Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made an update once again. Maily to the games AI. This is pretty much a few hour job, I will continue on my AI enhancements on both sides, friendly and enemy as well as my quest for the full view cross com and who knows what else.

any help is MUCH appreciated.

Its pretty much to the point now if you install this mod it will entirely change your GRAW gaming experience. Its evolved to the point that I don't even recognize it from the original mod I started with.

Enjoy everyone..... and pass it around !

OK !!

I made my last major addition to the mod and am actually satisfied to leave alone without updating it once or twice a day now. I will actually have standardly spaced out intervals between updates now

I'll continue on my search to redo the min cross from wire frame to regular view and whatever other mods may come up.

THANKS FOLKS !! please keep the feedback coming

------------------------------------------------------

This biggest change I did so far was got rid of the sniper scopes on the other rifles. they never seemed to work right at all... or at least not with the same efficiency as they are suppose to. For the scars and the M24 I just enhanced the aimpoint... whatever you put that dot on is dead... I assure you.

Edited by JasonFMX

Hey this is really a great mod but there are a few issues I've noticed.

1) Bug in desert eagle skin - It's white in color? Suggestion: Leave it as glock cos the gun still looks like a glock.

2) SWS rifle - I would think the sound shdnt be confused with that of the M99 0.50calibre's. Perhaps you could change it to the one u used for the HMG? Just a suggestion though.

3) Rag doll effects - I really like the idea that you have made the bodies throw back more forceful when being shot at, however, they seem to be flying in the wrong direction sometimes.

4) Team A.I - It's fantastic, really. Keep it up!

Hey this is really a great mod but there are a few issues I've noticed.

1) Bug in desert eagle skin - It's white in color? Suggestion: Leave it as glock cos the gun still looks like a glock.

2) SWS rifle - I would think the sound shdnt be confused with that of the M99 0.50calibre's. Perhaps you could change it to the one u used for the HMG? Just a suggestion though.

3) Rag doll effects - I really like the idea that you have made the bodies throw back more forceful when being shot at, however, they seem to be flying in the wrong direction sometimes.

4) Team A.I - It's fantastic, really. Keep it up!

1. its not a bug at all.. didnt you read the write up ?... its chromed. I think it looks cool and its is to distringuish its a different weapon other than the glock being we cant yet insert new 3D images into the game we have to change as many characteristics as possible.

2. I tried the 7.62's sound... it just didn't signify "long - distance, one - shot - one kill - type weapon" to me ... more of an annoying pop sound. Beleive me.. i want to use different sounds and I can through the game... problem is unless theres a 3rd person file for it already then we cant hear it in game.. therefore we're stuck using the ones we have. Beleive me.. my eyes............er............ ears will be open to new possibilities.

3. I never touched rag doll effects, if they are changed its either the new GRIN patch, something you didn't notice before, or something changed in my mod without my knoledge.

4. yeah... they're cool arent they ? ... they actually work !

thanks for the input, keep it coming !

1. its not a bug at all.. didnt you read the write up ?... its chromed. I think it looks cool and its is to distringuish its a different weapon other than the glock being we cant yet insert new 3D images into the game we have to change as many characteristics as possible.

you obviously hasnt seen this?;) Digi is once again one step ahead of the crowd!:)

digitaly-tcs newly imported gun from 3dsmax

you obviously hasnt seen this?;) Digi is once again one step ahead of the crowd!:)

digitaly-tcs newly imported gun from 3dsmax

No I didnt catch that yet... so many threads so hard to keep up lol

thanks for pointing that out..

I actually had a theory about putting a new image in, just like sound.. but i don't know EXACTLY how to do every step and would need to fill those blanks in with trial and error and reading and etc. I actually didnt have the time I used to make this mod... lost a few hours of sleep each night that I shouldnt have... all for a dumb game lol

I'm not worried about all about the glock, I'm fine leaving it the way it is for now. My next step is getting the cross com full color view. I just do this stuff to mess around.. I dont "need" these guns to help complete missions... I was one of the people who started the pistols only COOP missions on hard and beat them so I could care less if we had auto matic bazook launchers the rotated colors like a giant squids skin.

Actually making fancier weapons reduces play quality.. becuase you wnat to use its fancy qualities. I turned the M99 into a full auto assult rifle and actually played worse than I did than when I Sam Fisher-ed it sneaking around with a silenced M9 popping people off.

i gotta say guys. I've been passing this mod around alot lately and getting alot of feedback and some people like and disliker certain things but one thing every single person so far as has raved about is the frinedly AI improvement.. its a 100% improvment.

if you take anthing away from this mod it should be that. its like your playing a whole new game.

I honestly feel this mod should be added to the download section of this site... or at least the AI part of it.

BETA TESTING ON SUPER HARD ENEMY AI MOD

Heres the latest and greatest now. I now currently have a COOP compatable mod that has a super hard enemy AI mode. In the original mod I had already tweaked it a little to keep people on their toes and also DRASTICALLY increased the freindly AI's efficiency........ well now I recranked the enemy AI into super mode. The first three times I played it I got cut down like a stalk of corn in about thirty seconds of the mission. I had to totally rethink the way I was going to play.

Its CRAZY ! What made me do this is I finally hit rock bottom this evening with COOP and single player modes becuase I've played them so much even the hard setting was nothing anymore. I had to do something to keep interest in the play becuase I plan on playing this for a long time. Well this did it alright. I can't beleive the extreme difficulty increase.

This has all the same contents as my original only this version has super enemy AI, if you go do the original post of this thread and click on the link both the oriignal and hard mods are available for download. tell me what you think.

Edited by JasonFMX

Belated thanks on the MR-C. Is it just me or do you have to fire a nade for them to fire? I've noticed that a couple times, though then again, I have seen them launch them a couple times, so I guess whenever it decides too..

it was my pleasure.

whats this now about the MR-C ?? I'm not quite sure I exactly understand your problem but I can say that I as well as all my friends I play with have had 0 issues with firing of the MR-C.

let me know whats going on

Uhm I'd really love yto test this mod (5 shot sniper rifle) bu using a weapons mod prevents you joining online servers, or hat that been adressed yet?

Im asking again, to please make a mod interface in which you can safely activate and de-activate mods, so If you are joining a leagure/ubi-server you can easily disable a weapons mod, and not having to drag around the altered XML files. Is there a possibility to make a second xml fiel with added guns (this might be a stupid question, but I'm not familiar with modding, just know how i liked it in GR)

Keep up the good work! :)

Yeah I know what you mean man... I was explaing a few of the man wonders that is GR1 to a few people tonight how you could activate and deactivate mods at will in game. I myself dont have the ability to do that. but what I did do was put a shortcut to GRAW on my desktop and dragging the file just takes a second. Pain... but an easier pain.

Yeah I know what you mean man... I was explaing a few of the man wonders that is GR1 to a few people tonight how you could activate and deactivate mods at will in game. I myself dont have the ability to do that. but what I did do was put a shortcut to GRAW on my desktop and dragging the file just takes a second. Pain... but an easier pain.

Is it possible to make different profiles, with and without mods? GRIn please look into this, getting modactivation/disactivation working can really pull the trigger on modding!

I had a weapons mod, (scar 6.8) but uninstalled it since I play online the most of the time, and altered xml files........ gets you nowhere. Next to that I'd like to see seperate files for the original weapons and added/modded ones so you can easily get rid of bad mods (not about you Jason, but in general) In [GR] there were mods with weapons showing up white and so on.....

Forrester What I did was, and this is good if you have a big hd, is I copied my graw folder untouched and put the .exe to start the game up form that one on my desk top. Then I pased the same folder there and named it modded Graw and then did all my modding to that folder, took out the .exe that starts the game from that folder and named it modded graw. by doing that, im able to play online with other people in HH, TDM, DOM, DM from the untouched folder and play Coop with mods and everything from the modded folder. Hope that helps ya out some.

Is it possible to make different profiles, with and without mods? GRIn please look into this, getting modactivation/disactivation working can really pull the trigger on modding!

I had a weapons mod, (scar 6.8) but uninstalled it since I play online the most of the time, and altered xml files........ gets you nowhere. Next to that I'd like to see seperate files for the original weapons and added/modded ones so you can easily get rid of bad mods (not about you Jason, but in general) In [GR] there were mods with weapons showing up white and so on.....

Beleive me I understand. Not everyone is going to like what a person did. Thats why in the future if I get around to it I may break my mods up if I get time so people can install them seperate if they like. Thats why now I've made this new beta test version of the hard mod... I'm not overwriting the original.. I'm keeping both becuase everyone isn't going to like how the enemy AI is 5x harder.

it was my pleasure.

whats this now about the MR-C ?? I'm not quite sure I exactly understand your problem but I can say that I as well as all my friends I play with have had 0 issues with firing of the MR-C.

let me know whats going on

Never said anything was wrong with the MR-C, was that a thanks for hopefully making it a secondary weapon.

Titus1964 here

Loved the improved AI. This changes the overall experience.

I think it would be nice to vary the skills of the AI. So dumbs. Some incredibly sharp.

This could be very interesting on night mission (Mayday!Mayday!) where all the AI should not be able to see you 100 meters away.

Also can you make an extended clip of the M9?

See you in game