[will a ATI Radeon 9250 work with GRAW ?]

Should an ATI Radeon 9250 work with GRAW?

I just bought it and I don't want to open it until I know it will work with this game?

Thanks for all the help.

on the box it is said,

None compatible card: Ati 9200 and card "lower" to Ati 9500

So it might work... but i would not take that chance, anyway even with an ATI 9800 pro, thats already lagging bad, can't imagine a 9200, that would be horrible :wall:

Edited by Attila

Is there a good PCI graphics card under $200 that will run this game?

Any suggestions?

i think ati X800, might be arround that price, even lower if you check on ebay... People seem to say that graw work ok with that, but i think you won't get super impressive graphique and performance. I had a ati 9800, and graw worked ok... But visual quality was not impressive and performance were not stable...

1.1. System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Intel or AMD, 2 GHz

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP

Memory: 1024 MB RAM

Disk Space: 4.5 GB

Graphics Card: 128 MB DX9.0c compatible card,

GeForce 6200 or higher

Radeon 9600 or higher

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive : x2 read speed

DirectX Version: 9.0c

Network: High-speed modem with 64 Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a client, 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game.

Recommended Configuration:

Processor: Intel or AMD 2.8 GHz

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP

Memory: 1024 MB RAM

Disk Space: 4.5 GB

Graphics Card: 256 MB DX9.0c compatible card,

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive : x2 read speed

DirectX Version: 9.0c

Network: High-Speed Modem with 128 Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a client, 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game.

Graphics Cards Supported:

Radeon 9600

Radeon 9700

Radeon 9800

Radeon X300

Radeon X600

Radeon X800

Radeon X1600

Radeon X1800

Radeon X1900

GeForce 6200

GeForce 6600

GeForce 6800

GeForce 7800

If you experience problems, consult paragraph 4.1.

4.1. Technical Support

Technical Support:

To get technical support, go to www.ubi.com <http://www.ubi.com> <<http://www.ubi.com>> and click "support" from the top toolbar.

Above is from the ReadmeENG.txt of the 1.10 patch

Is there a good PCI graphics card

Well, that settles it. The PCI bus just doesn't have enough bandwidth, so even if you could actually find a video card that was within the minimum specs, being PCI means it would have 1/16th of the 'speed' of a similar AGP8X card.

I'm afraid you're pretty much going to have to go for a major system upgrade, not just get a cheap video card.

Anyone want to buy a brand new GRAW game?

Youch. Sorry. :(

That being said, it's probably a better investment in your system to start upgrading at the motherboard/CPU level now. I expect you're on a pretty tight budget, thus your seeking a PCI card under $200, but it's entire doable.

If you don't, soon, you're going to be more or less stuck with some very dusty old games for perpetuity.

If you're interested in looking into what options you have, and at what level of cost, this site is usually pretty good at getting simple, practical advice. I build machines semi-professionally, for example. I recently had to more or less gut my wife's computer, but managed to get her a motherboard with onboard video that blows away pretty much any PCI card on the market, but with a PCI Express slot for future upgrades, along with a Sempron 3000+ 64 bit CPU, for about $200CAD.

It's not that difficult, working on the cheap, but it can be time consuming and frustrating, until you get the hang of it. Luckily, it's not that complex, just daunting at first.

Good luck.

I dont want to put a whole lot of money in something I dont have a lot of time for, but I guess this comp is getting a little old. would you recomend someone trying to build their own computer, or should I just buy one.

Build. Not only is it cheaper (at least in terms of the quality you get compared to the cheap systems most OEM's offer) but just like owning a car, you should be able to perform simple repairs/maintenance, or have a rather large budget for the repair shops.

Learning how to build your own takes time. Time well spent. It's not difficult, but it's a bit complex for the first-time builder, but it's a skill that one should learn as a user. There are tutorials floating around all over the place, including a few here, if you decide to go this route.

Looking forward to it. Best of luck, and I promise that it will be a rewarding experience, if a bit daunting at first.

Oh, and there are many folks here who are both proficient and willing to help with building new systems. I specialize in budget hardware, as I'm on a tight one myself. Others here are fantastic with bleeding edge, but the key thing is: Every one of us had never built a computer before at some point, and not many of us had formal training in how to do it.

The key is to set a budget, and determine what your actual needs are. Finding the right balance is an art, but one that gets easier the more you invest of yourself into it. Also, as a warning: It gets addictive. It's sort of like tattoos in that way. It's not for everyone, but once you build/get your first one, you'll be looking for excuses to do it again. ;)

building your own pc is not that difficult, it is worth the effort and you get more pleasure out of the experiance when gaming or just staring at it :P

when you come home and see "your" rig it is "yours" not a dell or compaq or what ever, it is "yours" and that is really something to come home to and play with.

hope you keep GRAW and find a solution other than selling graw, cause unlike what you may read in some posts, its worth upgrading for

Edited by sui317

I second (or third) building your own machine; I built my first PC and will NEVER buy a prebuilt after all the joy I've gotten from picking out exactly what I wanted, configuring things as I wanted, and maintaining and upgrading it. It does have its dangers; my wife is slightly jealous of my computer, probably in the same way many wives are jealous of their husbands' sports cars.

That being said, if you buy, and you're on a budget, you can very often find a barebones machine that simply requires a new videocard and some extra RAM to make it game-worthy. I've seen quite a few perfectly decent machines with no video card, but an empty PCI-X slot, which you could fill with a $200 card and still stay under $1000 for the entire setup.

At this point, your machine is like an 8-track; you're not going be able to play any new music on it.

Edited by DisgruntledArchitect

Is there a good PCI graphics card under $200 that will run this game?

Any suggestions?

Don't waist any money on that card it's outdated technology. I know you are on a budget but do this go to newegg.com or monarchcomputer.com find a cheap PCI express mainboard and then you could go to Ebay and get a 6800gt PCIe for less than $150.

Here's is an idea

mobo is socket 939 is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...82E16813131569R

CPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103537

GPU

http://computers.search.ebay.com/6800gt_Vi...Z1QQsacatZ40156

Think about it.

Make sure your careful about putting on the proccessor. Don't smear the thermal paste! :) You should use the CD/DVD drives from your old computer, along with any hard drvies you can use. You'll need a new mobo, so make sure to put in all the nuts and bolts correctly. Don't wanna boot up and find your expensive mobo smoking! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it. Best of luck, and I promise that it will be a rewarding experience, if a bit daunting at first.

Personally, I don't think it's daunting at all. It's like putting a puzzle together, but you have the opportunity to have other telling you exactly where to put everything :D Separate every task into pieces, and it shouldn't seem too overwhelming.

In fact, I'll help right now. (Remember to wear a static wristband to prevent electrical shocks The mobo is usually what you start off with. The case you buy will have a side in which the mobo screws into (mine is on the right). Make sure the mobo is not touching the case! There are usually pins you put on one side to levitate the mobo a bit.

Next the power supply. Place that in the designated area, make sure the cables are able to be moved around easily, and screw it in from the back. Simple as that!

Next up, the processor. Be careful with it! There will be an empty (usually whitish) slot with a small lever next to it. Pull up the lever and place the chip in the small slots. Don't smear the paste on top! Then you have to install the heat sink then the fan (this is different depending on your processor, so read your processor’s manual!).

The video card is an easy one. Figure out what slot it uses (AGP, PCI, PCI-E) slip it in, and screw the little metal "lid" hanging from it on the top to keep it in place.

You case will come with "slots" near the front to slip in your DVD/CD and hdd drives. Once there in, screw them in so they don't shake.

RAM, ha, what a joke! That is, unless your mobo supports dual channel :rolleyes: RAM is just slipped into the small, rectangular, casings near the processor. If your mobo supports dual channel, then you have to have an equal amount of RAM in each of the sets of slots (4 slots in total), unless you want to keep one set of slots empty.

That's my basic tutorial, of course there are still other things left after this. These include, putting in fans, connecting various parts to the power supply, connecting wires from the power supply, and whatever else (and I'm sure there will be more) that needs to be done. Be sure to check all your manuals for help. Be careful and have fun with it. :D

Edited by kevtimc11

I would highly suggest an ATi x1600 512mb graphics card!

check these out.... you can get one for as low as $110

someone in team smokin bought one and is getting great FPS in GRAW

i also got a x1600pro 512mb and it is good :D

make sure you got enough ram on mobo that does help a lot

Should an ATI Radeon 9250 work with GRAW?

I just bought it and I don't want to open it until I know it will work with this game?

Thanks for all the help.

I struggle for overall performance (framerate) frames per second, with an X1800XT 512MB. I don't even get 60 fps on medium settings.

Make sure your careful about putting on the proccessor. Don't smear the thermal paste! :) You should use the CD/DVD drives from your old computer, along with any hard drvies you can use. You'll need a new mobo, so make sure to put in all the nuts and bolts correctly. Don't wanna boot up and find your expensive mobo smoking! :rolleyes:

I once upgraded my system and had a lot of plastic plugs left, starting up, my power suply gave some bleeps and nothing happened. A better power supply will test if there's some shortcut in your mobo before blowing it up..... :grin3:

I once upgraded my system and had a lot of plastic plugs left, starting up, my power suply gave some bleeps and nothing happened. A better power supply will test if there's some shortcut in your mobo before blowing it up..... :grin3:

That's good, when I bought my parts at the store (yes I know, should've done it online), the guy stressed to me a million times not to do anything that will blow it up. I just figured if your not careful, it will blow up.

Edited by kevtimc11

$200 are you kidding

a AGP's nvidia 7300 or a 6600gt are only about $60 (including shipping)

for near $200 you can get already a 7800 pcie if you lucky with is top of the line

i have a 6600gt 2566mb and it runs ok, resulution i have to leave low but near everything else on high - and i paid for mine on a computer show 55euros($65) but that was 4 months ago

check http://www.pricewatch.com/ for really good deals, MUCH better then newegg

an ATI x1600 512mb i tryed as well, that is also far under $200 but i prefear the 6600gt anytime, and it only cost not even half the x1600