Ubi Haters Are Gonna Love This.

I'm not a Ubi 'Basher' (unlike some peoples feelings), but it is without surprise an award like this would fall to a company like Ubisoft. It is a true reflection of how the industry has changes over the years, maybe there will be some sunshine in the future.

;)

nice find

I wouldn't brand Ubisoft as the Least Consistent publisher, nor would I be using the Metacritic data to formulate that opinion, but from my PC-centric limited viewpoint and narrow range of genres played thru the years, I would say that Ubi was a Very Consistent publisher...in releasing shovelware.

^

No joy in that.

I agree with both NoQuarter and the article. One only has to take a look at XFire to see that the games which have garnered high praises are the ones which are still played today, years after they were originally released while the shovelware games are way down on the hours played list. The irony is that while Ubi is trying to make games that gamers want to play are not the niche market games that have consistently gotten the high marks and are played longer.

We know that GR was 171/182 earlier this week and that is a 7 year old game and a 6 year old game, a flight sim scores even higher than that at 125 with 691 gamers playing a day, iL2 Forgotten Battles. When you look at other Ubi games like the latest PoP, there are 299 playing a day at 229 on the list. Only Far Cry 2 is doing better than any I have just mentioned, 66 with 2372 playing.

Ubi should look at their niche market games to see why they are so popular compared to everything else.

I'm almost reluctant to post this, but in the interests of impartiality LOL...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ubis...stent-publisher

Good balanced reporting Rocky!

Check out Dave Perry's blog which has the actual table the article refers to

http://www.dperry.com/archives/news/dp_blog/most_least_cons/

Ubi only has 4 titles in the "A" category (wonder which ones?) and 75 in the "F"

Metacritic doesn't seem to be an exact scientific way of calculating scores. I'm confounded why the gaming industry puts so much weight on the score.

http://www.gamequarry.com/dablog/category/...itic_uncovered/

Metacritic doesn't seem to be an exact scientific way of calculating scores. I'm confounded why the gaming industry puts so much weight on the score.

http://www.gamequarry.com/dablog/category/...itic_uncovered/

Interesting site.

I watched all three videos, but really, can't all 18 minutes of video analysis be summerised in the two sentences published on the metacritic site where they explain their scoring system...?

Each movie, game, book and album featured on metacritic.com is assigned a METASCORE®, which is a weighted average of all of the scores assigned by individual critics to that movie, game, book or album.

The METASCORE is considered a weighted average because we assign more significance, or weight, to some critics and publications than we do to others, based on the overall stature and quality of those critics and publications

I think those two sentences cover all 18 minutes of footage, and personally I agree with the metacritic system of weighting, browsing some review sites its obvious there's a huge disparity in quality of reviews so it's only right to place more value on the more detailed reviews.

I'm still going to bookmark gamequarry though. :thumbsup:

Ubi is definitely releasing a lot of garbage shovelware.

However... All of ubi's big name games score consistently pretty well. GRAW, Vegas, hawx, end war, Assasins Creed, Prince of persia -- look them up, they're all 70s-80s on the Metacritic scale. This article isn't exactly an indictment of the Tom Clancey games they've been releasing, they're all scoring just fine on metacritic.