Beam Weapon Almost Ready For Battle >

calius

EMP resistant or somthing....

EMP bombs are in the works from what I know.

Actually plans for an EMP have been discovered to used by Al Qaeda cells.

An EMP will knock out anything that used electronics or electrical components, including cars, trucks, fresh water pumps, fuel station pumps and many more ordinary things that run civilization.

Great. Just what we need, bigger better weapons for killing each other.

I think the point of this is to prevent deaths in combat by ways of intimidation, and destroying missiles upon other things. Meh, I could just be a "glass half full" kind of guy...

HA! What a joke. I dont mean any disrespect to you cdnsniper, but thats what they said about machine guns, and the nuke. What next? Before world war one, Maxim, the dude who invented the machine gun said that this gun will prevent all wars, and a commander would be insane to send soldiers against the machine gun. Look what happened?

this could be fun....

MSGT "Command, were approaching the enemy strong hold"

Command "Ok guys hang tight, put on your sunglasses and sunblock 3000.

Were going to melt them into the ground."

Edited by Prozac360

I think the point of this is to prevent deaths in combat by ways of intimidation, and destroying missiles upon other things. Meh, I could just be a "glass half full" kind of guy...

HA! What a joke. I dont mean any disrespect to you cdnsniper, but thats what they said about machine guns, and the nuke. What next? Before world war one, Maxim, the dude who invented the machine gun said that this gun will prevent all wars, and a commander would be insane to send soldiers against the machine gun. Look what happened?

I must admit you have me with the machine gun, although it is debatable that the nuclear missile has saved more lives than it has taken ;) .

this could be fun....

MSGT "Command, were approaching the enemy strong hold"

Command "Ok guys hang tight, put on your sunglasses and sunblock 3000.

Were going to melt them into the ground."

GHOST RECON 4---> ok Mitchel hit "F" to apply sunblock, and hit "X" to put on sunglasses. now remember team dont stare directly at the beam or u might be blinded, there used to be some kind of stun weapon like that back in the 21'st century... oh yeah thats right flash bombs or something like that...

I must admit you have me with the machine gun, although it is debatable that the nuclear missile has saved more lives than it has taken ;) .

It is better to negotiate peace from a position of power.

There will always be a "bad guy" out there developing weapons for killing people. We need to stay ahead of them in development so that they don't pass us up.

Imagine if we still just had machineguns. They would be far past us by now.

GHOST RECON 4---> ok Mitchel hit "F" to apply sunblock, and hit "X" to put on sunglasses. now remember team dont stare directly at the beam or u might be blinded, there used to be some kind of stun weapon like that back in the 21'st century... oh yeah thats right flash bombs or something like that...

ROFL, thats about right desertranger

speaking of laser pens, now i can throw in another shameless plug for you guys to go to www.abovetopsecret.com..

• 3 weeks later...
Its the new generation of LASER PENS..

Ha, laser pen.

PHaSR Rifle

4307524393-thumb.jpg

11/2/2005 - KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE, N.M. (AFPN) -- A laser technology weapon will be the first man-portable, non-lethal deterrent weapon intended for protecting troops and controlling hostile crowds.

The weapon, developed by the Air Force Research Laboratory's Directed Energy Directorate, employs a two-wavelength laser system and is a hand-held, single-operator system for troop and perimeter defense. The laser light used in the weapon temporarily impairs aggressors by illuminating or "dazzling" individuals, removing their ability to see the laser source.

The first two prototypes of the Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response, or PHaSR, were built here last month and delivered to the laboratory's Human Effectiveness Directorate at Brooks City Base, Texas, and the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate at Quantico, Va. for testing.

"The future is here with PHaSR," said Capt. Thomas Wegner program manager. Captain Wegner is also the ScorpWorks flight commander within the laser division of the energy directorate here. ScorpWorks is a unit of military scientists and engineers that develops laser system prototypes for AFRL, from beginning concept to product field testing.

The National Institute of Justice recently awarded ScorpWorks $250,000 to make an advanced prototype that will add an eye-safe laser range finder into PHaSR. Systems such as PHaSR have historically been too powerful at close ranges and ineffective but eye-safe at long ranges. The next prototype is planned to include the addition of the eye-safe range finder and is planned for completion in March 2006.