>> Other Features Wish List! <<

I d like to see the "Recon" aspect of Ghost Recon given more promience. Use of modern suppressed weapons (real ones not some weird dream pulse rifles etc)

Weapons like the Steyr 3 Kriss 45 Magpul Masada Sig rifles etc .

Team work tasking of the soldiers in you r squad is fair more challenging than "point and shoot" GRAWs method of play.

The flexibility to add in mods is a absolute must I beleive for the next GR game

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. This is OldGhost. Quick Intro. I am a 53 year old man from Southern California with a way too big imagination and feel that computer games like GR were made just for me. I have never played online but have spent countless hours playing against the computer's AI. I have been a lurker on this board for some years now and with the news that GR4 is on the way, I thought it was time to join up and start a new wish list for gereral game play. Rocky.....I hope you will take the time to bring this to the attention of the game creators. These are not criticisms, just things I have encountered with my own game play. Make no mistake....I LOVE THIS GAME. OK, here we go.

#1.....Gunfire is supposed to be ear-splitting. Maybe have a separate volume slider just for gunfire?

#2....OK maybe this IS a criticism but you have got to build a better aiming and throwing system for throwing grenades. I have killed myself throwing grenades more times than the enemy has. No fun. Maybe have the grenade fly out in an ark but it goes where the curser is pointing and have a slower countdown using numbers displayed on the screen just below the aiming curser that disappears after the grenade is thrown.

#3....When peeking and shooting around an object, you may have a clear line of site to the target but your shot is deflected by some invisible barrier extending out beyond the visable edge of the object. this goes for shooting between two objects also. BUT THE ENEMY SURE CAN SHOOT THROUGH THEM AND KILL YOU!!! Also no fun. Anything that can be done here would be greatly appreciated.

#4....The sniper Allin in GRAW1 is a far better shot then the sniper Hume is in GRAW2. Make the sniper in GR4 at least as good as the sniper in GRAW1 is. Also, I can play a mission in the role as the sniper and make a good shot from a certain position. Then play the same mission with Allin or Hume as the sniper and he will not or cannot make the same shot from the same position. If I can make the shot, then he should be able to make it too. That's all for now. More to come as I think of them. Thoughts and comments please everyone.

OldGhost.

^#4

Whether one bot was more accurate in one game versus another bot in another game does not really concern me, what does is the fact that in either of those two examples the games designated marksman was unable to set up to propering perform their reason for being. Allen, Hume, & the entire :AW* AI Team have a thing against getting small. If RSE or whoever is in queue for development bring back the GR ability to order the AI into a prone position and for them to be able to move in low crawl, they (the devs) will have vaulted over one of many hurdles layed out in front of them.

Rocky.....I hope you will take the time to bring this to the attention of the game creators.

No need to, you post interesting posts, and they will see it :thumbsup: One tip, structure your post with paragraphs, they are less likely to read large blocks of text :thumbsup:

Oh, and thanks for de-lurking, we always like to see that. :)

Rocky.....I hope you will take the time to bring this to the attention of the game creators.

No need to, you post interesting posts, and they will see it :thumbsup: One tip, structure your post with paragraphs, they are less likely to read large blocks of text :thumbsup:

Oh, and thanks for de-lurking, we always like to see that. :)

About paragraphs. I guess I am either too stupid or too lazy to learn. :blush: If someone would like to Email me a lesson, I am not too embarrassed to ask. It's high time I did learn. Also, any tips on how to post intelligently in these forums would be happily excepted. Rochy, please feel free to unscramble this mess. OldGhost.

Hi all. This is OldGhost. Quick Intro. I am a 53 year old man from Southern California with a way too big imagination and feel that computer games like GR were made just for me.

I have never played online but have spent countless hours playing against the computer's AI. I have been a lurker on this board for some years now and with the news that GR4 is on the way.

I thought it was time to join up and start a new wish list for gereral game play. Rocky.....I hope you will take the time to bring this to the attention of the game creators. These are not criticisms, just things I have encountered with my own game play. Make no mistake....I LOVE THIS GAME.

OK, here we go.

#1.....Gunfire is supposed to be ear-splitting. Maybe have a separate volume slider just for gunfire?

#2....OK maybe this IS a criticism but you have got to build a better aiming and throwing system for throwing grenades. I have killed myself throwing grenades more times than the enemy has. No fun. Maybe have the grenade fly out in an ark but it goes where the curser is pointing and have a slower countdown using numbers displayed on the screen just below the aiming curser that disappears after the grenade is thrown.

#3....When peeking and shooting around an object, you may have a clear line of site to the target but your shot is deflected by some invisible barrier extending out beyond the visable edge of the object. this goes for shooting between two objects also. BUT THE ENEMY SURE CAN SHOOT THROUGH THEM AND KILL YOU!!! Also no fun. Anything that can be done here would be greatly appreciated.

#4....The sniper Allin in GRAW1 is a far better shot then the sniper Hume is in GRAW2. Make the sniper in GR4 at least as good as the sniper in GRAW1 is. Also, I can play a mission in the role as the sniper and make a good shot from a certain position. Then play the same mission with Allin or Hume as the sniper and he will not or cannot make the same shot from the same position. If I can make the shot, then he should be able to make it too.

That's all for now. More to come as I think of them. Thoughts and comments please everyone.

OldGhost.

Edited by Fletch

:thumbsup:

Welcome OldGhost,

lol, one of our gaming buddy is famous for blowing us up with nades accidentally. It happened to him so many times, that we still call him Frank la grenade, now a days :rofl:

About paragraphs. I guess I am either too stupid or too lazy to learn. :blush: If someone would like to Email me a lesson, I am not too embarrassed to ask. It's high time I did learn. Also, any tips on how to post intelligently in these forums would be happily excepted. Rochy, please feel free to unscramble this mess. OldGhost.

It's easy really, whenever there is a slight change on direction or topic in the text, just hit return a couple of time and start a new paragraph. If you still end up with large blocks of texts, just count 2 or 3 sentences and put a space in there :thumbsup: As nicely shown by Fletch above!

Now back to the next GR.... :thumbsup:

Hi OldGhost.........Welcome I too read this site for a couple of years before I posted (Registered) so Glad to have ya here.

You will find that with the level of maturity here you will fit right in.

Now You need to play Multiplayer to take the game an extra step as you will just not believe the difference of having other live players helping in a game and the fact that Co-op stills plays the single player maps but now you can say hey Bubba a tango is just around the left back side of that building.

Join some of these guys one night and see a BIG change of game play.

Welcome OldGhost,

lol, one of our gaming buddy is famous for blowing us up with nades accidentally. It happened to him so many times, that we still call him Frank la grenade, now a days :rofl:

We had this lady on our team, I think her call sign was Fury, She was always doing the same thing. She was really a good player except for that one aspect. It made for lots of laughs and everybody running away whenever her character pulled out a nade. One time we all hid behind a fairly large rock as she threw the damn thing and watched it bounce off the top of the door and over to us. BOOM.

Edited by Fletch

Welcome OldGhost,

We had this lady on our team, I think her call sign was Fury, She was always doing the same thing. She was really a good player except for that one aspect. It made for lots of laughs and everybody running away whenever her character pulled out a nade. One time we all hid behind a fairly large rock as she threw the damn thing and watched it bounce off the top of the door and over to us. BOOM.

Nece to see that I'm not the only one with some grenade misadventures. :shifty: OldGhost.

By the way. How do I reply to your posts without adding what you said in your reply, to my reply? OldGhost.

Edited by OldGhost

Hi OldGhost. Welcome to the forums. I fixed your first post for you as an example, but didn't see what others had done as I edited it before I read the rest of the replies to it. I blame it on my work hours. I don't get home 'til after 11PM EST most nights.

To reply to someone with out quoting them, just click the t_reply.gif button or the t_qr.gif button. To quote someone so that you are replying to a specific post(er), use the p_quote.gif.

Now a really neat thing about these forums is you can quote multiple posters at the same time by using the p_mq_add.gif button in all the posts you wish to quote and then click on the t_reply.gif button and they will all be in one post. It really is great when there are multiple posts you wish to reply to at the same time. It also keeps others from getting confused as to whom one is replying to.

As far as grenades, I can help you with that one day if you wish, but it has to be on the weekend. Other than that, most of us tell those who have all thumbs with grenades (like Daywanderer :whistle: ) not to use them.

Welcome OldGhost :hi:

Just an extra hint: Sometimes you may want to quote a previous poster, but when you hit the "quote" button, you get all the quotes in his/her post, like this:

Welcome OldGhost,

Nece to see that I'm not the only one with some grenade misadventures. :shifty: OldGhost.

By the way. How do I reply to your posts without adding what you said in your reply, to my reply? OldGhost.

This can make for very long posts repeating quotes over and over again. However, you can edit how much of the quote(s) to show in your post. When you hit the "quote" button your reply form will look like this:

[quote name='OldGhost' date='Jan 24 2009, 04:17 AM' post='533674']

[quote name='Fletch' post='533672' date='Jan 23 2009, 06:29 PM']

[quote name='RatoN' post='533649' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:55 PM']

Welcome OldGhost,

[quote name='OldGhost' post='533627' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:42 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

We had this lady on our team, I think her call sign was Fury, She was always doing the same thing.  She was really a good player except for that one aspect.  It made for lots of laughs and everybody running away whenever her character pulled out a nade.  One time we all hid behind a fairly large rock as she threw the damn thing and watched it bounce off the top of the door and over to us. BOOM.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you simply erase the irrelevant parts. In this example, I erased all the quotes from the other posters, as well as the first part of your post, like this:
[quote name='OldGhost' date='Jan 24 2009, 04:17 AM' post='533674']

[/quote]

(Note that the number of quote and /quote brackets must match in order for the quote to show up properly)

So it end up looking like this:

Happy posting!

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: As for grenade shenanigans, try playing co-op on a team where everyone (including yours truly) is useless with grenades. I think we ended up killing each other ten times for every one kill the AI got :lol:

NAH!!!!!.................this stuff ain't that hard. 0:)

Its just that these ..."youngins" ....like to keep us.... "older types" .... around for their amusement........... :P

Welcome to the site. These are a great bunch of people. Been here a long time. Since GR first come out.

(oh, yea, I'm a little over 50 myself.......... :blink: )

Besides........another GR might be a good thing. At least that's what its being called so far. No hint of a GRAW3 or 4?

Ha..........Ha.............Ha................good one there WK!!!!!!!!

Hey, WK, I am still of the opinion that "eventually" they just might get one right and make a true sequel enhanced FPS of the GR franchise yet. (although GRAW was good.......just not the same as [GR])

But then again..............as long as I have been around, I ain't holding my breath either!

Ha..........Ha.............Ha................good one there WK!!!!!!!!

Hey, WK, I am still of the opinion that "eventually" they just might get one right and make a true sequel enhanced FPS of the GR franchise yet. (although GRAW was good.......just not the same as [GR])

But then again..............as long as I have been around, I ain't holding my breath either!

With the recent comments from Ubi's CEO, I don't think so. Tossing money into more marketing to sell more units that haven't met expectations doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know. If a consumer doesn't see or get a quality product in what he (or she) likes, they aren't gonna buy it either way.

WK you are probably correct........................ :wall: ...................but I really do enjoy a good head bashing against the wall!...........LOL..........

I guess I'm just too optimistic that maybe lightening may just strike twice! :blink:

But then again.......what ELSE is out there? :(

^

Well yeah but those are previous consumers - who have already shelled out... there is always a new crop of spuds ready to fall for those glossy artwork adverts with their inaccurate (or flat out deceptive) pitch lines.

There's a sucker born every minute. "David Hannum"

Hi all. Before I go any further, let me say that I assume that GR4 will be very much like GRAW1 and GRAW2 so my comments will be about what I have experienced in those games.

Using the tactical map.....In both games, the big force-multiplier for the ghosts is the ability to use the tactical map and U.A.V. to look out ahead and see trouble coming. In GRAW1 when I would zoom out to maximum, the map would cover a pretty good area. But in GRAW2, maximum zoom did not cover nearly as much area and someone (especially the emplaced 50-cals) would always be shooting at you from somewhere off the end of the map. GRAW1 is way better. And in GR4, it would be nice if the game creators would allow us to zoom in even closer then in GRAW1 or GRAW2 so we can pick out just the front half of an enemies foot or the tip of a gun barrel from under some tree or overhang.

useless chatter.....First, let me state that when I play, I use headphones so that all the great sound affects are PUMPED DIRECTLY INTO MY BRAIN. :devil: So, when moving a ghost by chaining waypoints on the tactical map in GRAW2, a ghost would say something like "Move into position" at each and every waypoint. He should acknowledge the order at the start of the move and announce his arrival only at the last waypoint. Also as in GRAW2, FOR GOD'S SAKE get rid of all that mindless chatter with the ghosts saying things like.....sir?.....talk to me sir.....when I am doing something like trying to hear from what direction the footsteps of some bad guy are coming from.

Who said that?.....At the upper left corner of your HUD is the name and status of your ghosts. When one of them speaks, his name flashes. It would be nice if his name would flash with a quicker and/or brighter flash and last for 2 or 3 seconds. Long enough to fininsh blasting someone and look to see who is talking. :shifty:

Drone on.....In GRAW1 and 2, if you wanted to look at something other than what the U.A.V. wants to look at, the only way to do so is to do some flybys and hope to catch a gllimpse as the U.A.V. passes. Keep the auto-spot ability but allow us to cut in and take control of the U.A.V.s camera so we can look at what we need to. Also, it doesn't make any sense NOT to have night vision on a piece of high tech equipment like the drone. Santa ghost gave us this great tool but then limits what we can do with it? :hmm:

Easy for you.....By now some of you have GOT to be thinking.....he just wants to make it easier for himself. I have to admit that a good argument could be made for that. On the other hand, the game creators could add more enemies for us to deal with. Or for those of us who like to inflict pain on ourselves, we can just bump up the difficulty level, scream BONSAI! and go for it. (especially you guys in Japan.) :P

Good stuff to keep.....One of the reasons why I like this game so much is that the game creators have given us such a rich and detailed little game world to play in. Things like....when you move, watching the reflection of what's behind you change in the eyepiece of your rifle scope. And in GRAW1, can any of you tell me what is printed on the back of a 50-cal. shell-casing? Keep it coming santa ghost.

What do y'all think? OldGhost.

:lol: Was not gonna read it all tonight, but I couldn’t stop. :thumbsup:

That AW map was way cool, and yes, the frendly bots need to shut up more. Agreed with everything... Not so sure though about the premise that this episode of Ghost Recon, will be something like the AWs. Meh will see.