cajun man wants to know one thing.

I guess I was looking for a sequel in that sense.

I was looking for someone to say this...

A true sequel is in the eyes of the beholder. If Grin thinks it's a Sequel then to them it is. If i do then it is to me, and if cajun doesn't then it isn't to him

It's sometimes marketing scheme. Same with "Classic" as i posted what made it Classic and a sequel to me. An expansion is more factual. It's based on the same but as you said adds things.

Now what grin is doing is refining it to make it more Classic or like a sequel to the masses as we post. But going off like some others (not you though Awesome) does not help.

(YES I did have a point to all my posting that gave willie the headache.)

Dumb-ass

Oliver read... now there is a "professional answer" :stupid:

Edited by ROCOAFZ

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no, they are completley pointless because they are just new versions of other exactly alike threads that were created before that by the _exact_ same people! and since we cant do _anything_ at all about most of the requestions, since its not up to us, we dont have much choice. Yes more gamemodes will come to make it more like [GR] but it ill will never play excactly the same, time flies, games change, things will always be better in the past and the grass is always greener on the other side.

sorry cangaroo:)

I wasn't talking about the people that wanted an expansion. I was referring to the people that wanted a sequel. Notice I said "Everyone wanted the sequel to be..." I didn't say "Everyone wanted a sequel."

Too much mt dew today and being bored at work can lead to me skimming. I stand corrected.

They may not think it's similar... but if it is not an expansion but a true sequel, it won't be... just a game within the same theme.

It's like the difference between battlefield 1942 and desert combat. Same theme, different gameplay. It's still battlefield. (although BF2 should be an expansion.. of DC)

It's like DOOM 1 VS DOOM3. Not anything alike... but same objective... kill monsters.

Wolfenstein 3d vs Castle wolfenstein... See my point. Same theme.

I think you were onto something when you were talking about the BF series. I am not a fan of BF (can't stand the running/driving/flying around) BUT going from BF 1942 to BF 2 is a sequel to me. I don't know the game engine differences between the two, but I know there was a huge graphics improvement. The gameplay was probably improved, they added the ranking system, etc. but the game was ESSENTIALLY the same.

I guess I was looking for a sequel in that sense.

this is..so..tiring..brain..hurts...must scream...must hold it it in....

Then please don't reply.

serisouly , is it that hard to scroll down and see that there are actually like 4 or more _active_ threads on the excact same subject?

Well, maybe there is a reason why there are an abundance of threads started such as these?

Possibly its you that dont get the point? Here let me try something that might be alittle easier for you, just to maybe get the message across. ;-)

G-Ghost

R-Recon

I-IS

N-Nonexistent

Edited by VeLocityChaos

wow, great response. there is no way i could buy a game from a development team like this. yes grin he represents the whole team. he should be fired. seriously. i asked a simple question and get this childish response.

insulting potential customers on top of a broken game. grin won't be around very long. :nono:

that said, any ghost recon(pc) fans went to graw 360? is it worth it?

wow, great response. there is no way i could buy a game from a development team like this. yes grin he represents the whole team. he should be fired. seriously. i asked a simple question and get this childish response.

insulting potential customers on top of a broken game. grin won't be around very long. :nono:

thats it.I will see you guys in the mod forum.

and you know why? because you are right, I shouldnt post in here.

thats it.I will see you guys in the mod forum.

and you know why? because you are right, I shouldnt post in here.

bye bye and thanks for nothing :D

Hey look - it's another influx of wan.kers.

GRIN don't pay them any attention. They need to get laid. Seriously.

I just need to cool down over in the mod corner for a few hours.

and I think I have learned my lesson not to take bait, but after spending your whole day fighting with writing tutorials so that people can mod the game just to their liking, its easy to loose temper when you see another thread like this pop up.

also I would like to apologize for loosing temper, not professional at all, I actually stepped over the line there. and if you guys hadnt been so busy quoting me I would have edited it away:)

So are you saying that GRIN should scrap this game and start all over? We all know this wont happen. Should they patch the game and change every aspect of the game to the way you like it? Again wont happen.

I dont know what you guys want from them. If all your doing is complaining that you dont like the game, then so be it, but you cant keep posting this stuff and expecting the game to take a 180 from the direction it is going.

The game is moving forward, and all you want to do is hold it back, so you can feel the memories of yesteryear, and how it used to be.

I agree the game is not [GR], I too miss the memories of the classic, but im willing to make new memories with this game.

The only thing we can do now is put in our input of what we would like to see changed. If it can be done, and Ubi/GRIN is willing to do it, then so be it. If not we are outta luck and will have make a decision, stay or go. It really is that simple.

One thing clear here. Im not against people posting their negative views of the game. i actually enjoy reading them as it gives me ideas of maybe how to improve the game we have. but there is a way to do it, and this is definatley not one of them.

This post has really not accomplished anything except to show Roco and Awesome can argue peacfully like it should be done.

read the 2 post below to prove my point.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

no, they are completley pointless because they are just new versions of other exactly alike threads that were created before that by the _exact_ same people! and since we cant do _anything_ at all about most of the requestions, since its not up to us, we dont have much choice. Yes more gamemodes will come to make it more like [GR] but it ill will never play excactly the same, time flies, games change, things will always be better in the past and the grass is always greener on the other side.

sorry cangaroo:)

Then maybe GR.net could serve GRIN better by making a sticky/FAQ or should I say FMQ?

Let the FAQ address all these alike-threads. But let there be concrete answers. (Unlike some answers I've seen by GRIN folks.)

That way the if these same people start these same posts again, a moderator can reply with a link to the FAQ and lock the thread.

That way GRIN could reply once, and be done with it. Let GR.net folks sort out everyone else.

Hey look - it's another influx of wan.kers.

GRIN don't pay them any attention. They need to get laid. Seriously.

I just need to cool down over in the mod corner for a few hours.

and I think I have learned my lesson not to take bait, but after spending your whole day fighting with writing tutorials so that people can mod the game just to their liking, its easy to loose temper when you see another thread like this pop up.

seriously man, you have a right. these guys are the most dumbfounding losers ive ever come across. "waaah its not exactly like the original, wwaaaah this, waaah that."

get over it. play something else. take a walk. pet a puppy. s.tf.u

Then maybe GR.net could serve GRIN better by making a sticky/FAQ or should I say FMQ?

Let the FAQ address all these alike-threads. But let there be concrete answers. (Unlike some answers I've seen by GRIN folks.)

That way the if these same people start these same posts again, a moderator can reply with a link to the FAQ and lock the thread.

That way GRIN could reply once, and be done with it. Let GR.net folks sort out everyone else.

Here here - excellent idea.

Edited by OliverReed

Well im not stating this to upset anyone or take sides I love GRAW and sure there are a few changes that could be made but all games are like that.. the real problem does come in the game name and UBI choose the name so blame them not GRIN it should have been just AW and left the GR off and then advertised it as the next generation of GR or something but now with GR in the title everyone feels it should be like GR and im sure UBI put GR in the title to try and get all the fan base of the original to buy this .. but stop blaming Grin for what UBI choose to do .. at least attack them for what they did do wrong.. lol :P

reed they dont answer to anyone here. do you get it yet?

They don't need to, but they HAVE chosen to enter discussions (and sometimes taking insults in the process). So if they don't want to answer, then they shouldn't. But if they do, then my point is GR.net could help out a bit.

OMG childrens VS adult game developer Flamewar! :whistle:

I think it its time to lock this before it actually _does_ become a flamewar:) :lol:

guys, serisously, im sorry the game isnt all that you wanted it to be but I hope that in time you will see that its not [GR] but a good game and that you can enjoy it for that.

why not let bygons be bygons(is that how you spell it??) and we set a date for a Domination date and ill let you shoot me!? :):D:)