GR and Voice Comms

Aack

wow... a definate advertisement for TS... i'll be sure to grab a new version and test it out... the previous versions we've played with had horrid sound quality... worse than RW...

we've stuck with BattleCom for three reasons:

1- $ (free)

2- Sound quality at Echo compression is excellent

3- Multiple channels on a single server

as for RW... always said it's like talking through toilets... and no channel support...

right no i am using a table mic and walkman headphones. my mic on my MS headset crapped out, need to wait till friday to pick up a new one. my personal preference is the headset though. you can hear everything in the game very clear with no feedback while on TS.

i agree , TS is nice i have used RW and MSN Sidewinder but it dosent support XP(or didnt a month or so ago) have been using the regular voice option on msn messenger 5.0, but we started using TS on feyd's server and i have to say it is the best by far that i have used.

I have my normal PC speakers running and wear a headset mic. It took a bit of fiddling, but the sound from the speakers does not normally come across on the mic (or at least nobody has told me that it does).

Another thumbs up for TS from me.

Ive been using TS for nearly a year now and cant really fault it for its price.

I'm in the camp with the other guys that say V2 isnt as good.

Our clan (16 members) tried upgrading to V2 and we had no end of configuration/soundcard problems, so we all stuck with v1.5.0.6

(they may have sorted some of those early V2 problems by now, but just havent found a good enough reason to upgrade.)

We tried many other comms s/w to start and nothing could compare to the low bandwidth, easy configuration and high sound quality of TS.

P.S - I seem to remember that TS guys have archives of all the versions (that may have changed now.. but worth trawling their site)

Edited by flybar

if u look on the back most comps have both headset and spkr jacks, mine has both on back plus on my speakers, plus on the front....hell if anyone needs a place to plug theirs in let me know!!! we'll get an extension cord and hook you up!!!

.........or u can just go to the dollar store and get a splitter.....

Edited by ~NkOgNiTo~