Who's the best special forces?

stormcrow

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any comments on the photo's of the S.A.S above?

sas-collage2.jpg

I believe the one on the left (not sure about the one on the right) isn't actually 100% SAS. That picture looks similar to a part in Andy McNabs Video where there is a practice CT Op. I believe he used ex-SAS men to recreate the scenes but you can never be sure.

Thats just what i think. I could be wrong :unsure:

I'm sorry, but how the hell, can you put SWAT, over groups, that are 10x better trained. Majority of SWAT, are x-militray, many x-spec ops. I dont see the logic in that :blink:

The SAS gave birth to the term "Special Forces". They get my vote.

they did?

Edited by Marcinko

A SWAT team, Marcinko, is basically a special forces unit, that has to operate under restricted guidelines in tactical operations. Some SWAT units from LAPD and Miami are trained in all types of warfare including sea-borne operations and because they train in CQC and Hostage Rescue 24/7, unlike the SAS who rotate personnel, the unit integrity of a SWAT unit is far greater than a normal special forces unit.

I know what a SWAT team is, i am failing to understand how you place, a military unit, that, not only has BETTER training, but receieves more money, better equipment, and has more experience. experience, meaning, U.S. deploying in Iraq, with the coalition, SWAT teams dont get experiences like that.

You all prolly think, that i think the SEALs are the best.....

YOUR DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!

That your response? learn to spell. you cant answer my question? so instead, you criticise me for having bad TYPING skills,thats original, when faced when questions one cant answer, they usually try to reticule the questionare.

Perhaps you whould learn whats what in grammer, figured you would know that SEAL, is a acronym, and all letters need to be capitialized, obviously u cant figure that out, i figured i'd tell ya.

so, can i get a answer, other than a smart a* one?

i'm done here unless theres a answer to my question.

I'm extremely sorry Marcinko for any misunderstanding about my post, but I was simply offering a helpful hint after reading your previous reply. I am sorry, if you misunderstood this and I apolgise most sincerely for any trouble I have caused.

Furthermore in response to my comparison with SWAT teams and special forces units is that SWAT teams, since the increase of crimes involving drugs and firearms in the United States, the operational tempo of tactical teams in the U.S and U.K has increased, and as such a SWAT unit can be involved in more live operations than a special forces unit in CQC and Hostage Rescue operations, which is better for operational experience Due to this, the training of units has increased and the equipment given to these units is better.

Indeed since the early 1990's the Special Air Service has frequently had personnel on exchange with SO19. It is also known in certain circles that the SAS and the MOSSAD has also trained with LAPD SWAT teams over several years, and has also used SWAT personnel as instructors. One such individual is Mike Grasso, who is a Technical Advisor for the Rainbow Six series and several movies.

the MOSSAD has also trained with LAPD SWAT teams over several years

gotta love Mossad.. I forget the name of the unit, but a special branch of the Mossad initiated "Operation Wrath of God" which hunted down and killed the terrorists responsible for the massacre of the Isreali Olympic athletes..

I read (Encyclopedia of the World's Special Forces) that this unit was disbanded after the mission was completed, but that with the continuing disturbances in Israel, the unit has been re-activated.

God Speed to 'em

One such individual is Mike Grasso, who is a Technical Advisor for the Rainbow Six series and several movies.

Tech. Advisor on Raven Shield, and recently promoted to Detective.

Don't believe all you read about Mike though, that's another story.....for another time...

I remember hearing that Mossad used to have a list of targets, which would be discussed with the Israeli Prime Minister and the head of MOSSAD. This list would sometimes include some of the top-level Nazis when there used to be some hiding in Israel. Anyway, when the Prime Minister and his select group decided which targets were to be eliminated, then they would pass the job onto assasination teams which would carry out the hits.

I'm not sure if this is true though, but hell, do we ever REALLY know what's going on.

Thats what i mean.

So far, attacks, have been coming within Israel, now there goin to be coming from all terrorists states over there. There gonna be hit harder, more people, more bombs, bigger guns fights, etc.

Syria, is probably too unstable to do anything, as they were asking for help, the day of the attack.

I am behind Israel 100%, there badass group, and very intelligent at that. I believe what they are doing, however, will never end.