Operation Iraqi Freedom is out

budgie

Yeah I would like to know who did it??

I dont this to be like a BHD thing but,

If it isnt done by some one that was there then they will never know what it was like an how it was!!!!!

I got no prob with a Operation Iraqi Freedom mod just hope that it was done with respect to my fallen buddies. If its not done right then I got a prob with it!!!

What is the link?

Well I havent downloaded this mod yet but, from what I saw over at the SEALZ website.

Well lets just say its not all right.

1. The rangers wore MICH helmet (lighter newer kevlar) in Iraq.

2. Delta force (now called CAG) wore there normal hockey helmets

3. The Iraqi forces that we saw (Republican guard and Special Republican Guard) wore green camo.

4. There is no NZ SAS soldiers

5. No SOCOM units use the M68 they all used ACOGs

6. There is no para military forces

7. For weapons there isnt a M21, SR-25, and M240G

8. It doesnt say anything about Iraqi weapons but from the pics it looks like normal stock weapons. All most all Iraqis carried AK-47, AKS-47, RPK47, and a lot of RPGs.

May BIG question I have is did anyone that was over there help on this or was it just a mod with a popular name throw on it??

BajaBravo did a great job on the skins.

Edited by soup31314

So it seems that this guy over at SEALZ just threw a mod together and threw a popular name on it.

Man that some screwed up stuff (gotto be nice).

And now if I want to do a mod about what we all did over there then I got to find a new name cuase some person used a popular name for some junk he put together.

Blah

Some days when you wish you could just shoot people for being stupid.

Sorry about that just venting some anger.

Like I said before on the other post I started writing this mod as the war went along. After every battle i wrote down what happened.

BLAH

soup,

just wanted to say glad youre home

and prayers go out to "our" fallen brothers

not to sound like a hero or action junky

but alot of guys in my Artillery (ARMY National Guard) unit

really want to go to iraq and back then to afghan

and drop some steel down range check

show them some real gun bunny love

BHD mod was a touchy subject

friends and families of the heros there didnt want a mod made about it

i can understand that, no probs with that

nova logic made a game about it

a book was written about it

a movie and soundtrack

Micheal Durant is from N.H. where i live we were all glad when he got home

so i guess if i wanted to make a mod about about his ordeal i could write him and his family asking for permission

if u want to make a mod about your mission over in iraq go ahead

put any title on it u want, have it say

"The Official" "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Currently Im on a Security of Homeland Defense Mission

Operation Noble Eagle II

and u better believe im making a mod about it

and im writing a book about it

my first active mission here at home, for our home

make us proud and want to play your mod over and over again

do it.

Edited by F'n New Guy

I've played through the first four Missions and it appears to be simply Desert Siege by another name. The enemy skins have been changed so they can be called 'Iraqis', the briefings have been altered and NPC AI backup in the form of Rangers or Brits or whatever have been added, but otherise the missions are exactly the same as DS, in the same order on the same maps. The bad guys have about the same numbers and are in the same places. There's really nothing new. The missions are even a little too easy, as they were designed for a six-man team of Ghosts, rather than the 12-20 friendlies that the numbers swell to.

But heck, too easy is better than too hard, IMO and the skins and weapons are really pretty. It's good fun to go back and play the old DS missions in a different context and I especially like the felling that I'm part of a larger battle that I get when there are extra friendlies around. I recommend giving it a go.

LINK TO FILEPLANET IRAQI FREEDOM

I like Soup's idea of an Operation Iraqi Freedom - based on his unit's experience. Unfortunately I'm no modder. I am however working on 'something in Iraq' based on a retextured Origmiss map. This is just a solo mission, but things are going well so far. It will have no bells and whistles and the objectives are uncomplicated, but I'm aiming for a 'different feel' from what we've become used to in GR missions.

I'll keep you all posted, but if anybody can offer me scripting advice (of the point and click kind), it would be nice to know I can call on you.

Edited by budgie

I found the mod to be sorely lacking. I finished the campaign in sp quite quickly. As Budgie mentioned with all the friendly reinforcements it was almost too easy. It was also fairly unoriginal and I felt let down at the end of it. It could have been really good but just wasn't. There is definitely room for a superior Iraqi Freedom mod imo. I give the current one a 5 out of 10. <_<

@F'n New Guy

You from NH!!! Me too. And in my home town (Pymouth) arty unit. not sure which one. I was the same way that Your buddies are couldnt wait to get there. Now I dont really ever want to do it again. I'm not saying that I would change a thing I or my soldiers did. But it one of those things that are a once in a life time thing. If I have to go back I will. But if I didnt have to then I wouldnt.

As for this mod!!!!

Well I guess that they just added a name to old stuff!!!

BLAH.

But I be nice (which is hard for me these days) But I will be nice.

Well I just checked over at SEALZ.com where I posted about this mod.

This is what I posted

Not sure if this is the right place to put it but here it goes.

I havent D/L the mod yet as I'm on leave. I returned from Iraq on Aug 28. I just saw that this mod was released. Like I said I havent played it yet. From what I have seen on your web page it seems that some of the stuff is not right.

I was thinking about doing a mod about what my unit went thru in Iraq.

I dont want to seem like I'm slamming those who made this mod. But I lost two good soldiers over the and a I think this mod should be done to respect them and all the brave soldiers sailors airman and marnies that lost there lives over there.

When I get off of leave I will D/L this mod to see if it is any where near what really happened.

As for me

When I was in Iraq I ran missions with TF 20. Plus TF 20 stayed in the hanger behind the building i stayed at for the first couple days after the airfield was taken. We trained them on how to load and unload the Bradleys. This was done in case they needed to be evaced out fast.

In closing I just would like to see a mod for ghost recon be done right.

Plus I started my version of this mod when the war was still going on. lol

Thank you for your time

SGT Garnet

B co 3/7 INF 3RD Infantry Division Ft Stewart ga

This is what I got in response to my post.

Hey bro,

Im real sorry to hear of your loss, i have never experienced warfare, and hope to never experience it.

I am =SEALZ=Stereo the maker of the mod "Operation: IRAQI Freedom v1.0" and the maker of the "Operation IRAQI Freedom v1.1 Patch"

I think you are taking this too seriously, THIS IS A GAME. I also started this mod at the begining of the "So Called" "WAR". The mod isnt supposed to be real in every detail, you get to kill saddam in the mod, the US hasnt even seen him yet never mind killed or captured him. This mod is "Based On The Real Operation: IRAQI Freedom" as in the names and places etc..., NOT EVERY SINGLE DETAIL, TIME,DATE & Place. You would need to make an entire game to do that.

Have fun bro, that is what the mod is all about.

Am I taken this to serious??

And I'm not sure but it was a war right???

And I'm not sure but it was a war right???

I believe he is refering to the fact the we never declaired war on Iraq - the US has not delaired a war on anyone since WWII. I belive most will say it was a war - the US government recognizese it as a war (for pension and medical benifits and whatnot) and that is good enough for me.

CLARK

@ soup and others

I think this thread is knocking the mod Operation Iraqui Freedom a little too much.

I understand that some people on this site are very keen on attention to detail, which is fine, and to be applauded. But there is also a sizeable number of people who just enjoy playing different campaigns, with storyline's based around real events so as to seem familiar and topical.

I loved the mod, the storyline was topical and had a basic accuracy. I enjoyed using M4s and mortars - and loved playing through missions with AI support.

Sure, it was much easier than other mods, but this doesn't make it bad. I spent probably 10 mins to complete each mission, but that was fine - it was a great 2hrs playing the campaign.

The key thing for me with mods is that there is a coherent campaign, with a storyline - and that the damn thing works. Operation Iraqi Freedom does both, so I'm happy.

Sure, everyone has the right to not like certain mods, but I don't think you should call the mod 'junk' as there's clearly been some very hard work done, which should be encouraged.

Instead of squabbling here's what I suggest: We could reconcile by inviting Stereo to join the process - he's obviously not without talent. Soup - you have the inside scoop on the missions and events. Stereo has the modding expertise (as do Ruin, Wolfsong and Sixpence who I recommend). Why don't you guys bang heads and come up with a killer mod?

Edited by budgie

I was a little disapointed with this mod. I was waiting for its release for some time, but the missions let it down.

As said before, very much DS rebadged.

One of the missions, where you need to stop 3 tanks and the apposing forces was a bit confusing? By that I mean, I sort of shot loads of AI coming right toward me/us ... then got my tankbuster .. and fired it at each tank as they stopped on the ridge in turn .. and I sort of won.

I thought to myself, surely theres a twist ... but that was it. he tanks didnt even fire at are positions from where they were positioned, so it was simple to do. This was on Elite aswell.

Skins etc bang on, but missions are a bit slak I thought.

@ soup and others

I think this thread is knocking the mod Operation Iraqui Freedom a little too much.

I understand that some people on this site are very keen on attention to detail, which is fine, and to be applauded. But there is also a sizeable number of people who just enjoy playing different campaigns, with storyline's based around real events so as to seem familiar and topical.

I loved the mod, the storyline was topical and had a basic accuracy. I enjoyed using M4s and mortars - and loved playing through missions with AI support.

Sure, it was much easier than other mods, but this doesn't make it bad. I spent probably 10 mins to complete each mission, but that was fine - it was a great 2hrs playing the campaign.

The key thing for me with mods is that there is a coherent campaign, with a storyline - and that the damn thing works. Operation Iraqi Freedom does both, so I'm happy.

Sure, everyone has the right to not like certain mods, but I don't think you should call the mod 'junk' as there's clearly been some very hard work done, which should be encouraged.

Bottom line: there's room for improvement. His next mod will probably be alot better. I love new campaigns as much or more than the next guy, just didn't enjoy this one that much. Too much friendly ai means less for me to do which just isn't as much fun imo. I never called the mod "junk".

Yes room for improvement on missions.

Hope this doesnt seema complete "slag-off" .. I still played the whole thing & downloaded the little feller.

Christ - I cant realy say a thing, I dont Mod at all & I look at Igor and say things like - " oh yeh, right, I see ... so, umm, yeh I get it ... right ..... ummm " etc.

Much respect for Modding this, but the missions need a bit more spice I rekon.

It's a lot more work to make the mission playable for newbies on recruit level (lock enemies on bored !) and for elite-players.

It's like making 2 missions, one easy the other one hard.

I think this mod was made for newbies, if it's so easy (didn't play it for myself yet).

I make my missions tough (for me anyway), allertness (locked) on combat, surpress, skills on 6-7 (playerAI 3-4).

Can't wait for soup31314's mod, looks to me it's gonna have realistic objectives ;)

WELL SAID :yes: Junk to me would be mods that have been put out that are full of bugs and CTD's. That type of mod should be labeled JUNK so people wouldn't waste their time downloading it. :nono:

Edited by KRP 56