Is this Rude?

Rocky

Maybe I'm just grumpy today, and I get that some people want to use the internet while retaining privacy, but...

image.png

When I'm spending my own time and effort and shelling out for the download server, and re-uploading hard to find mods every month, so people can download Ghost Recon mods for free - is it really to much to ask that your request even includes your name?

Maybe I'm grumpy, maybe it's a UK manners thing, but I just find this a bit "off", ie, you're not getting my e-mail address, you're not even getting to know my name, but could you take 10 minutes out of your day and do this for me?

Of course, I did. 

Just wanted to moan about it. 😃

• Like 1

I hope I am not guilty of doing the same.
I have and continue to marvel at your dedication, time and monetary expense for helping people enjoy the GR franchise.

You have done way more than your share, way more.

Edited by wombat50

if I put my information security GRC hat on a minute. I think in this day and age people are starting to see just how much people's data is exploited for profit and people are now very cautious about who they share their personal data with. Not saying that GR.net is in any way, just it's an unfortunate by-product of big tech companies like Facebook and Google just throwing around personal data willy nilly, people don't wanna take the risk anymore.

While the risk of sharing a name or an email address to GR.net is low given that it is unlikely to be associated with a password or any other personal info, I can understand this person's concern.

I wouldn't take it personally ❤️

• Like 1