TV on PC screen

Recon

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got a Win TV Go for about £40 (you can get it cheaper online by about a fiver, but I was in a shop so I got it when I saw it).

To be honest when I first got it I was quite excited, however, 2 days in and I'm getting annoyed. The product is fine, no complaints, but my tv reception is dreadful. I went and bought a new indoor aerial as I can't hook it up to the one on the roof. I guess the computer could be causing the interference but werever I move the aerial it is still poor. Using my other indoor aerial it was ok (I could get decent quality channel 4 and bbc1) however, with this new aerial I can get all 4 channels but they are now all low quality.

Sorry, this is a bit of a rant against me wasting £15 on a new aerial. As I said the wintv card and software is excellent, but whatever you do don't buy an One For All Indoor Antenna. If you will excuse me I am going to attempt to use a metal coat hanger. If you don't hear from me for a while I am probably recovering from electrical burns.

Well, some of you will be disappointed to know I escaped hospital. I have now got the old aerial working, using an extension lead to get it away from the pc. The One for All is back in its box and is being returned to Currys tomorrow.

I can get 4 channels, and while the quality isn't the best (due to the aerial) it is acceptable enough. Few funny things like avi recording not working and the Hauppage site having little support help is frustrating. Not an exhaustive review, but really, it's just watching tv while typing to be honest.

A friend of mine has a PCTV card, and we spent a weekend drilling holes in the roof and putting cables around the place, and now its hooked up to his main aerial (i am the master of double adaptors).

He has flat screen LCD, which delivers a really cool picture.

They are sweet if you get the right setup :D

@Bluerose:

Dannik is right, what you will need to do is get a VCR or something, plug the antenna into that, then have an RCA lead running to your computer. Have one RCA plug running to your TV card, then run down to an electronic store (i dont think i know of any danish? ones), and get a small adapter that enables you to plug the RCA plug in one end, with a headphone jack style plug coming out the other.

oh look, heres a handy picture:

AdptMnitoRcaF.jpgit

should only cost a couple of dollers or Euros or whatever :rocky: