Sniper: Ghost Warrior

^

Good find, that answered some key questions.

...only one of the two playable characters is actually a sniper...
The other isn't his spotter?

...Ghost Warrior features a focus mode that can be activated to slow down time and highlight potential targets.
Lord.

____

Pass.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Ghost Warrior features a focus mode that can be activated to slow down time and highlight potential targets.
Lord.

____

Pass.

It's one of the first things that stood out in the basic tactics guide video posted above. It kind of reminded me of F.E.A.R. 2's slo-mo, although i'm not sure if this is disabled in hard/veteran? mode?.

Yep, the 'traditional' med kits, slow motion, and 'bullet time' are potential deal-breakers, and I keep my fingers crossed that these 'features' are disabled on hard difficulty. Hopefully there will be full modding support to rid the game of those abominations altogether.

I found a PC sp and mp demo over at techPowerUp!, i enjoy reading up on the latest of gaming and hardware at their site. Only just tried the demo, seems ok, not got into a mp match yet, tried out the lan and sp. I like it, you'll have to judge for yourselves. Some options you can turn off, like bullet time but i can't find option to turn off focus mode - slo mo in sp don't think focus mode is in mp? well i couldn't use it in lan anyway.

[Download removed]

27456699.jpg

45131496.jpg

73526524.jpg

94947771.th.jpg30408119.th.jpg49701695.th.jpg

Just read this entire thread today, it does indeed look interesting, more Ghost to the other Ghost than the new Ghost :)

Very interesting there isn't much out that interests me right now but I am grabbing the demo right away and "see".

I managed to resume it, but did not of you notice the installer is borked??

If you install to a drive other than the one you downloaded the installer to, it returns a patching error for dxsetup!

DOH!! :wall::wall:

You're right, the install continued with it.

I like what I saw of it! They have done some basic stuff right that many get plain wrong.

Nice PC config area with plenty of options. Nice implementation of stance, ONE key for stand, prone and crouch with a hold required to go prone.

Like it.

Anyone played mp yet?, is focus mode off in mp?. I thought the graphics are rather good, kinda reminds me of FarCry 1 and 2.

Tried to create an account several times tonight, each time failed. Just tried again <_<

Error creating profile

Register timeout

Anyone played mp yet?, is focus mode off in mp?. I thought the graphics are rather good, kinda reminds me of FarCry 1 and 2.

Tried to create an account several times tonight, each time failed. Just tried again <_<

Error creating profile

Register timeout

Hi all, new. I dont think you can MP in the demo.

I've had no luck anyway.

Got game pre- ordered, so SP demo is good training for now.

Jet

I`m not convinced this is the official demo at present.

And not seeing it at any of the usual download sites.

:hmm:

I watched this PC demo gameplay about a week ago i think? on youtube, maybe longer?, the PC demo has been out for a while now, i noticed some gamers from elsewhere on other legit forums were downloading it from so and so sites. Just checked XBOX LIVE Marketplace and no official demo for that platform available yet. The mp is locked, no matter what you try it asks you to sign in to the lobby, but as soon as you sign in it takes you right back to the sign in window, and there is a locked lock to the left of your chosen name. LAN works ok. Official full retail game has been pushed back to the 02/07/2010, it was originaly scheduled for release 24/06/2010, about two weeks to go here in the uk, will see if there is an official demo to be released before retail?. I download often from techPowerUp!, never thought of it as a dodgy site or anything, maybe it's a leaked version without mp?.

I`m not convinced this is the official demo at present. Not a single mention of this demo at any of the following links:

City-Interactive

Official Site

Facebook

Twitter

And not seeing it at any of the usual download sites.

:hmm:

You are right, this is wierd. Stir it up Tinker, make a post on facebook saying how cool the demo is.