HX5 crashing to desktop

JFSebastian

Anyone else having trouble with HX5 crashing to desktop. I have a clean copy of GR with no mods other than HX5 loaded and a fresh install of the game patched to 1.4. I am running directx 9.0 (Build 4.09.0000.0900) with Win XP pro. I have a Leadtek winfast FX5200 3d card and a AMDathlon XP2000 processor. I have the latest drivers for the 3d card.

Anyone got any ideas??.

JF

It does it when I am launching a mission, I can open the game ok and select a mission and map, but it crashes after the 5,4,3,2,1. you would think its a video card/driver problem but it works sweet without the HX5 mod.

I have plenty of ram (512mg) and a good enough system, and the game works fine otherwise. I have reinstalled the game to make sure there are not legacy mods lying around to stuff it up lol!!

I have a mate that has the same problem as well.

Regds

JF

Well I supose it happens to most of us sometime, I didnt see anywhere that it needed Island Thunder, only saw it needed DS. Thanks ZJJ you are absolutly correct, once I loaded IT it went fine. Lol I guess this was the stupid question of the week.

Regards and thanks

:wall::-"

JF :stupid:

Rocky Posted on Nov 6 2003, 09:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly when does it do that? Does it to me if I F7 quick save. 

I know respawns and quicksave are disabled so that may be why ?! Just a guess. I have ctd when I try to re-spawn on a mission ( any flyby one ). As soon as I hit the mouse to spawn..ctd.

I know respawns and quicksave are disabled so that may be why ?! Just a guess. I have ctd when I try to re-spawn on a mission ( any flyby one ). As soon as I hit the mouse to spawn..ctd.

Due to limitations of the GR engine it is not possible to quicksave on flybys or quickload on flybys ..

The problem is that flybys are not in the GR code they are modified insertions .. and for soem reason UBI / RSE didn't want us to be able to save during these insertions ..