M16 vs AK-47

Ruin

• 4 weeks later...

Ruin hosts them when he is around. He is currently on vacation in the southwest and should be back in several weeks. If you are looking for games, The GR.net dedicated server has the IP posted in the Games Room Forum along with member hosted games posted there too. I host on weekends mostly on weekends and they are open to all on the forums no matter if vet or newbie.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's my bold attempt at telling a war story:

Last night I hosted an M16 vs AK-47 game, on the Creek Bed map. The only rule we enforced was no crossing the riverbed. If memory serves, Satillies, Hephaestus and my self were on Red Team armed with AKs. The first go around, I can not for the life of me remember who was on blue. I think it was magnumKP, NYR_32, and two others... DWilliams... and... D'oh, I've forgotten. Anyway, we (red team) were on the East side of the map.

The three of us slowly creeped our way to the edge overlook the otherside. Sart being the rambo he is randomly sprayed bullets on to opposing ground. They immediatley opened up on his location giving me time to try and flank them. I will admit, 3rd Burst vs Full Auto isn't overly fair, but it was a great fight.

Bullets whizzed, snapped and hissed past my head. I hell back but was wounded thus impairing my aim. I laid down fire towards the origin, but no luck. I finally gave up and randomly sprayed in the general direction. Bizzarely enough I hit someone! Chalk one up for me!

Sart and Heph were on the south side of the map in an intense struggle to knock out two opponents. All of the sudden, Sart says "I'm out of ammo." You can't be serious? I thought. Finally, the order was given. If you run out of ammo, get TKed... don't give them the score!

Soon after I finally found "the spot" (good luck finding it guys, it's hard to find). The sweet spot on this side of the map that provided me with trees, bushes and ground cover; at the same time letting me lay down some serious smack on my opponents. With one shot to the face I took out several from here. But my location had been given away. Once again I could almost feel the bullets flying by me. I was hit several times, at one point everywhere but by arms. Sart and Heph were guns blazing on the other end of things, so I was pinned down, all on my own. I crept back to try and take cover, maybe relocate. But I went from prone to crouching too early and was shot in the back.

-----------------------------

Whatcha think? True stories from the MP battlefield. :D I think when all was said and done, ten minutes later (infinite respawns), we won with 29 kills to 23. I think this was the round before my mad rampage...

i like that style of play. a new fresh idea. make up your own rules. no crossing the river sounds fun. post any other styles of play you've tried beyond what the game offers. i like doing the pistols only LMS on the docks with it set for teams but that is pretty standard fare. but it is a lot of fun to not get blazed by one bullet and it's hard to aim sometimes so there is a chance for redemption in that mode.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents as I just got out of the Army less than a month ago.

Its true that the early probs with the M-16 family have been ironed out long ago. And the M-4 is a REAL butt kicker, trust me. But the AK is no slouch either.

However the bottom line is this, regardless of which weapon you carry (in the real world at least) " If you do your job, the bullet will do its job". In other words, BRM, BRM, BRM.......

JW aka C46th

PS BRM = Basic Rifle Marksmanship

I suppose since in GR, theres more wide open environments,the 7.62 would be better(notice i didnt say ak), HOWEVER, since RvS is primarily CQB, the 5.56 would own, as it is meant for short to medium ranges, and when one is shot with the 5.56 at a short to medium range, it fragemnts, when it goes through body armour, skin tissue, wot ever ur wearing. BUT, the 7.62, will cut trhough ur ass like a steak knife through butter, thus leaving what the military calls a "clean" hit, going right through the body. my 2 cents. :ph34r: