HX5 Trouble.

johnnyblossom

I installed the lovely HX5 mod last night, only to find this morning that some weapons remain invisible or only partially drawn in menus and during gameplay. I'm not running any other mods at the same time. I've tried reinstalling, to no avail. Anybody got any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Amy

Amy,

Welcome to the site! Because you're new I'm going to try to help you out a little bit regarding HX5. You're not going to get much help regarding HX5 on these boards.

We've had some issues with this mod in the past and it has lost this community's support because of Mod theft. That discussion is neither here nor there, but more than likely no one here will help you with your problem.

I do suggest that if you enjoy mods you take a look at our extensive downloads section here at GR.net. We've put a lot of time and effort into the new downloads section and mod reviews. If you think HX5 is lovely then you will be blown away by what we have to offer here at GR.net

Enjoy your stay! :)

Amy,

...You're not going to get much help regarding HX5 on these boards.

We've had some issues with this mod in the past and it has lost this community's support because of Mod theft...

Did I miss something? I've searched the Forum and couldn't find any discussion of there being an intellectual property issue with HX5. What's the issue?

• 2 months later...
... I presumed all mods in the downloads section were fully endorsed when I dowloaded HX5... [D]oes the difference of opinion extend to Mission HX?

This is a good Q; I've assumed the same as johnnyblossom.

Edit: see replies below please.

P.S., Hard to imagine better support for a mod then getting a reply from the mod-maker himself w/in 15 minutes - as I did! Thanks harntrox. :)

There has never been any intellectual property issues of any kind with HX5.

feel free to PM me with your questions.

Thanks for all your great mod work!

What's the history of HX? I first downloaded HX4 back in 04.... and HX4+ last week. Never really explored it since when installing HX5 the recommendation was to delete all the older HX files. So I assume each new gen of HX supercedes the gen before?

Will there be an HX6? Or are you thinking ahead to GRAW?

Edited by cryptomorph

I installed the lovely HX5 mod last night, only to find this morning that some weapons remain invisible or only partially drawn in menus and during gameplay. I'm not running any other mods at the same time. I've tried reinstalling, to no avail. Anybody got any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

I have that problem to, but only one weapon is invisible, and that is the M4 SD .223.. I can see other fine.

I thought i might have burned it wrong when i burned it to CDR but apparently not.

Edited by Foxtrot23

• 2 years later...

Amy,

Welcome to the site! Because you're new I'm going to try to help you out a little bit regarding HX5. You're not going to get much help regarding HX5 on these boards.

We've had some issues with this mod in the past and it has lost this community's support because of Mod theft. That discussion is neither here nor there, but more than likely no one here will help you with your problem.

I do suggest that if you enjoy mods you take a look at our extensive downloads section here at GR.net. We've put a lot of time and effort into the new downloads section and mod reviews. If you think HX5 is lovely then you will be blown away by what we have to offer here at GR.net

Enjoy your stay! :)

Wow

I never think Harntrox did any theft here, i know Dark angel aka DA did theft, but HX ???

HX brought the chopper back from death, DA hmm yea only Theft !!!

old post yea, but i never heard of HX beeing theft, and used all others mods, only DA did the theft, and used all others mod, who else brought back the chopper before HX ? i see no one :-)

Blown away by what you offer ?, can you offer choppers attacking you ? no you cant hehe, still along time ago, but they dont got that offer, unless offered by HX.

• 3 weeks later...

HX5 was all original content.

Don;t blame Ruin, when the mod came out he was starting his modding career with the sheep mod (or something like this)

In fact is HX5 somewhat the sequel to Black Sun (Hence HX5 - Red Sun) It was developed during my stay in Harntrox's house ( Great time m8 .. i still miss the 6$ burger dearly!!!!)

So be assured in HX5 is only original content or content which was used with WRITTEN permission.

DA in the contrary with his mod (i forgot the name) and Gunslinger mods just compiled without any permissions which actually made a couple of ppl quit this whole modding thing.

I hope i could shed some light on this misunderstanding.

Cheers