16:10 Aspect Ratio

I play at 1680x1050 and nothing looks stretched at all to me.

EDIT: After testing, I notice the game does support 16:10, however you have to have it set for "Auto" and at a 16:10 resolution, where as at 1680x1050 I can set the ratio to 16:9 (and get a wider view) if I wanted to.

All these screenshots were taken using FRAPS at the 1680x1050 resolution using different aspect ratios....

4:3

5:4

16:9

Auto (16:10 for this resolution)

Edited by Nutlink

I play at 1680x1050 and nothing looks stretched at all to me.

EDIT: After testing, I notice the game does support 16:10, however you have to have it set for "Auto" and at a 16:10 resolution, where as at 1680x1050 I can set the ratio to 16:9 (and get a wider view) if I wanted to.

All these screenshots were taken using FRAPS at the 1680x1050 resolution using different aspect ratios....

4:3

5:4

16:9

Auto (16:10 for this resolution)

Thats actually great because I will be getting a new 22" Samsung 225bw Widescreen 5ms LCD monitor from Newegg and I was wondering about that very question.

It's native reso is 1680x1050 so I am looking forward to playing GRAW and GRAW 2 on it.

Death

Thats actually great because I will be getting a new 22" Samsung 225bw Widescreen 5ms LCD monitor from Newegg and I was wondering about that very question.

It's native reso is 1680x1050 so I am looking forward to playing GRAW and GRAW 2 on it.

Death

I got that screen at home myself, and it's working great with GRAW.

the 16:10 reolutions are not in my list in the graphics options. I play other games at 1680x1050. admittedly I wouldnt be lookin to use that res with GRAW as my SLI 7600s would have a fit but I dont get the option of any lower 16:10 reolutions.

dunno what the problenm is

Edited by Bloooz07

Could be your monitor doesn't support it. For whatever reason, my monitor (ViewSonic VX2025WM) does not show 1440x900 at all. It only can do 1680x1050, 1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600 and lower. Check your specs for your monitor :)

EDIT: You can try and force the monitors resolution to something else. I don't remember how, but if you click on the Tweak Guides banner in my sig it'll take you to a site that has a GRAW tweak guide. Somewhere in there it'll tell you how to adjust the resolution in the .xml files.

EDIT 2: If you give your monitor make and model number, I can try and find what official resolutions are supported for your monitor. They don't make it very easy to find, unfortunately.

Edited by Nutlink

Could be your monitor doesn't support it. For whatever reason, my monitor (ViewSonic VX2025WM) does not show 1440x900 at all. It only can do 1680x1050, 1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600 and lower. Check your specs for your monitor :)

EDIT: You can try and force the monitors resolution to something else. I don't remember how, but if you click on the Tweak Guides banner in my sig it'll take you to a site that has a GRAW tweak guide. Somewhere in there it'll tell you how to adjust the resolution in the .xml files.

EDIT 2: If you give your monitor make and model number, I can try and find what official resolutions are supported for your monitor. They don't make it very easy to find, unfortunately.

I have the same monitor. It DOES support 1440x900, it just doesn't show it. Google a program called PowerStrip, which allows you to add any custom resolution that you can think of.

Death

I got that screen at home myself, and it's working great with GRAW.

So it works great for you huh? Good then I am definitly buying it. How is the light bleeding? I heard that only in real dark or blacked out areas of a game will you see light bleeding.

Thanks for your opinion though, it is appreciated. :g_withgrin::D

Death

So it works great for you huh? Good then I am definitly buying it. How is the light bleeding? I heard that only in real dark or blacked out areas of a game will you see light bleeding.

Death

Unfortunately there is some slight light bleeding at the top and bottom which you will notice when/if the screen is black, but I can't say that it has bothered me.

Two of us at GRiN ordered the 225BW as soon as it hit the market and none of us have any complaints. At least, I've never heard anyone of us complain, and I hear myself all the time.

Death

Unfortunately there is some slight light bleeding at the top and bottom which you will notice when/if the screen is black, but I can't say that it has bothered me.

Two of us at GRiN ordered the 225BW as soon as it hit the market and none of us have any complaints. At least, I've never heard anyone of us complain, and I hear myself all the time.

Thats great, I appreciate your opinion. I thought so about the bleeding, but I am buying it anyways.

Death

• 1 month later...

Death

Thats great, I appreciate your opinion. I thought so about the bleeding, but I am buying it anyways.

Death

I got the Samsung 22" TFT 226BW (2ms) and no complaints.

Thanks Nutlink for the screenshots. When I changed my ATI X600 for a X1950 last month I was finally able to move off 800x600 and set the res. to auto, which I assumed gave me 1440x900 for my Viewsonic 19" WS. Sounds like my assumption was right, good.

Does the extra width ever give any advantage? Anyone ever complained in multiplayer about players playing in WS? Or is it just cosmetic so things don't get stretched in wide screen monitors.

Any gaming nutter out there got a bank of three monitors demanding a patch to play with full wrap-round vision ...