What is the best racing game GTR or R-FACTOR?

Stalker_Zero

After seeing the thread here for GTR I nabbed the demo and im hooked, I also have Richard Burns Rally (and that realy is a physics monster for realism) and this is in the same ballpark but for racing rather than rally. I ordered it last friday so it should be here this week.

I downloaded the MP demo of R-factor .. but its purely MP and there was no connections to any servers online when i tried (tested firewall and it was able to check online) so I cant even say what thats like as I cant get far enough to even drive it!

MOMO seems to be the standard that most purchase as a wheel (not sure if thats based on lasyness of not looking for anything else or just good advertising) - but on the Richard Burns forum no one had any complaints using that wheel at all.

Even with RBR and purchasing GTR .. I STILL havent got a wheel (joystick)! If I do I will nab a MOMO.

And which is the best racing wheel to get? Is it automatically the logitech momo or something else?

ECCI or TSW's are the top of the line wheels, with ECCI being the tops. I personally have a TSW2. I know people who use MOMO's and the Logitech Driving Force Pro, and they both have similar issues; the pedals are junk. Usually they will start having issues with calibration, and you'll need to replace them. A MOMO as start isn't a bad choice, but remember, if you get bit by the bug you may want an upgrade. :rocky:

Rfactor is very modable. it's got a very open structure and was designed from the ground up to be modder friendly. I haven't played it. But from what people say, it's quite a good game. After spending a lot of wheel time with GTR and playing around with mods/skins/new cars, i can safely say that it is a great game. Grand Prix Legends was also a great game. So war GR1. There are not many truly great games, but GTR is one of them.

Bottom Line: (in my opinion) GTR is really, really great straight outa the box. Rfactor is gonna be all about the mods, there should be some great ones.

• 7 years later...

There are popular racing games that good to play these days and GTR and R-Factor are one of a good racing games in PC. Well for me both of them are enjoyable and exciting to play but since I'm a fan of formula car, I prefered to play R-factor and I also like the racing track on this game.

Is it me or the last post was 2005 LOL...??

More than 7 years ago!
its 2013 n those games are still fun...

But anyway, I agree with all,
Mods are user friendly, and lot of them n tracks for both:)
(Tought GTR2 went out in 2006:S

@NoGripRacing:

GTR2 has 8451 files

rFactor has 1426

I lost track on how many DVD-ROMs I have on GTR series and how many nights my wife yelled at me for playing these classic games pass 4am...after working 8rhs.

SimBin community is still going strong, and almost every month, there is a new modder who is making a name for him/herself.

For asphalt racing, I'm torn between eyecandy Shift1-2, or number of tracks and livery GTR series.

Now, they got some of these game free in STEAM, well pay as you play on some cars and tracks.

2005? I guess we know what games are trully worth playing still :cowboy:

@pagey, Blackhawks won again...just in case your didn't know :whistle:

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

@pagey, Blackhawks won again...just in case your didn't know :whistle:

It was very good series, very intense..since couple years with ''new rules'' its a game of youngster...

Its fast, intense from day one...

That series was awesome really, and im so happy for Chicago..

As a habs fan, i simply hate them.

I stillplay those 2 games...tweaks n mods makes it very fun :)

GTR2 has now 386 tracks i think on nogrip, there some very good ones.

Gogogo lol, if you need couple racers or so, just beep...
I have Dirt 2 and 3, too.. ;)

is that you?....mind if I add you to my Gaming FB?
EDIT: Yes its me..:)

Edited by pagey