Hi from Ft Benning

Marcinko

Hi everyone, been a while since i posted, last time i got the chance was in airborne school.

i gradutaed from ITB(Infantry Training Batallion) on april 15th, went to airborne hold, my company had 4 platoons, one platoon of Ranger contracts, which was my platoon, and the other 3 had 18x contracts, and since SOPSE is quarterly, they had priority over me, so a week of airborne hold, rigger detail :x then went through 3 weeks of airborne, then to Regiment Indoctrine Program pending on a monday, passed 70% standard pt test, and was onto RIP by thursday.

went through RIP, this last week all were doing is shooting, zero monday( m68's are great) shoot tuesday and wed, thursday we get off, friday, graduation an 9am, Ranger Memorial.

started with 64 people, were down to 30.

120 took the pt test, 50 some passed( some had already taken and passed the pt test.)

report in to 3rd bat tuesday, the 28th.

hopefully, i will get the oppurtunity to be on, Rangers train a lot. thats my first priority, but perhaps on the weekend i can get back into modding. swartzs can maybe show me a thing or two.

thats pretty well it, batallion is gonna be hell till i get to Ranger School, but the past 24 weeks have been hell, 8 and a half i can live through. hope to see everyone around.

Hi everyone, been a while since i posted, last time i got the chance was in airborne school.

i gradutaed from ITB(Infantry Training Batallion) on april 15th, went to airborne hold, my company had 4 platoons, one platoon of Ranger contracts, which was my platoon, and the other 3 had 18x contracts, and since SOPSE is quarterly, they had priority over me, so a week of airborne hold, rigger detail :x then went through 3 weeks of airborne, then to Regiment Indoctrine Program pending on a monday, passed 70% standard pt test, and was onto RIP by thursday.

went through RIP, this last week all were doing is shooting, zero monday( m68's are great) shoot tuesday and wed, thursday we get off, friday, graduation an 9am, Ranger Memorial.

120 took the pt test, 50 some passed( some had already taken and passed the pt test.)

hopefully, i will get the oppurtunity to be on, Rangers train a lot. thats my first priority, but perhaps on the weekend i can get back into modding. swartzs can maybe show me a thing or two.

thats pretty well it, batallion is gonna be hell till i get to Ranger School, but the past 24 weeks have been hell, 8 and a half i can live through. hope to see everyone around.

Good going so far dude!

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Congrats m8, and i will be here if you need me... :D

thanks guys.

yea, its fun, i tell ya though, fastroping hurts. no matter how thick your gloves are, damnit it hurts.

but thats if you do it over and over and over... you get the point.

just found out i'll have cable tv and cable internet at my new barracks, so i'll definatly be back in the game when i'm not training or pting.

from what iv herd, its a punk ... but i doubt marci will have a problem ! woot!

when u get the net remember to bug me about joining. Ill be signed up oneday soon

Edited by Prozac360

i'm not too far away, or not near as far away as i once was, from you prozac.

if you want details, wanna know about training, or the 211 ways to support 11b, i will tell you.

thanks guys. Ranger school is the Army's "premiere" leadership dev course.

i, as a private, will be put in the position of squad leader, team leader, first sgt, etc, and will be expected to take my squad, team, company, out, and succesfully complete a mission to Ranger standards.

sounds like fun huh? i got a couple months before i go there.

thanks again guys, made it this far, aint qutting or failing now.

Hey boys, been awhile, eh?

Right on, Marcinko. You might not remember this, but back in the day we had more then a couple little disagreements here on ghostrecon.net. But hey man, if you're infantry, then you're alright in my books. Respect to you, bro.

Just know that your modding days are probably numbered. Since I joined the CF, I don't really have much time for any sort of online gaming anymore. And I know that US army op tempo is wicked fast compared to ours.

As for myself, I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan with the 1st Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment. I'll check in on ya when I can, but untill then stay safe and just f----ing give'er.

Pro Patria

Hey boys, been awhile, eh?

Right on, Marcinko. You might not remember this, but back in the day we had more then a couple little disagreements here on ghostrecon.net. But hey man, if you're infantry, then you're alright in my books. Respect to you, bro.

Just know that your modding days are probably numbered. Since I joined the CF, I don't really have much time for any sort of online gaming anymore. And I know that US army op tempo is wicked fast compared to ours.

As for myself, I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan with the 1st Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment. I'll check in on ya when I can, but untill then stay safe and just f----ing give'er.

Pro Patria

before 9/11 I had time for it. Nowadays, no way. That's why you don't see me around anymore.

Yes, i recall a debate or two. there were times when i should have kept my mouth shut, i was a know it all, and i have learned from that.

but its cool. yea, infantry, good stuff. we will be training a lot, but as far as gaming and modding, weekends and nights when i can. my first and foremost goal is to set a lasting impression on my tl/sl and keep a good pt score.

deployed huh? i'm sure its coming, sooner than later. its one of those if i told you i'd have to kill you things, :ph34r:

but in any case, stay safe bro, keep your head down, perhaps we may see each other one day.

i'm not too far away, or not near as far away as i once was, from you prozac.

if you want details, wanna know about training, or the 211 ways to support 11b, i will tell you.

thanks guys. Ranger school is the Army's "premiere" leadership dev course. 

i, as a private, will be put in the position of squad leader, team leader, first sgt, etc, and will be expected to take my squad, team, company, out, and succesfully complete a mission to Ranger standards.

sounds like fun huh? i got a couple months before i go there.

thanks again guys, made it this far, aint qutting or failing now.

Enjoy your time in RIP brother. Pay attention and make sure you have the FRAGO, WARNORD and 5 Paragraph OPORD down pat. It will pay to have it memorized when you haven't slept in a week and are suddenly told you are now the PL and by the way, you have 45 minutes before you have to give the OPORD for a raid 6 klicks away. :thumbsup:

i have already started learning a lot of those things, mett-tc, tlp, ocoka, 5 principles of patrolling, 5 p's pows...

its all in my rusty trusty handbook.

i am still learning even though rip is over.

METT-TC and a revised version of OCOKA call OACOK will serve you well. It is the simple things that are important in combat, so keep the basics you are learning now as close as your weapon and you won't go wrong. :thumbsup: