Chinese street justice.

Metal_Jacket

Two thieves on a motor-scooter flew by and snatched a woman’s purse on a street in Wenzhou, China. Surveillance video shows a man riding a bicycle. As he was passing by the front of a hotel near where the thievery happened, he stopped, calmly got off his bicycle, picked it up, and then threw it at the thieves

You wouldn’t be able to do that here...you’ll get sued !!!

"Chinese Street Justice". It sounds like a console beat-em-up!

Sadly, the man that tackled two handbag thieves on foot the other day, was stabbed and killed for his troubles. The police have taken it seriously and, oddly enough, encouraged the public to 'have a go', but also phone 999.

The yobs in the U.K. act as though they're invincible.

DS

That may be due to the fact that Joe Citizen isn't packing in the UK. Thieves tend to be discouraged from continued pilferage when the intended victim responds with the business end of a firearm, rather than his or her wallet, as Octavius Barnes learned the hard way last year here in Florida.

Please let's not go down the old gun debate again, in fact I'm adding it to the forum rules alongside political debate. I value your friendship too much to risk it over differing views on gun ownership :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to start a debate Rocky. :) Just saying ... people think twice about committing crimes when they know that they may face violent resistance. Case in point, British singer Myleene Klass was warned by the police that carrying an offensive weapon even in your own home is illegal, after she chased off two teens who were ostensibly trying to get in her window. Gun, baseball bat, toy plastic lawnmower, it doesn't matter - if crooks know that you can do nothing to stop them, then they're going to do what they want. It's a sad sign indeed when law-abiding people don't have the right to defend themselves. That has nothing to do with gun ownership, and everything to do with stupid lawmakers.

I'm not gonna start an discussion over self defence here, but in the Netherlands crime is dealt with by good justice, with programs to get people back in a normal life after doing their sentence, and offering them a house and a job (not for free but after a good behaviour)

The big differences the US knows in welfare (if you are broke there's no state fund to help you enough) causes more crime than guns can deter.... It would be better to do something about that My guess...

I hope the new health bill turns out well and shows people that by being more social-feeling (dunno the proper phrase for that) most of the crimes can be prevented. Off course there are always people in the wrong place with a lack of social feeling (or a brain decease) doing crimes, but you see most of the pople ending up in Dutch jails have some sort of dicease..... so either people wittingly doing crimes stay out of the hands of justice or our social network eliminates most of the problems causing crime amongs normal people.

Please let's not go down the old gun debate again, in fact I'm adding it to the forum rules alongside political debate. I value your friendship too much to risk it over differing views on gun ownership :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to start a debate Rocky. :) Just saying ... people think twice about committing crimes when they know that they may face violent resistance. Case in point, British singer Myleene Klass was warned by the police that carrying an offensive weapon even in your own home is illegal, after she chased off two teens who were ostensibly trying to get in her window. Gun, baseball bat, toy plastic lawnmower, it doesn't matter - if crooks know that you can do nothing to stop them, then they're going to do what they want. It's a sad sign indeed when law-abiding people don't have the right to defend themselves. That has nothing to do with gun ownership, and everything to do with stupid lawmakers.

It's no better when they thrown in jail - most of them got Xboxes, TV's and what not in their cells now, and they don't even have to pay for a TV licence.

The old brutal Medieval justice system never harmed anyone, except for those who commited the crimes. The offender(s) certainly never commited crime again. And it was an effective deterrent.

I'm not gonna start an discussion over self defence here, but in the Netherlands crime is dealt with by good justice, with programs to get people back in a normal life after doing their sentence, and offering them a house and a job (not for free but after a good behaviour)

The big differences the US knows in welfare (if you are broke there's no state fund to help you enough) causes more crime than guns can deter.... It would be better to do something about that My guess...

I hope the new health bill turns out well and shows people that by being more social-feeling (dunno the proper phrase for that) most of the crimes can be prevented. Off course there are always people in the wrong place with a lack of social feeling (or a brain decease) doing crimes, but you see most of the pople ending up in Dutch jails have some sort of dicease..... so either people wittingly doing crimes stay out of the hands of justice or our social network eliminates most of the problems causing crime amongs normal people.

Don't even start on the possible health care solution that may be come law here in the US. With being fined for not having insurance part of the bill, it will surly anger many if it gets passed.

Sadly, the man that tackled two handbag thieves on foot the other day, was stabbed and killed for his troubles. The police have taken it seriously and, oddly enough, encouraged the public to 'have a go', but also phone 999.

Hey DS, I was looking around for news about what you said above, and couldn't find anything so far - do you have a link?

Don't even start on the possible health care solution that may be come law here in the US.
The winds of change (Read: Self preservation) could blow out this pipedream before it ever hits his desk for signing...but just in case of any more jackass shenanigans (Read: Payola) the repeal paperwork is already in progress for when the sides swap seats as a result.

____

Replying to: Chinese street justice.

Isn't that normally carried out by Norinco?

Hey DS, I was looking around for news about what you said above, and couldn't find anything so far - do you have a link?
Three men have just been arrested in connection with the murder.

I've said it before, I wouldn't trust a lot of people I know with a firearm, and the U.K. couldn't handle the seriousness of ownership either. In todays age of consumerism, where people feel the need to upgrade their mobile phones and electronics every year, I reckon hand guns would be the next must have item. There'd be metal detectors introduced into every conceivable area of public life. The only ones that would benefit are firearms manufacturers, the government, because there's no way they would let an opportunity to enforce an annual licence on gun owners pass them by, and companies that make metal detectors. To add to that, the price of copper, lead and tin would rocket globally.

I'm quite happy the way things are thanks, but I'd be curious to see the look on a mugger's face if I pulled out a .40 instead of my wallet!

DS

I'm quite happy the way things are thanks, but I'd be curious to see the look on a mugger's face if I pulled out a .40 instead of my wallet!

As one who's had the pleasure (twice) of presenting said .40 (actually a .45) to muggers, I can tell you that the look is priceless. Thankfully have not had to put rounds into anyone, but I'd very likely be dead today if I hadn't been armed and prepared to use it on more than one occasion.

Three men have just been arrested in connection with the murder.

Thanks DS. I now see you are talking about an incident in the UK, I thought you meant the Chinese guy in the video was murdered.

Sad to see in the UK case a Good Samaritan senselessly dying for helping out someone - glad the cops seem to be on top of the case.

The UK is totally stupid.

"Have a go" then "don't wave a knife at a chav invading your property" (when your inside your home and just grabbing anything to wave them off) .. if you had a go doing that over here the police would pander to the rights of the people on the bike once they dealt with the main crime.

In the UK its more like "have a go, but please don't actually have a real go that is anyway a threat to the other person if we deem it so or infringe their rights".

That may be due to the fact that Joe Citizen isn't packing in the UK. Thieves tend to be discouraged from continued pilferage when the intended victim responds with the business end of a firearm, rather than his or her wallet, as Octavius Barnes learned the hard way last year here in Florida.

Reading your article It appears that homeowner later died from heart trouble brought on by the thiefs use of the stun gun. Glad the thief was shot and killed then, he got his just punishment for killing that homeowner.