New to Ghost Recon

CaptNink

Hi all!

I have been playing the Ghost Recon demo and I love it! This game is awesome, I can't beleive I let it slip me by!

I will be buying the retail version tomorrow. Once I have it installed along with the 1.4 patch, what should I do then? I have heard some of you talk about the HX4 mod. What is it and where do I get it? Also, any more mods you recommend?

Thanks, I can't wait to see you online!

:o=

If you can afford it, I would buy Ghost Recon, Desert Seige and Island Thunder. Desert Seige and Island thunder are expansion packs for Ghost Recon. More game play in different locations. Some stores have special editions that contain all three in one package. Sometimes you can get all

three cheaper that way. Once you get the hang of Ghost Recon and finish it,

you'll be glad to have the others on hand.

Some mods require that you have Desert Seige or Island Thunder, If your in

that much of a hurry, most only require that you only need Ghost Recon

though.

I think the comlpete package is also called the GOLD package that's the one you want to get!

GR + DS + IT for 40.00 "great deal"

You also signed up on the right fourm I've learned so much here and have downloaded some great mods.

You played GR demo ? Is it only one map ?

You'll be surprised to see all the other maps (beauties).

Desert Siege is in the desert of Africa.

Island Thunder is in the jungle of Cuba.

And GR itself is in the woodlands of Georgia and Russia.

Welcome.

Hi all!

I have been playing the Ghost Recon demo and I love it!  This game is awesome, I can't beleive I let it slip me by!

I will be buying the retail version tomorrow.  Once I have it installed along with the 1.4 patch, what should I do then?  I have heard some of you talk about the HX4 mod.  What is it and where do I get it?  Also, any more mods you recommend?

Thanks, I can't wait to see you online!

:o=

Ahhh, one of our fallen lambs are coming home boys!! :) Amen to that! ;)

Get Ghost Recon, Desert Siege and Isladn Thunder. Then get your ###### onto a server boy and start shooting up. :o=

Edited by Cobblers

Hey thanks everyone!

I'm picking up the "Game of the Year" pack which has GR + Desert Siege for only $39.99 Canadian! I thought that was a pretty good deal. I haven't seen the "Gold" edition, but I'll keep my eye open!

My brother has GR for XBOX and I played multiplayer with him yesterday....what a thrill!! I can't wait to play online!

Cheers all! :o=

Hi and welcome.

Is this copy u have for PC or console?

As said once you've played the single player join in on the Multi player games as you can play the missions except with real people.

Also get teamspeak (www.teamspeak.org). This is a chat prog that works brilliantly and makes the game 10 times better!

There's plenty of good servers.

GR.net has it's own

Tactical Gamer is another good server (but for serious players only - though really good to play as it's all team work)

UBI can be disappointing as it's hard

a) to try and find a game that doesn't lag and

b) isn't infested with idiots. I would say cheaters as well (from listening to some people here) but as I don't know what cheats are out there I wouldn't know who is and isn't cheating.

Basically it's usually a good idea to stay away from the public servers and find the more dedicated ones. GR and TG servers have really great, friendly people on them.

Jex.