Unit cohesion but no squad commands?

aragorn777

After reading the April ps3 issue (UK version), the writer also mentioned that the squad based commands to control/direct teammates was done away with and replaced with intelligent unit movement and more AI controlled team responsiveness. This aspect I do not like at all. Then I thought about the "link-up" ability. Well, we could share cloaking, share using the snips "sights" and share other assets the commandos have - rockets to designate targets & strike from concealment.

The linking aspect made sense in this regard - players (human) can tap into other players abilities but what didn't make sense was removing the squad commands & being able to direct AI team members.

I'm thinking ubi will have to revisit the but not for online play. With online play we'll have communication through our own headsets but for off-line play, I don't know what to expect but I hope we're not let down.

I don't think they will revisit the no squad commands decision, that's a big departure right there and they'll stick by it. A big mistake IMHO, but we'll have squad tethering to play with instead.

So before we had to rely on the AI somewhat to make intelligent decisions. Now we have to solely rely on the AI to make intelligent decisions. UBI must think they have some pretty good AI coders, because I have never seen a game even remotely close to having the AI make intelligent decisions even with human input much less with no human input.

yeah, but here I get a response. I appreciate the responses.

& you guys right, it is a big departure from the past. Too big. I hope the beta helps them realize some features should be put back in & others taken out. Plus, I've not seen a game yet that the AI is ever good enough. Ever.

Wait a sec didnt they say Natal was going to use the hand singals to give commands? Or was i dreaming that up? That alone kind of made me want the new Ghost. Or maybe it was just for Online? Then again if its just for online i hope they have prox voice chat to make it worth usen it. I wish everylast game had voice prox though! You know what i mean?

yeah, but here I get a response. I appreciate the responses.

Yea i dont even deal with the UBI site no more. Its a completely waste of time compared to usen good old GR.net.

yeah, these guys: My link spotted the natal. didn't know what it was till I dug deeper. seems pretty kool but i've NO idea how this could interact w/ FS. But, thinking about it, the AI players would have to react to our hand motions? wow. yet another reason to buy another piece of equipment, huh? Hum... but I want a PC gaming rig & don't know if natal works w/pcs.

yeah, i wonder how good that will be? it seems kool if we can learn the marines sign language & that be actually used to direct our team - AI or Real Person. But ubi has put nothing out as to the specs and has said nothing about it for the beta either. from the video, it appears to need "large" movement and not small hand/arm gestures. hum, this whole discussion reminds me of a niffy movie I own, "Hunt for Eagle One." it's about marines who've got to rescue guys in a downed chopper - D rated movie but it had urban and jungle fighting. Main actor, Mark Dacascos - Tv series The Crow, late 90's. I liked the movie cuz it was a little more authentic on how marines act in the field especially in urban settings with room-to-room clearing, hand-to-hand combat & covering their zones while moving in halls & stuff. I wonder how much integration FS will have w/ natal? That'd be kool to actually have to learn Marine speak while taking down a building.

Plus, if the drones are done right, we could be sending in drones first to clear places while also drawing fire & there by exposing enemy positions so we can take them down faster.

^

Honestly Honey...I'm trying to put out a fire on my crotch in a video game. innocent.gif

____

Replying to: Unit cohesion but no Squad Commands?

Sounds suspiciously like COD*s level of AI activity and control...the program would not proceed until you stacked up or linked up w/leader to breach the door.

The campaign should be a hoot.

Edited by NoQuarter

Perfect... :lol: hahahaha.... you know you guys truly see the ridiculas in this stuff while I'm trying to "stretch my imagination" to see the good. hahahaha touche touche :wacko: what are we going to do w/ubi? I heard on the ubi grfs forums from ms-kleaneasy that they are listening to us.... I wonder how well? And I wonder if anyone @ ubi has actually tested this aspect of the game. Yeah, I'd like to see someone @ ubi try to put out a crotch fire! hahahahaha :rofl:

I guess there's really nothing good about natal integration & grfs.

But the question remains: how will be act as a unit w/o squad commands in the game? If it's like Frontlines: fuel for war or COD that's going to suck.

^

Honestly Honey...I'm trying to put out a fire on my crotch in a video game. innocent.gif

____

Replying to: Unit cohesion but no Squad Commands?

Sounds suspiciously like COD*s level of AI activity and control...the program would not proceed until you stacked up or linked up w/leader to breach the door.

The campaign should be a hoot.