Third person view while moving ?

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the last released E3 video. it seems that we will be moving in third person and switch to first person only while aiming. I don't like it personally because it is giving me an unfair advantage of checking out the surroundings even when ducking behind cover. would strongly like the OPTION of first person view all the time. What do you guys feel about this ?

Is there any information about whether this option will be there ?

Please please tell me that this 3rd person view is NOT the standard view whilst playing ?

I know Brettzies made the OTS view for those that wanted it, but I prefer 1st person view and have played this way since day 1.

Can someone tell me that this view is switchable and you can play in either 1st or 3rd ?

I sincerely hope that this isnt the default and locked way of playing as this sucks.

Kimi........get it sorted !

:o)

thats kinda because the play on xbox and not on pc....

now think about it.

I have thought a lot about it. The GR series, for even the pc platform, is becoming so xboxish that I am not sure about anything anymore unless there are clear confirmations from the devs.

I am equally concerned about this limited ordering system. How can we have a tactical shooter if we cannot order our troops ? What would be the difference from COD then ? But I guess this issue requirees a separate thread for discussing it properly and in detail.

Please please tell me that this 3rd person view is NOT the standard view whilst playing ?.Can someone tell me that this view is switchable and you can play in either 1st or 3rd ?.

The E3 XBOX 360 demonstration of GR:FS clearly shows for the most part that the third person or over the shoulder view is standard view just like GRAW 1 and 2 are. In GRAW 1 XBOX 360 you can choose first person? "crosshair"/ "reticle"; perspective, which is the exact same perspective as Ghost Recon, Desert Siege and Island Thunder or ots perspective like XBOX Ghost Recon summit strike. There are hands-on reports you can read about the console version of GR:FS and those reports say it's a mixture of first and ots perspective, but as far as i am aware there is no information at all about the PC version of GR:FS. We will have to wait for direct information about the game or from previews and reviews, when that will be?, your guess is as good as another's.

I am equally concerned about this limited ordering system. How can we have a tactical shooter if we cannot order our troops ?.

Micro-management of squad members is out, it is all about the link-up system and close quarters melee combat.

I am equally concerned about this limited ordering system. How can we have a tactical shooter if we cannot order our troops ?.

Micro-management of squad members is out, it is all about the link-up system and close quarters melee combat.

What if I want my squad to flank a certain position as I suppress it

OR I want my squad to suppress a position as I flank it.

Also, ROE, like recon mode, is indispensible, isn't it ?

Edited by buddhiraja73

What if I want my squad to flank a certain position as I suppress it

OR I want my squad to suppress a position as I flank it.

Also, ROE, like recon mode, is indispensible, isn't it ?

Listen to the E3 demo, kozak the player ghost you control in game is being told what to do, so i'm not sure if there are any commands or orders you the player can give your team members?.

Eurogamer

Ghost Recon is no longer a game of skulking behind rocks, picking people off from great distances. Combat is much more close quarters, enemies far more plentiful and the cover system is far more like the one in Gears of War. While the use of gadgetry and teamwork means it's not a straightforward corridor-pounder, it's definitely much more of an action shooter than a tactical shooter. Certain corners of the internet will be upset, and likely to use a certain phrase beginning with 'd' and ending with 'umbed-down'.

suppress, flank , recon, indispensable, isn't it ?.

Intrinsic to Ghost Recon and even GRAW 1 and 2.

i'm not sure if there are any commands or orders you the player can give your team members?.

Update,

I did a tad more reading up on Ghost Recon Future Soldier's impressions, preview, hands-off eyes only of the E3 2010 Demo by different entities on the internet, and some persons were at the VIP section of the Ubisoft booth at E3 and talked to members of the development team about the game. This is mainly about the console verion of Future Sodier, or so i presume.

The E3 demo was scripted from start to finish. Throughout the first sequence, the AI squad-mates are sequenced and moving on their own. However, when asked if Future Soldier will follow a similar player-controlled AI structure (point cursor to a particular location and give an order), the devs were quick to say, "Yes, but the AI are largely improved from previous Ghost Recon titles. Although, playing the 4-player co-op is always the best way to experience the game".

The demo was split into three sections.

Sequence/section

Section one:Ghost team infiltrate a beach-side camp of enemy forces. The final moment of the first sequence saw the player-controlled character form up just behind the intended high value target (p.o.i), who was surrounded by three bodyguards. With Ghosts already (and magically) in position, the player-controlled character called for an all-out strike against the guards.

Section two:player in the role of a sniper in a tower above the action. Ubisoft wouldn't confirm that the game will automatically swap the player-controlled character (or even if it was manual) it doesn't appear that you will constantly be in control of the same soldier.

Section three:The final sequence saw the Ghost team fighting their way through hordes of enemies on the beach, an obvious escape sequence.

High-tech invisible camo is an important asset, it is not a cure-all for many of the tougher areas of the game because your enemies will be wearing thermal imaging technology.

The weapon damage looked similar to a "hardcore" type damage, where a single shot to the body or head was an instant kill. Another feature is that while drawing your weapon up for a more accurate shot, the view switches to first-person.

According to what developers have said previously, players will be prompted to make decisions on how to take a target out, capture a target, or complete a mission using a variety of other options. However, this demo was scripted from start to finish, so, unable to confirm any of these features.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is leaning toward a more "action-focused" experience. As players go to complete missions things can change around them, forcing them to alter their tactics and even scrap intended goals for new ones. The example during the E3 2010 demo was the appearance of a wanted criminal the Ghost leader quickly decides is more valuable captured alive. While Ubisoft representatives would not answer questions related to how scripted the battlefield changes are in the final game, the instance during the E3 2010 demo appeared to be completely scripted.

As with previous Ghost Recon games, teamwork will play a major part. Although the demo seen was short, the AI-controlled teammates appear to be intuitive and easy to coordinate with. We watched as three of them took out targets simultaneously, allowing the main character to move up and silently restrain the target easily.

gr1.jpg

gr2nd.jpg

gr3q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i like the third person view more. Have you ever seen the Wanderer above the Sea of Fog? It's like i'm feeling the same emotions and sensations. It's like a movie, if you know what i mean. I do like fps (my favs are mirror's edge, f.e.a.r. combat, battery, huxley) but the limited view and the weapons stuck wherever you point your camera spoil the realism to me. I prefer cutscenes to be in first person than the game itself. So, i'll vote for both

psJust look at those pics above, i feel involved already

Edited by Shakken