what about the difficulty setting, does it make any difference if

I set it to hard or medium using your mod? I am thinking about using your hardcore mod

and setting the difficulty to easy or medium will that make any difference or not?

Oh, and does the hardcore mod make the original game even harder (because it was pretty

hard)?

Yeah I actually come back on here to edit my post to say the friendly AI enhancements will be changed back to normal as well. And yes... the games AI , friendly and enemy will be just like they were by default.

As far as our testing has shown there doesnt seem to be much different between easy and normal vs the Hard setting....

The reason I say use hard with the regular mod is becuase if you put it on easy or normal youll rip right through it becuase the AI will next to never notice you.... like knocking over paper cut outs. With hard it makes them more... human. Well, I shouldnt say that. What the goal here isthat its like encountering humans that aren't expecting you..... i feel the hardcore mod is just as human only its humans that ARE expecting. they KNOW your coming and are just waiting all to eagerly to fire. as soon as an inch of your helmet is poked out they open surpressive fire and they are accurate too. as well as having more deadly weapons. they charge after you.. they go places they don't normally. If you want to make it more interesting engage the checkpoints and go hide somewhere for a couple minutes. when you go to engage the area all the enemies will be in a different spot. watch them on the tac map.... its nuts.

Edited by JasonFMX

Tried the hardcore mod and that's exactly what it is: too bloody hard :o=

Seems to me like you have a 'lite' and a 'hardcore' AI, any chance you will

tweak the AI so we can play a 'medium' mod? I don't want to loose the friendly

AI by deleting files. A bit easier than the original game is what I'm thinking, the

enemy really notices you too early but in your mod they don't seem to mind when

I pass 10 meters by them. Somwhere in beetwen would be perfect.

Can't hurt to ask, right? :)

Great mod by the way :thumbsup:

Well see... thing is actually the hard mod is just right for me.... which means after a few weeks i project it will be too easy. I'm actually wanting to make the AI precognitive if its possible in this games engine just so I have another puzzle to figure out. how can i kill the enemy ai when they know where i am but i dont know where they are ?

but for "the people" ill be making another mod... techincally some of the files are already drawn up its just a matter of rebundling... testing and uploading.

just keep checking back at this thread. I'll update what i can when i can.

I just want to say that I have run the modded tango AI xml files in the GR:AW Community Mod Pack v1.5. It all worked without any problems so far. The people I played with were extremely taken back by the newly enhanced tango AI.

I tested on Easy through Hard. Even on Easy, the modded AI were pretty good. The real challenge however is using them set on Hard. All I can say is that Hard really means HARD with Jason's new tango AI. :thumbsup:

silent_op

hey this is to the last guy about deleting the files. i was just in messing with mine.. i wasnt exactly accurate with the files i told you.

in SB templates, delete everything except the inventory data.

in LIB delete group manager

but like i said,.. you will lose a few mod features and i can't ensure its stability if you delete those.

silent op.

I'm glad to hear your having a good time with it... almost everyone is finding it way too difficult. i guess thats a sign telling me i play this game too much.

Edited by JasonFMX

Well...

Just wanted to update everyone that I am still currently working on this mod. I'm just working through more of it and make less frequent updates as opposed to updating it daily which was stupid of me to begin with.

Some workings:

- Adjusting enemy AI to be somewhere between Hard and my beta version. (finding mid-way is harder than making it really hard or really easy)

- Making weapon tweaks as to how the weapons react , fire , cliprounds, extras, loadouts, etc. For instance if your carrying the M99 and someone runs ten feet in front of you you can point the barrel at them without scoping up and kill them.

- Eliminated the Desert Eagle, alot of people didn't like it for some reason. I thought people would love it.

- ADDED Glock 21c (45 caliber). Had multiple requests for this. So i gave it back its texture so its not crhome anymore and took a few rounds away and changed its sound. This also eliminates the bug with the lack of sound in full auto before. I put it in the readme file and on here but no one reads anything anymore I guess.

When I've decided that its updated ready I'll repost all changes in the readme... even though 9 out of 10 people don't read it anyway.... and of course update the posting here.

Edited by JasonFMX
- Adjusting enemy AI to be somewhere between Hard and my beta version. (finding mid-way is harder than making it really hard or really easy)

Please don't tone the tango AI down. If anything at all, keep pushing them. Your AI work has really put a great deal of new life into the stock GR:AW missions. I can't wait to see what you and other modders do when the CO-OP Map Editor comes out.

silent_op

Please don't tone the tango AI down. If anything at all, keep pushing them. Your AI work has really put a great deal of new life into the stock GR:AW missions. I can't wait to see what you and other modders do when the CO-OP Map Editor comes out.

silent_op

I feel the exact same way, but you and me seem to be the only ones in existance that like it like that.

I have no problem having it that hard when I'm playing single player but when I want to play with others in coop with this hard mod everyone's all gungho at first then they play a few games then they are upset... then a few games later arguements start.

Edited by JasonFMX

silent_op

I feel the exact same way, but you and me seem to be the only ones in existance that like it like that.

I have no problem having it that hard when I'm playing single player but when I want to play with others in coop with this hard mod everyone's all gungho at first then they play a few games then they are upset... then a few games later arguements start.

Make that 3 people! I love the hard AI, and I know some people keep comin back to the server I make to play with it cause they love it!. Your not the only 2 that like it. I know a few others that come around to play cause its "different" than the other coop servers. I have played against them sooo much, that even now hard on the unmodded graw feels like a freaking turkey shoot. that is why I keep it hard, to make me think, plan and order my squad around. If they arent to hard, you get the gunho people in the server, and its not fun. If I want a turkey shoot game, ill go get the hunting games. This bring life back to the game. Don't listen to the other people, cause they are just kids that dont want a challenge.

The updated version is here !!!

spent more tireless hours at the computer.......... again

Changes from the previous versions:

- THE SNIPER SCOPES BACK ON THE M24 !! I had to take it off and give it an enhanced aimpoint becuase the sniper scope's accuracy was off.

I didn't want to do this becuase the scope helped make it the M24 rather than looking like a rehashed scar L. The sound is changed on it also

so it will now make noise when silenced instead of being completely silent which was unrealistic.

- The enemy AI's difficulty is somwhere between "Jasons Mod" and "Jasons Beta Hard Mod". I also removed the RPG's from enemy AI.

- I got rid of the Desert Eagle, its chrome texture, and sound. I liked them but got alot of other requests, so its to a plain ole black

glock, only its a 45 caliber now. Sound is back to the glock sound. Grin did a better job texturing in this game than I did. I don't want

my mods looking like some hack job. That and I had trouble making the DE single fire only but had trouble with the sound when using full auto.

So...... its better this way. Again, I don't want my mods looking (or sounding) like a hack job.

-The saw is completely the same except I gave the saw back its original sound even though its firing heavier rounds. I didn't want to over use sounds.

- Since the M24 is basically a more stable, accurate, and slightly higher powered version of the Scar H's round I gave it the Scar H's sound. Even though

a .308 caliber weapon gives off a large BOOM I didn't want to over use the M99's sound either. When you hear the big boom you know what weapon it is.

- fixed unscoped view on M99. You cant tell me if you have a M99 and someone walks around the corner ten feet in front of you you can't point

the muzzle at them hit them? Give me a break. Did the same for the Glock.

- Gave the M99 a five round clip, but there a catch. Due to the recoil of the weapon and to respect its awesome power you can only fire a shot

every 1.5 seconds... not as fast as you can pull the trigger.

- Gave the M24 a ten round clip, no ... M24's dont even have external mags to increase but its to help balance the advantages and disadvantages of the

weapons out... plus I had alot of requests to do so. But since it is natually a bolt action weapon you can only fire a shot once every 1.5 seconds to

respect the time it takes to jack the bolt.

- Reduced recoil on weapons to be more usable. I don't know whats more accurate being I never fired an automatic weapon but the default settings almost

make some of these weapons unusable.

Edited by JasonFMX

silent_op

I have to agree I like it better too (especially since friendly AI uses nades now) but the problem is that they're less "aware" for the enemy side. It's getting kinda annoying in some cases that they're five meters away and still can't "see" the tango, though it's plainly obvious he's there. So the suggestion is give the "awareness" back while keeping it how it is, if that made any sense..

Edited by EricJ

silent_op

I have to agree I like it better too (especially since friendly AI uses nades now) but the problem is that they're less "aware" for the enemy side. It's getting kinda annoying in some cases that they're five meters away and still can't "see" the tango, though it's plainly obvious he's there. So the suggestion is give the "awareness" back while keeping it how it is, if that made any sense..

Eric,

They are referring to the beta hard mod.. if you go back to the link at the begiinning of this post youll see its in there. The AI are super aware. and I just uploaded a new version as well. so theres three of them now