Which NATO SF units do you like?

Chems

These are the NATO countries. And here is a list of world SF units if you want to check, which out of these countries would you like to play as as there Special Forces units? UK and US go with out saying im afraid, any otheres? GROM etc? GSG9 is about the only other one i know. Please try to be imaganative and not just say SAS, Delta Force. Thanks!

Belgium

Bulgaria

Canada

Czech Rep

Denmark

Estonia

France

Germany

Greece

Hungary

Iceland

Italy

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Netherlands

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Turkey

United Kingdom

United States

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luxembourg (just for a laugh really, i mean their army is how? big 3 men and a goat ;) :lmao: )

:huh: I think you ######-Off the goat... you're gonna be sorry when you get your butt handed to you by a SF Goat. :lol:

If it was possible to "Tier" the forces by RW standards, and then be able to select a grouping. Or a launcher that might allow you to select from a buch of forces the one to play, or mix them up.

Some units while classified as SOF, like the Rangers (as an example) are good troops, but not Elite, like Delta or SAS.

But regardless of the force, it would be cool to see them in non-standard dress as well. Like some of the mixed-dress uniforms out there of the SAS/SBS lads. Y'know, kit them out in completely different models/skins for temperate, desert, urban, jungle, winter environments. Also, it is the extras which help make the models cool, like backpacks, tactical radios, leg pouches, etc...

Anywhoooo :whistle:

My choice - JTF2. :thumbsup:

Ok by special forces I mean, Delta, SAS, SBS, GSG9, GROM, RANGERS, ROYAL MARINES, 101st Airborne.

The more elite, crack troops.

If you had to choose 10 of these all from diffrent nations, say your allowed 2 from the same nation, ie SAS and SBS, or Delta Force and Rangers what would they be?

Sorry to keep mentioning SAS SBS etc, I dont know the other sf units that well, hence the thread.

I would like to see the Spanish Foreign Legion. They have some harsh training. I've met a few of them, a rough bunch let me tell you.

I was thinking of making a mod about them, Spanish UOE has been AWOL lately.

Edited by Mamon

That I'd like to see in game:

1 GSG9 (love the hardware)

3 Austrians (all about the Aug)

2 A Ghurka regiment

3 10th mountain or an Airborne of some kind.

4 Delta

5 The FFL (although I hate FN's)

6 Some country that fields AK's (why not)

7 Israelis ( again for the stuff )

Im not sure of the name, but the Turkish

Goes guys are ferals, seriously. They border russia, so during the Cold War they just trained up an army of phycopathic guys with MP5's or AK's, and have kept up the trend!!

EDIT: Checked Chems list, the name is the:

Ozel Jandarma Komando Bolugu :wacko:

French Foreign Legionnaires from 2 REP
Boy the french cant win a war without somebody helping them :rofl:

Silly ######, ever hear of Lafayette? <_<

2eme REP would eat you for lunch, :lol:

I'd pay money to see that :lol:

Just so you know who I'm talking about...

A Coles Notes version -

In 1777, Lafayette purchased a ship, and with a crew of adventurers set sail for America to fight in the revolution against the British. Lafayette joined the ranks as a major general and was assigned to the staff of George Washington. He served with distinction, leading America forces to several victories. On a return visit to France in 1779 Lafayette persuaded the French government to send aid to the Americans. After the British surrender at Yorktown, Lafayette returned home to Paris. He had become a hero to the new nation. At home he cooperated closely with Ambassadors Benjamin Franklin, and then Thomas Jefferson in behalf of American interests.

But... :offtopic:. Sorry Chems. :(

French Foreign Legionnaires from 2 REP
Boy the french cant win a war without somebody helping them :rofl:

Silly ######, ever hear of Lafayette? <_<

2eme REP would eat you for lunch, :lol:

I'd pay money to see that :lol:

ever heard of that bloke, crap cant remeber his name now......short guy, white wig...no,tsk tsk just cant get it....

Oh wait NAPOLEAN BONAPARTE

You know that guy that owned most of Europe and Nth Africa for a while there?

The guy that came [ ] that close, [ ] that close.... to conquering england??

Oh yeah, he was french too.

ever heard of that bloke, crap cant remeber his name now......short guy, white wig...no,tsk tsk just cant get it....

Oh wait NAPOLEAN BONAPARTE

You know that guy that owned most of Europe and Nth Africa for a while there?

The guy that came [ ] that close, [ ] that close.... to conquering england??

Oh yeah, he was french too.

You mean the arrogant French Emporer who had no idea about naval logistics? Its quite hard to come close to taking Britain without even getting any boats in the water. :rolleyes:

Its quite hard to come close to taking Britain without even getting any boats in the water. :rolleyes:

Not quite my friend,

First you get the horses from the cavelry

Then you feed tham a baaaaaaaaaad curry... :wacko: