3rd Person Now In Graw 2

I think mirr deserve's a lot of the credit for good camera settings to start from.

I'm not positive, but I think it was mirr's mod which I based my 3rd person camera settings on. I checked out some Graw1 mods to get the idea of how the camera worked. The best one I found to use as a starting point had no author, but now that I compare it to mirr's(which I just downloaded after back tracking the thread I found it in) the settings seem to be identical to his. So probably mirr deserves credit for good camera settings to begin with!

There are three 3rd person mods for GRAW that i remember (two in the downloads section here at gr.net), but actually one was reworked.

1: zip file is 9629-localnew2.rar, creator/author: Tps

2: zip file is 02.jan.07-3rd_PeRSON_mod.zip, (reworked), creator/author: Ruddy

3: zip file is ThirdViewMod (the one i use) and i think it was the first full working tpv mod?

Discussion of tpv mod was here http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44252

3: zip file is ThirdViewMod (the one i use) and i think it was the first full working tpv mod?

That's the one I used to start. In the thread I found it, mirr says it looks like a modification of his settings. When I compare the two, they are the same in terms of the camera_settings.xml. So I assume mirr was the first to get it "right," but who knows at this point.

sorry for the delay on getting back to you folks, Real life stuff :wacko:

just wanted to say thanks man, you did a great job on the 3rdp_beta for graw2, it installed without a problem on vista 64-bit.

mirr says it looks like a modification of his settings. When I compare the two, they are the same in terms of the camera_settings.xml. So I assume mirr was the first to get it "right," but who knows at this point.

Either way, you guys did a superb job, props to grin for making graw & graw2, much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod is totally awesome !

Our team cancelled the second clanmovie to do a new one, with this mod. After some problems to install, because some OZ* are too stupid to choose a destination folder, we had a lot of fun while making the movie.

Our team hosts 4 gameservers and iam the rootserver/ gameserver admin. I hope i find some mates and suitable arguments to host a "special" mod server.

THANKS FOR THIS MOD !!! AWESOME WORK !!!

I guess you "freaks" know all bugs, but maybe i list the "hardest":

- If i stand too close to a wall, i can look through it

- Sometimes it switches back to 1st person

- The weapon stucks near walls and corners by leaning right or left, weather there is enough space

This mod is totally awesome !

Our team cancelled the second clanmovie to do a new one, with this mod. After some problems to install, because some OZ* are too stupid to choose a destination folder, we had a lot of fun while making the movie.

I've seen the first movie, it was brilliant! Looking forward to seeing the final version, I am sure Bretzzies will love it too.

Its uploaded. The final version is already on youtube.

I did 5 % in normal view, to show that it is the PC version. The rest is in the awesome 3rd person mod

Somebody on youtube, named GRNETFILMS, wanted this movie for the "Newspage" in here.

So here is the link to the movie.

Because a lot of questions via pm on the last vid, about maps, music and stuff i insert "credits".

I hope so a lot of players will join this site and download all those awesome maps and mods.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS !!!

Somebody on youtube, named GRNETFILMS, wanted this movie for the "Newspage" in here.

So here is the link to the movie.

Yeh that's the youtube account I use for gaming videos :thumbsup:

I'm off to watch your movie now...

... great work, nicely done!

Excellent movie. Especially like the explosion effects and the way you blend in some game elements like sniping the heli and the adats etc.

The credits give it that professional touch.

Had to laugh at the truck dance at the end...

Great work. Be good to see more of these, incl. some coop. ones.

Dav

Hi. Cool u like it.

I just set up a "new" server with this mod. But our ressources dont allow to run a fifth server. So i only can host it from our rootserver, if no OZ* want to play coop on our "*OutlawZ [WARZONE].

If the mod is enabled, you can find

*OutlawZ [WARZONE] [3 rd person mod]

But i ve to close the server if OZ* have training, wars or coop-sessions.

Because some questions via pm on youtube, i dont know why they dont watch this / use this forum, how to install this mod, i did a "thread" on our hp.

A lot of clanmates and other ppl who use Vista cant use the "installer" if their (user account manager ?!?) is enabled.

Can somebody of you ve a look at this thread and download?

IS THIS CORRECT ?!?

I did an (not really good) solution. I uploaded the "LOCAL" folder with and without mod. So they can copy it and use the 3rd mod.

It was cool someone of you can check it. Iam too stupid and my english is very bad. But i want to help those who cant install it.

Sorry for spam this forum, but i am bad in english and cant write with perfect words in short sentences.

A lot of clanmates and other ppl who use Vista cant use the "installer" if their (user account manager ?!?) is enabled.

Can somebody of you ve a look at this thread and download?

IS THIS CORRECT ?!?

I did an (not really good) solution. I uploaded the "LOCAL" folder with and without mod. So they can copy it and use the 3rd mod.

It was cool someone of you can check it. Iam too stupid and my english is very bad. But i want to help those who cant install it.

Sorry for spam this forum, but i am bad in english and cant write with perfect words in short sentences.

Your english is good! You guide is easy to understand and should help people :)

I will try and join your co-op server soon :thumbsup:

If you can speak english as good as you write english, I might even join your teamspeak server :rofl:

OZ* Ares, this is probably one of the absolute best clan movies that I have seen. The video editing was perfect with the upbeat, and very appropriate "Invaders Must Die" music. Have to agree with Davors that the credits added more validity to the movie and even the truck got into the groove :D

Very well done!! Loved every minute of it and even showed the guys during gaming night!!

Take Care,

Bogie

- Sometimes it switches back to 1st person

I wish this could be a feature mod, not had the 1st person switch back but i find it impossible to plant the EMP whilst in 3rdp.

[...]

Yes, its difficult to plant C4.

Stand infront of an ADAT and use "q" and "e" to lean left or right. i had to hold those keys and then i was able to plant it.

But an other problem is the crosshair. Its very close to the characters head while leaning leftor right by shooting besides walls. It would be nice, if that problem could be fixed. Then this mod would be suitable for daily use !!!

Sometimes it is possible to look through walls, but i think players would be fair enough, that they dont look and shoot through walls.

Just played coop_forrest_v2 with that mod ... huhu ... died a lot :D

Yes, its difficult to plant C4

Not had a problem planting C4 on adats and tanks whilst in 3rdp but in act3 codename farrallon? you're on the dam and you have to enter a building (looks like a tall bunker) and plant an EMP device, but i find it impossible whilst in 3rdp to actually be able to do this, so i have to save game where i can and exit the game and remove 3rdp from graw2 english folder and go first person to complete this part. That's why sometimes it would be cool to be able to switch at any time between first and 3rdp or ots. I'm not sure but i think there is somewhere else i have to switch to first person to complete a mission or part of it?.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 years later...

hi guys.. i downloaded the mod 3rdp_beta.zip... when i unpacked it and tried installing i was prompted about logging in to administration...  could you guys help and guide me through this. I have GRAW2 and was hoping for a third person gameplay but i found out too late that the pc version only runs on first person.